• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Zenfalcia

So Pat and Woolie in Parasite Eve are like "Can you believe they cancelled the Bleach Anime" and I'm like thinking "What the hell are you on about, the anime went off the air over a year ago"
Then Beloved informed me they're talking about the Dub and I'm just like "That may as well have not even existed in the first place"

I didn't even think anyone gave the dub any consideration, I watched it once and heard Yoruichi pronounced as "Yololuigi" and was immediately done with that.
Dubs are great tho.

Maybe, but I was saying that he probably
sold you out to Nathan if you don't tell the principle about the incident
. He seems like the asshole who is desperate for money and would work with the people who own the town for his own benefit.

Oh. Okay. Yeah, I guess that could be one explanation.

I read it.

It was amusing. I dont care about Naruto though. I think Sasuke is probably the worst rival character ever created.
again thats why the movies great, his in the movie for a total of 30 second, 60 seconds tops and says one sentence.
FTFY and you are correct.

Pikachu_cry_gif_by_MirraW301.gif

360pages

Ugh, the rereleases of the DMC games are going to be Next Gen only and Steam, which is a shame, since I was actually going to give DmC a try along with DMC4

Im way into the Underdark in BG2. How fucking far does this game go. Holy christ. This shit woulda blown my mind so hard if I played it on release. Hell it's blowing my mind now.

Xiraiya

It was amusing. I dont care about Naruto though. I think Sasuke is probably the worst rival character ever created.

I wholeheartedly agree, I liked Sasuke in the beginning as the typical quiet but cool guy, especially when he started copying abilities, but the fact 3/4 of the series is his goddamn tantrum and butthurt about his clan, and then even finding out from his brother "No, they were assholes and I killed them to save the village, I want you to protect the village, you are alive because you weren't like them"

Not only did that not make him stop his stupid tirade, but it gave him an even DUMBER reason to continue to want to destroy the village. "My brother was a hero and he wanted to protect the village, I'm going to destroy the village for his sake because fuck you."

So then eventually Sasuke reaches a point where he's like "Okaaay... I need to talk to all the past leaders to figure out what my view of the world should be"

We get awesome flashbacks for a dozen chapters (Flashbacks are always the best written parts of that series)

Sasuke decides he's going to help save the world and then achieves new powers and all that shit, and at the very end he suddenly turns around and is like "By the way, fuck you, I want to be Hokage after all these years so I'm taking this power and I'm going to reshape the world my way" and that moment is the only reason why we get the long awaited final rival battle, which was actually a great fight, but the lead up was utter runny dogshit.

TL;DR I hate Sasuke.

So Pat and Woolie in Parasite Eve are like "Can you believe they cancelled the Bleach Anime" and I'm like thinking "What the hell are you on about, the anime went off the air over a year ago"
Then Beloved informed me they're talking about the Dub and I'm just like "That may as well have not even existed in the first place"

I didn't even think anyone gave the dub any consideration, I watched it once and heard Yoruichi pronounced as "Yololuigi" and was immediately done with that.

Trying to pronounce that out loud is making me laugh pretty hard.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
he shoots a kamehameha for some reason in the movie.

In history we were discussing how the US obtained Hawaii and a king in Hawaii by the name of Kamehameha showed up and as soon as I saw it I just went, "This is the thing!" really loud and everyone looked at me, and I just stared right back at them like they were crazy.

I still don't know what the bet is
I said that the game was going to just become the Madoka anime minus the third movie. I said it when I had only seen the first hour of the game, before lots of the illusions even started showing up.

People here will act as a third party to confirm the outcome since you haven't seen the show.

360pages

I wholeheartedly agree, I liked Sasuke in the beginning as the typical quiet but cool guy, especially when he started copying abilities, but the fact 3/4 of the series is his goddamn tantrum and butthurt about his clan, and then even finding out from his brother "No, they were assholes and I killed them to save the village, I want you to protect the village, you are alive because you weren't like them"

Not only did that not make him stop his stupid tirade, but it gave him an even DUMBER reason to continue to want to destroy the village. "My brother was a hero and he wanted to protect the village, I'm going to destroy the village for his sake because fuck you."

So then eventually Sasuke reaches a point where he's like "Okaaay... I need to talk to all the past leaders to figure out what my view of the world should be"

We get awesome flashbacks for a dozen chapters (Flashbacks are always the best written parts of that series)

Sasuke decides he's going to help save the world and then achieves new powers and all that shit, and at the very end he suddenly turns around and is like "By the way, fuck you, I want to be Hokage after all these years so I'm taking this power and I'm going to reshape the world my way" and that moment is the only reason why we get the long awaited final rival battle, which was actually a great fight, but the lead up was utter runny dogshit.

TL;DR I hate Sasuke.

Sasuke himself was fine most of the time in part 1. He actually had a pretty good reason to be like the way he was. Plus he had more emotion range in part one rather than Stoic or raving lunatic

Skrams

Ugh, the rereleases of the DMC games are going to be Next Gen only and Steam, which is a shame, since I was actually going to give DmC a try along with DMC4

What did you expect? Did you expect them to rerelease the versions with updates on old consoles? Seems a little insane to do that when they're pushing 1080p/60fps hard. Also DMC4 runs really great on PC so I wouldn't be surprised if SE does as well.

Alright, there's one more story I want to tell before I head in for the night. I just found this out recently. Back when I was 4 or 5. My dad was apparently a huge stoner. One day, he decided since he smoked so much, he might as well sell some. The problem was, he's an idiot. He sold to people he didn't know and thought he was smart enough to wheel and deal. He wasn't. He would go over to give the money he owed to the people he got the stuff from. If they weren't there, he would keep the money and spend it, so when the guys came knocking for their money, they'd get nothing. I've been told that the only reason he wasn't at the bottom of the canal with cinderblocks tied to his legs was because he had a 5 year old son, me. He eventually stopped after being threatened with divorce. I just found this out a month ago.

Squishy3

Man, I learned a lot of lessons from the Skullgreymon arc.

I don't know if you know this, but I quite like Digital Monsters.
That first movie is the best. So is the second movie the same director made many years later, except for some reason there aren't any actual digital monsters in it, despite reusing the end-game scenario from Digimon the First Movie.

Zenfalcia

Alright, there's one more story I want to tell before I head in for the night. I just found this out recently. Back when I was 4 or 5. My dad was apparently a huge stoner. One day, he decided since he smoked so much, he might as well sell some. The problem was, he's an idiot. He sold to people he didn't know and thought he was smart enough to wheel and deal. He wasn't. He would go over to give the money he owed to the people he got the stuff from. If they weren't there, he would keep the money and spend it, so when the guys came knocking for their money, they'd get nothing. I've been told that the only reason he wasn't at the bottom of the canal with cinderblocks tied to his legs was because he had a 5 year old son, me. He eventually stopped after being threatened with divorce. I just found this out a month ago.
What an amazing story.

Just gonna say it once and never say it again but the last naruto movie is actually pretty good, i mean i mostly say that cause of naruhina but besides that its pretty good, and im upset it didnt come to my city, its actually pretty good and i think even if you stopped caring about naruto after part 1 i think youd like this movie, theres no bullshit with sasuke and destiny.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Ever have that feeling when you're watching an anime when the main character, either in middle or high school, comes into contact with a grade schooler for whatever reason, and you just think to yourself, "God. I hope this doesn't get creepy/ I hope the kid doesn't fall in love with the MC or vice versa."

No, I'm not talking about ____gatari (I'm one of the few who didn't really enjoy Bakemonogatari or at least thought it was overhyped. It was a solid 7/10).

Oh sweet, it's Skullgreymon.

SKULLGREYMON WAS LEGIT.

THOUGHT IT WAS THE MOST BADASS THING. GIANT SKELETON WITH A FUCKING NUKE.

THEN IT TURNS OUT GREYMON ACTUALLY TURNS INTO A CYBORG DINOSAUR WITH GODDAMN TITTY ROCKETS AND ONE OF THE BEST TRANSFORMING FIGURES I HAVE EVER OWNED.

Xiraiya

Good that he learned his lesson, nothing good comes out of living that way.

Top Bottom