• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

croten

Just gonna say it once and never say it again but the last naruto movie is actually pretty good, i mean i mostly say that cause of naruhina but besides that its pretty good, and im upset it didnt come to my city, its actually pretty good and i think even if you stopped caring about naruto after part 1 i think youd like this movie, theres no bullshit with sasuke and destiny.

But what if I never cared about the characters, universe or overall story in the series?

SKULLGREYMON WAS LEGIT.

THOUGHT IT WAS THE MOST BADASS THING. GIANT SKELETON WITH A FUCKING NUKE.

THEN IT TURNS OUT GREYMON ACTUALLY TURNS INTO A CYBORG DINOSAUR WITH GODDAMN TITTY ROCKETS AND ONE OF THE BEST TRANSFORMING FIGURES I HAVE EVER OWNED.
Wargraymon da bes
digimon_anniversary___wargreymon_by_w0lf13_c4n3m-d5a0lvo.jpg

Zenfalcia

Just gonna say it once and never say it again but the last naruto movie is actually pretty good, i mean i mostly say that cause of naruhina but besides that its pretty good, and im upset it didnt come to my city, its actually pretty good and i think even if you stopped caring about naruto after part 1 i think youd like this movie, theres no bullshit with sasuke and destiny.
What if you never cared about Naruto?
Ever have that feeling when you're watching an anime when the main character, either in middle or high school, comes into contact with a grade schooler for whatever reason, and you just think to yourself, "God. I hope this doesn't get creepy/ I hope the kid doesn't fall in love with the MC or vice versa."

No, I'm not talking about ____gatari (I'm one of the few who didn't really enjoy Bakemonogatari or at least thought it was overhyped. It was a solid 7/10).
No, you have a dirty mind. Also, what are you even watching?

The monogatari series wasn't like that... I mean sure they looked young, but they weren't. So it's all good.

Ever have that feeling when you're watching an anime when the main character, either in middle or high school, comes into contact with a grade schooler for whatever reason, and you just think to yourself, "God. I hope this doesn't get creepy/ I hope the kid doesn't fall in love with the MC or vice versa."

I've never had that feeling.

What an amazing story.
I was told by one of my dad's old friends when I was visiting my hometown, and was eventually told by my mother. After she told me, I remembered a day when I was really young where there was someone banging on the doors and windows really loudly, saying something that I couldn't hear. It turns out that he was a guy my dad owed money to. He eventually left, and when my dad came home he and my mom had a huge fight. I had completely forgotten about it until I figured out what my dad had done.

I couldn't care less about the romance in the series. I was a firm believer that the characters should have ended up alone in the end.
Well the series was pretty devoid of it, but hinata loving naruto was basically her whole character and this movie sort of ends her character arc which everyone except her did in the series.

semisonic

Banned
Oh man.
I just woke up from my fucked up 7 hour schleep, and this is the first thing that greets me
image.php

Today was a good day.

Also banana I said this before but if you still wanna be showerdorf then go right ahead. It's cool.

Zenfalcia

I was told by one of my dad's old friends when I was visiting my hometown, and was eventually told by my mother. After she told me, I remembered a day when I was really young where there was someone banging on the doors and windows really loudly, saying something that I couldn't hear. It turns out that he was a guy my dad owed money to. He eventually left, and when my dad came home he and my mom had a huge fight. I had completely forgotten about it until I figured out what my dad had done.
That's interesting. Did you ever talk to your dad about it?
Zen, this argument is terrible.
It's fine.

semisonic

Banned

No, I'm not talking about ____gatari (I'm one of the few who didn't really enjoy Bakemonogatari or at least thought it was overhyped. It was a solid 7/10).

Hey you shut up Katanagatari was godlike

That sounds like a really bad character

what can i say everyones characters motivations were pretty shallow. but hinatas love for naruto was her main motivation to making her stronger cause she didnt wanna be weak anymore and wanted to be as strong as naruto is.

croten

what can i say everyones characters motivations were pretty shallow. but hinatas love for naruto was her main motivation to making her stronger cause she didnt wanna be weak anymore and wanted to be as strong as naruto is.

You're really not selling me on this movie.

Xiraiya

(I'm one of the few who didn't really enjoy Bakemonogatari or at least thought it was overhyped. It was a solid 7/10).

That's unfortunate, I mean I don't think that series is the greatest thing ever, I have a hard time imagining someone over hyping it, honestly it's too weirdly paced, but it's definitely an anime I like a great deal, just because of the crazy style it's done in and the characters are pretty good.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
What if you never cared about Naruto?

No, you have a dirty mind. Also, what are you even watching?

The monogatari series wasn't like that... I mean sure they looked young, but they weren't. So it's all good.

It's not so much as a dirty mind as one that is cautious of tropes. I was watching Your Lie in April, it's basically A-1 Pictures wanting to make a new Anohana. But with any romance show with grade school kids, theres always a danger of it happening.

Zenfalcia

It's not so much as a dirty mind as one that is cautious of tropes. I was watching Your Lie in April, it's basically A-1 Pictures wanting to make a new Anohana. But with any romance show with grade school kids, theres always a danger of it happening.
Oh, this series? I should probably watch it. it seems to be very popular.

I was joking about the dirty mind. Don't worry about it. I mean what's wrong with a little crush. It's not like it's going anywhere.

Ilvocare

Help

I'm trapped in an uncle's 40th birthday party I can't leave and a shitty trap remix of "Shake it out" is playing

no hope

Top Bottom