• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

grimmiq

I liked the Rising LP a lot, but it's hard to enjoy it now since I know all of their reactions were fake. They've said that after the first recording they both went home and beat the game, so it's a little lame they put on fake reactions and airs for the LP.

I vaguely remember Max doing the same, he was reacting as if everything was new, despite magically switching to Sam's sword between parts.

Archgan

Favorite LP is Barkley.

Nah, it's Downpour.

I wonder if it is discouraging for the Zaibatsu that some people think that their best LP was literally their second one.

I can't really choose a favorite LP. It is between DP, Barkley, Prison Break, Yakuza and Downpour, though.

Man, the writing in Life is Strange is ultra retarded, because if you're the principal of a school and have been told that a student might have a gun, you should [
B]never[/B] tell the person who might have a gun the witness's name
. That's just begging for someone to arrange for an "accident" to befall the witness.

demidar

Barkley's pretty good. It was off the wall, but short and sweet so it ended before it overstayed its welcome.

I think I'll say Indigo Prophecy. The rising bewilderment of Woolie's explanations was fun to hear, especially with what the FUCK was going on with that story.

You know what, fuck it, while i'm on the subject, there's a story I want to tell about my father. He and the landlords of our apartment hate each other. He refuses to acknowledge any reason why they might hate him. He hates them because he thinks they don't do enough. There's also the fact that they aren't technically the landlords, their parents are, and he thinks that they were pocketing some of the money, so instead, every few months my parents actually pay the rent, he gives the money to my aunt, who happens to be married to the guy's brother. One day over a year ago, child services comes knocking. He figures it's the guy's wife and gets pissed. He acts like he had nothing to do with it, but I found out that my father had tried to get her drug addict son to sell some of his pain meds for him. He does, but keeps the money for himself. My dad starts texting him furiously, which is how I first found out after I read them. Eventually, the kid tells his mom, and that's when child services came knocking. They didn't find anything, so they left. Last christmas, my aunt was talking about how she reconciled with the wife, and he gets pissed at her, saying how could she forgive her for calling child services on us? She had no reason to do that. Really dad, no reason? Maybe it's because you tried to get her drug addict son to sell some fucking pills for you? That's just a hunch. The only people who know what happened are me, my mother, and my closest cousin who I told. That's going to change once i'm gone, though. There won't be a person in my family who won't know after I leave and don't have to live with him anymore. He won't be able to act like an innocent shitbird anymore.

Archgan

Those are my favourites as well. Street Wise was the first LP I ever saw from them and I remember eagerly waiting days between uploads so I remember it fondly as well

I was around for the end of the RE2 LP so Downpour was the first full LP I watched. I forgot that they only uploaded episodes every couple of days.

j4aBLQu.jpg

New wallpaper.

Man, the writing in Life is Strange is ultra retarded, because if you're the principal of a school and have been told that a student might have a gun, you should [
B]never[/B] tell the person who might have a gun the witness's name
. That's just begging for someone to arrange for an "accident" to befall the witness.
I didn't tell the principal that I saw anything and Nathan still finds out about you. I have my theories.

So the movie takes place two years after the end of the manga, for those who dont now there was a giant ninja war and there was an evil moon bunny lady who naruto and sausage beat, and then naruto and vegeta had a big rival battle and naruto one and sasuke went back to be a good guy and stop being an asshole.
so two years later naruto is the most popular guy in the village and all the females who arent Sakura, Ino, and TenTen want his giant ninja dick. note that i didnt say hinata cause she wants that big ninja dick more than anyone and wants to give naruto a handmade scarf similar to the one he had as a kid which got ripped up in a flash back at the beginning of the movie by some kids who were bullying HInata. but when she works up the courage to give it to him first she cock blocked by some chicks who want narutos dick and then when theyre alone in the middle of the night under a street lamp shes talking to him and notices he already has one which is later revealed to have been made by Narutos mom before she died (3rd being strikes again) and so she gets jealous and doesnt give him the scarf and runs away with naruto following after her.
Hinata sitting in a park crying when a pale dude comes out of no where asking if he can have the scarf, and then tries to stick a giant green magic ball inside of her but naruto saves her and then a meteor strikes the village causing damage and While this was happening Hinatas sister Hanabi (yeah remember her?) got kidnapped by pale dude.
So Naruto, Shikamaru, Sai, and Sakura are sent on a mission by Kakshikage to go save her and stop the moon from falling gurren lagann style, hinata asks to be included in the rescue mission and is allowed to.
so they go looking and find a cave leading to a lake which they all go into, its some genjustu which makes them trapped in their own memories, but for some reason Hinatas scarf which she brought with her connects to naruto and he starts seeing memories he and Hinata shared but from Hinatas point of view, specifically a scene shown at the begining of this movie of Iruka-sensei telling them to write the person theyd want to spend the apocalypse with, naruto not having anyone who loves him just threw it away saying it was dumb, but after seeing this Hinata writes down naruto on her paper, which in the magic genjutsu he sees. after that sakura breaks them out, and then shikamaru, sakura and sai start fighting this giant enemy crab and attack its weak point for massive damage, while naruto, whos starting to see Hinata in a different light, is fighting a puppet of the pale dude who is still trying to kidnap hinata. afterwards the gang walks out of the cave to see their in a deserted continent and go to a deserted village.
while theyre looking for clues as to where pale dude is cue a montage of naruto starting to fall for hinata. and when naruto and hinata are in a deserted house together, alone naruto falls over and hurts his back and hinata rubs ointment on his back while they both blush and right when naruto is about to ask hinata about what the scarf is for and right when shes about to confess again sai comes to cock block by saying they found a temple thing.
so the group go in and find like a really old dude and vomits out a floating puple glowing ball which explodes and makes hinata pass out after seeing some shit.
later naruto asks again but hinata says she cant talk and has to think about stuff.
and one night while naruto is hiding behind a tree watching her knit he comes out to talk to her and basically tsundere confesses, no literally he says "hey its not like i wanna save your sister cause i love you or anything." he confesses but before hinata can respond pale dude shows up to cockblock naruto again and asks hinata to come with him and does so for reasons explained later. naruto thinking hes just been NTRd goes on a murdurous rampage yelling hinatas name to the hevans as he chases them on sais ink bird. then pale dude shoots a green energy ball which sucks out all of narutos not-nen and makes a nuclear explosion under him nearly killing naruto and burning the scarf hinata handed to him before she left.
so back on earth, oh yeah naruto and friends are currently inside of the moon right now, blackage starts his plan of shooting a laser at the moon to blow it up, not thinking about the reprecusions.
and now we get the reason why hinata left with pale dude who stole hinatas sisters eyes and wants hinata make him a scarf. apparently that purple orb that exploded told hinata about how pale dude has this weapon which is making the moon fall and how shes the only one who can destroy it cause shes a decendant of one of the rabbit god ladies sons, the other son is related to naruto and sausage. so she goes looking for it but when she find it she gets blindsided by pale dude and his puppets and then he captures her and proceddes to tear up the scarf she was making which was actually for naruto and not him and puts her under hypnosis.
cut to naruto who wakes up to shikamaru telling him that hes been out cold for days and teases him about how he was moaning hinatas name in his dream but naruto walks away saying nothing to mope about being NTRd. shikamaru then comes later to tell him to man the fuck him like the best friend he is and go talk to sakura whos exausted after using most of her not nen to heal him and lectures him about how he never really loved sakura and only liked her cause she liked Kurapika and wanted to beat him. so he mans the fuck up and they all procede to storm the wedding ceremony thats about to happen ala shrek 2. naruto breaks hinata out of her hypnosis and then they save her sister and then naruto asks to have the torn up scarf and how he loves it.
back on earth blackage is about to fire his lazer while back in konoha lee and some other guys cut the meteor currently falling onto the village, but half is still falling and then lincoln park shows up to blow it up with his chidori, it means a thousand birds cause it sounds like a thousand birds chirpping, and then goes away after a single line of dialouge.
back on the moon naruto and hinata go to blow up the giant death machine and save the day. hinata explains that only she can blow it up by shooting her not nen into it, but doesnt have enough, so naruto grabs her hand and tells her to sync up with her like they did in the ninja war and the basically do a love love sekiha tenkyoken and blow it up, stopping the moon. but as theyre escapring cuck shows up to kill them and uses his own special eyes to make the moon fall again, cue giant dbz fight on the surface of the moon, how can they breathe? reasons. then naruto punches him in the face once and beats him and then TNJs him and he decides to stay on the moon forever
so on their way back naruto talks to hinata as they skip hand in hand back to earth as the portal collapses around them, showing the memories they shared together. naruto basically proposes saying that "you remember the assignment iruka gave us, about who wed wanna spend the end of the world with? well i had no family or friends but now i can without a doubt say i wanna spend the rest of my life until i die with you hinata. then naruto picks her up bridal style and shoots a kamehameha underneath them to shoot them out of the cave and blow up the roof, and as theyre floating in the sky in front of the full moon they kiss.
cue credits showing the naruto and hinata wedding with everyone except shadow the hedgehog showing up. then a post credits scene of naruto and hinata having a snowball fight with their children in the background as the camera shows the wedding photo along with photos of their kids as new borns.
THE END.

Reading back on that post reminds me that my father can't accept that anything might partially be his fault. Our neighbor calls child services on us. Could it be because you tried to get her drug addict son to sell some of your pain meds? Nope, she's a spiteful bitch, that's the only reason. What a load of shit.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Reading back on that post reminds me that my father can't accept that anything might partially be his fault. Our neighbor calls child services on us. Could it be because you tried to get her drug addict son to sell some of your pain meds? Nope, she's a spiteful bitch, that's the only reason. What a load of shit.
Is there anyone you could move in with? Or any job you could take that would give you the means to live on your own?

sjay1994

Is their anyone in your family that you can go live with?

Let's go Ronda!
I want Cat to win but I sure as hell don't think she will.
Did you see that bullshit that jut happened? That guy was clearly unconscious for way too long. I don't know what the hell the red was doing.
Here's my theory, choices in these types of games don't mean shit. Especially in LiS because you can just rewind time.
That is the one I'm strongly leaning toward but they set up
the security guard
as a potential guy who would do that.

I hope LiS turns into some crazy, out of control plot/story like Twin Peaks/Deadly Premonition. Just goes completely off the rails. Pulls everyone in with this simple story, then kicks them right in the balls.

Is there anyone you could move in with? Or any job you could take that would give you the means to live on your own?
No, the only family close enough that isn't too far away where i'll have to switch schools already have enough kids to provide for and bills to pay. It would be too hard on them. I'm still looking for a steady job, with no success yet. I do some odd jobs with some friends to make pocket money, but it's not enough to head out on my own. I'm going to keep job hunting, and not too long from now i'll be heading to college, so i'll just need to hold out a bit longer. Just over a year left.

Zenfalcia

It makes me so blue?
Run through this game before my body is dry?
No, the only family close enough that isn't too far away where i'll have to switch schools already have enough kids to provide for and bills to pay. It would be too hard on them. I'm still looking for a steady job, with no success yet. I do some odd jobs with some friends to make pocket money, but it's not enough to head out on my own. I'm going to keep job hunting, and not too long from now i'll be heading to college, so i'll just need to hold out a bit longer. Just over a year left.
Just go for it!
guess i wrote that plot summary for nothing ;-;
It's fine.

You mean he
kidnapped Rachel?
Makes sense. I hope that's not it, though. It's too obvious.
Maybe, but I was saying that he probably
sold you out to Nathan if you don't tell the principle about the incident
. He seems like the asshole who is desperate for money and would work with the people who own the town for his own benefit.

Xiraiya

So Pat and Woolie in Parasite Eve are like "Can you believe they cancelled the Bleach Anime" and I'm like thinking "What the hell are you on about, the anime went off the air over a year ago"
Then Beloved informed me they're talking about the Dub and I'm just like "That may as well have not even existed in the first place"

I didn't even think anyone gave the dub any consideration, I watched it once and heard Yoruichi pronounced as "Yololuigi" and was immediately done with that.

I want Cat to win but I sure as hell don't think she will.
Did you see that bullshit that jut happened? That guy was clearly unconscious for way too long. I don't know what the hell the red was doing.

Yeah when everyone except the ref can see the guy is outz it's like....HELLO?!

Top Bottom