• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Can't pay the pizza man with debit though

Don't most pizza places just let you give your card number over the phone? You can even put the tip on there too.

But I guess if you're kind of paranoid about saying your number over the phone then that's different. Even if you're not giving the security number.

sjay1994

I think something in my brain snapped. I feel really unstable now.

I also have the dumbest midterm to do, and its any time from Monday to Sunday.

Not oldies, no. Just dad rock, which is arguably worse. Oldies is shit from the rock n roll era. Stuff like elvis.

I always thought each generation of music would just go up in rank.

90's and 80's go to classic rock, 70s/60's go to oldies etc etc.

Go sleep man, sounds like you need it.

360pages

Same, I am a week behind on math due to a test. And I should be studying it, but really I don't get a lot of it, and it's frustrating me.

I'll start working on it at midnight.

alright, alright your right let me just get some money out so I can pay back those crdit cards
Empty-Wallet.gif

and let me just magically have the credit to be accepted.

That's why I'm surprised your parents didn't teach you about financial tools.

Debit card for life
Until someone steals my shit and I have no money

I use my debit card for almost everything but you need to build credit somehow. Also I hate carrying cash on my so it makes things like paying for parking easy.

Use a credit card. Someone steals your debit card information… they have carte blanche to your bank account.

Debit cards do not have fraud protection like a credit card does.

Use a credit card. Someone steals your debit card information… they have carte blanche to your bank account.

That's why you'd open a savings account and put most of your money in there. So even if someone does steal your debt information you wouldn't be completely fucked.

Plus, setting alerts to your bank on your account where you can't withdraw much money without alerts and verification.

You mean the financial tools that they never used? Again you make it sound like its my fault or my parents fault when theres no way for me to have a credit card, ive never bought anything worth more than 50 bucks, I had a class in high school that taught me about credit cards but again ive never been able to get one.
You make it sound like its easy to get a credit card, its not.

It is an old sentiment at this point but schools really need to start having a mandatory financial basics course that goes over things like this. I've always been good with my money but there is a lot of things that my parents simply did not know and had to find out on my own.

It is an old sentiment at this point but schools really need to start having a mandatory financial basics course that goes over things like this. I've always been good with my money but there is a lot of things that my parents simply did not know and had to find out on my own.

No because you're never gonna need to know about taxes/mortgages/credit cards in your life, but everyone is gonna do chemistry in the future so that's mandatory.

Outside of basic math, I don't think I've learned a single thing in high school that was actually relevant to my life.

You mean the financial tools that they never used? Again you make it sound like its my fault or my parents fault when theres no way for me to have a credit card, ive never bought anything worth more than 50 bucks, I had a class in high school that taught me about credit cards but again ive never been able to get one.
You make it sound like its easy to get a credit card, its not.

It's not easy but it's not difficult. Then again, I've been working since I was 15 so I have an established work history.

I don't trust myself with bills and stuff

Don't buy anything you can't pay with cash. Very straightforward, but you get benefits like 5% cash back.

That's why you'd open a savings account and put most of your money in there. So even if someone does steal your debt information you wouldn't be completely fucked.

Plus, setting alerts to your bank on your account where you can't withdraw much money without alerts and verification.

Most meaning?

I had one in High School. That class is what led me to my current degree.

Knowing this information is key to surviving in a modern world where credit scores are a necessity to access certain financial tools.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Just watched the first 8 episodes of Gurren Lagann. Goddamn this show is still amazing. Fourth time watching it and I'm going to stop now because I wanna watch Hyouka and YLiA doesn't have a new episode for a while.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I used to like it, and I used to fucking ADORE Videogame OSTs over it.

I think hearing the same song on the same radio station my entire life got old when I was like... 10.

Yo Hampster Dance on Radio Disney was my fucking jam. I would shake the fucking carseat I was boppin my head so hard.

It's not easy but it's not difficult. Then again, I've been working since I was 15 so I have an established work history.
To you its not difficult but for someone like me whos never had a job in my life its very difficult when you cant even get a credit card. Its like telling someone to to play golf when they cant even get a golf club.

Most meaning?

Different for each person. Enough so you can still withdraw from your checkings when you'd need to pay off stuff without needing to go through hoops and pay fees to get money out of the savings accounts.

I'm just saying there's a lot more security on debt cards than there used to be. At least with Chase.

That was not something I was aware of. I'll definitely keep that in mind.
No because you're never gonna need to know about taxes/mortgages/credit cards in your life, but everyone is gonna do chemistry in the future so that's mandatory.

Outside of basic math, I don't think I've learned a single thing in high school that was actually relevant to my life.

I've actually had to use trig because it comes up when you are calculating things like Power losses and various other things as an electrician but they have been pretty rare.

Different for each person. Enough so you can still withdraw from your checkings when you'd need to pay off stuff without needing to go through hoops and pay fees to get money out of the savings accounts.

I'm just saying there's a lot more security on debt cards than there used to be. At least with Chase.

USAA has great fraud detection, but you either have to be in the Military, or have a military parent or guardian to get them.

Also, my debit card doubles as a credit card. It's awesome.

Top Bottom