• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

I've been working at a grocery store for 5 years. I hate it. its the worst.

I ended up quitting because of the circumstances I was put in by my co-workers. I think I told that story here in a past OT, long story short the staff abused the fact that I was on 30 days before getting union benefits and took a lot of "smoke breaks" leaving all the work for me.

No I understand that but taco saying that im not trying at all is whats pissing me off.

Look, i'm just saying you could be doing more than just dropping off an application and hoping for the best. Everyone does that. The people who call after that are the ones who the managers are going to look at more.

360pages

Getting a Job and working is a hell a lot easier than school most of the time. I really should study soon, I NEED to finish this test this week, by Thursday and then I need to catch up with 2 chapters before I take another test.

No but i have no idea how to call them and ask, do I just call and ask "oh may I talk with the manager?" Or something like that?

No man, just take a few minutes to sit down and call a few places you applied to, it should go something like this.

You: Hello, I sent in an application for -insert job name here- 2 days ago and I was wondering if you had a chance to look over it/
Employer: Not yet, I've been quite a few applications, but I'll look over it as soon as possible! I'll mark down that you inquired about it as well. (That's what you want to hear)
You: Okay, thank you, have a good day.
Employer: You too.

He isn't saying you are not trying, he is saying there is more you can be doing.

Sushi's description of the call is pretty spot on. Talk to a manager or a HR person if they have one.
I dunno comparing me to the protagonist of freddy got fingered seems a bit like hes saying im not trying at all.
Especially since people have gotten jobs without doing that.

I came here to have a waifu war, not talk about finance! You all disgust me.

542b0c7bd5d12.png

I dunno comparing me to the protagonist of freddy got fingered seems a bit like hes saying im not trying at all.
Especially since people have gotten jobs without doing that.
If anyone ever compares you to a Tom Green character just take it as as much of a joke as Tom Green himself is.

All right, you know what? Fuck this, I'm not accepting this. I'm not going to re-do an entire fucking year just because of attendance issues. Gonna dedicate the majority of my free time into my studies and shove that shit into the exam committee's face.

Gonna see whether I can take this higher up. I'm sick of this shit.

Hell yeah! Fuck the system!
Impossible. My mega milk senses would of started to tingle.

Okay now, even that gif creeps me out
It damaged my soul.

It worries me that you knew exactly what I was talking about.

All right, you know what? Fuck this, I'm not accepting this. I'm not going to re-do an entire fucking year just because of attendance issues. Gonna dedicate the majority of my free time into my studies and shove that shit into the exam committee's face.

Gonna see whether I can take this higher up. I'm sick of this shit. I might be showing up a bit less from now on, but I'll still visit and catch up when I can.

tumblr_nfie8pZyjP1qcyoilo1_1280.jpg

Gonna see whether I can take this higher up. I'm sick of this shit. I might be showing up a bit less from now on, but I'll still visit and catch up when I can.

Ban yourself!

Do what you gotta do.

Well I had to restart anyways. I lost the pegusus unit… -_-
Yeah then that may be a good idea.
Kellam was one of my best units aside from MC and before chapter 13-14, he is a big lose.
I like using Pegasus knights as well, even though they may be weak in many situations.

maybe try to play the game without permadeath. Chances are you are just going to save scum when you lose a unit anyway.

INB4 lul casual, I beat FE7 back in the day

Not...exactly. I have good enough grades, but might get held back a year due to certain issues. I can't afford that though and while I don't know what I can do to combat that decision, there has to be a way.

If your grades are good enough, and you explain your situation you should be fine as long as your school committee aren't soulless assholes.

Yeah then that may be a good idea.
Kellam was one of my best units aside from MC and before chapter 13-14, he is a big lose.
I like using Pegasus knights as well, even though they may be weak in many situations.

maybe try to play the game without permadeath. Chances are you are just going to save scum when you lose a unit anyway.

INB4 lul casual, I beat FE7 back in the day

If it doesn't affect the story and I don't miss anything major, I want to avoid save scumming as much as possible.

I'm going into FE fresh. I want to feel some feels after losing a very important unit.

I didn't find Kellam to be too good and he didn't stay in my party too long. You can easily manage without him.
You can, yeah, but he really is a powerhouse as the game goes on. I think he may have one of the highest str growth rates in the game. I could be wrong though.

Is there a possiblity that the committee's decision won't change?
Wish you the best of luck.

I'm not the one you need to justify yourself to, if it's a smart idea you believe in, then it doesn't need to be justified to anyone except yourself.

However, I personally don't think it's wise.

Well wise man say: "Forgiveness is divine, but never pay pull price for late pizza!"
7kY8Vvb.jpg

PSN Darealgummy

Top Bottom