• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

If they're used smartly in the world it's fine.

The word loses meaning now too, it can mean cliched, unlikeable, poorly written, idealized, self-insert, power fantasy...

You can do them right though. Usually by making them fun to watch or easygoing. Most protagonists edge up on Mary Sue anyway.
A character is all about execution rather than traits.

Tendou Souji from KR Kabuto is the smuggest, always rightest, never does anything wrong motherfucker I've ever seen.

But he carries himself in such a good way and in spite of it the world doesn't just bend to his whim where I can enjoy every bit of him despite the fact that the chances of him having a personal flaw are close to negative.
Ah. execution. alright. KR Kabuto is still on my list of KR shows I need to watch... I should really burn through them during my spring break.

This should be the MGSV boxart

B_at_M9VEAEGZI1.jpg

He is Jojo poseing

O MY GOD I just realized a fun way to playthrough MGS3. It can be Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 2.5.

SHUT UP I DON"T CARE IF IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

Jman014

I'm fairly certain that I'm a cool guy.
I imagine you'd get the best scores out of this game with all that dancing you do
B_lfH4TXEAAS7Nv.png

Are you 4?

Hey Alf did you see all the cosplayers, art, and big line at the Avatar Gallery Nucleus thing? It's ossum.

Here's the tumblr link to some photos

And more on the official facebook page

And here are more pieces of art that's being shown there from the Nickelodeon site

Ok so this is really weird, it says my 48 hour thing was supposed to end yesterday but I still have it...

Shh just go with it

ultimax

It's the best come watch it.

I got it for Christmas because I forced my friends to watch it, it's great.
i wont lie, i kinda like it but its still pretty dumb
You guys are gonna watch it in instasynch? I mean i dont have anything better to do that day so i'd be down
No question I go with the one with Caim on it. Zero is great on the other side, but fucking Caim is the coolest fucker, even if Nowe and worse Nier are on it too.

aww man, im super disappointed its the dumb Replicant version and not the factually superior Gestalt version

I imagine you'd get the best scores out of this game with all that dancing you do

I actually do kick ass at dance central. DDR, though, blegh. I'm the absolute worst.

Speaking of which, favorite DDR songs, go!

If it ain't Butterfly, Boom Boom Dollar or Love Shine, get it the fuck outta my sight.

i wont lie, i kinda like it but its still pretty dumb
You guys are gonna watch it in instasynch? I mean i dont have anything better to do that day so i'd be down
The dumbness is the best.

And people want to do it, so it's just a matter of trying to upload it or maybe streaming it? I'unno

I actually do kick ass at dance central. DDR, though, blegh. I'm the absolute worst.

Speaking of which, favorite DDR songs, go!

If it ain't Butterfly, Boom Boom Dollar or Love Shine, get it the fuck outta my sight.
Butterfly, Boom Boom Dollar, B4U, Drop the Bomb, Dynamite Rave, Break Down, Koko Soko, Witch Doctor, Captain Jack, Golden Sky, Flashdance, Cartoon Heroes, Dam Dariram.
There's probably more that I'm missing, but that's off the top of my head.

I am a fucking fiend for Bemani music.

I like Brother Nier just fine, he fits in better with the overall aesthetic and character designs better than Barbarian Nick Nolty does.

aww man, im super disappointed its the dumb Replicant version and not the factually superior Gestalt version
I have to agree with Abubeats here. Gestalt Nier is way better, even if Replicant fits more with the younger appearance like the other Drakengard MCs, Replicant's design is just bad in comparison to all the other characters.

But fuck Nowe tho.

I have to agree with Abubeats here. Gestalt Nier is way better, even if Replicant fits more with the younger appearance like the other Drakengard MCs, Replicant's design is just bad in comparison to all the other characters.

But fuck Nowe tho.
Between the change in design during the timeskip, and the extra details given in Grimoire Nier, I still disagree. They both give different contexts to the story though, but they're both as effective.

And it's good we can all agree on the constant that is fuck Nowe.

Who is everyones favourite Developer?
Kamiya, hands down.

Following that, in any random order, there's Itagaki, Suda, and Yoko Taro.

But how can I realize my fantasy of playing as Big Papa Lu Bu otherwise?
Play Lu Bu's campaign in DW8XL.

Picking one developer is fucking impossible for me when I have a respect for a ton of them.

You have popular developers (among GAF) like Kamiya, Kojima, Mikami, and Miyazaki.

But other developers I adore are Yoko Taro, Takahashi, and Uchikoshi.

And those are just the Japanese developers.

Numb

That live action movie is pretty bad.

Then again all anime live action movies are pretty bad.

I just treated it like a comedy with all the fart Ki blasts and the super slowmo sweat scenes for no reason.
Was rolling on the floor.
But the last airbender on the other hand i could not handle

Butterfly, Boom Boom Dollar, B4U, Drop the Bomb, Dynamite Rave, Break Down, Koko Soko, Witch Doctor, Captain Jack, Golden Sky, Flashdance, Cartoon Heroes, Dam Dariram.
There's probably more that I'm missing, but that's off the top of my head.

I am a fucking fiend for Bemani music.

Those are literally all the best DDR songs.

I'm not generally focused on developers, but Itsuno, Miyamoto, Sakurai, Valve(? the Portal 1 team), and Miyazaki...

Probably Miyazaki or Itsuno are my favorites?

ALSO THIS DRAKENGARD TALK I'M READING THE LP OF 1 RIGHT NOW DAMN IT'S GOOD

beinfilms

Kojima is god!

Seriously, though, I adore everything that Hideo Kojima has made (that I've played, at least). As far as I can tell, that man can't make a genuinely bad game. Also, he's kind of a huge troll, which is great.

Edit: I'm also going to add Sid Meier as my favorite single western developer, and Naughty Dog and Bioware as my favorite studios.

I'm not generally focused on developers, but Itsuno, Miyamoto, Sakurai, Valve(? the Portal 1 team), and Miyazaki...

Would've preferred you played it because then you're gonna miss out on that magical OST. But its fine considering like every single console you own now is broken...

But his LP's are second best way to experience that game. Its an interesting perspective on the typical LP which is usually someone talking over a video, but this is pretty effective as well. I'd still recommend watching the cutscenes when you can though because some really need the animation/voice acting to really show its "what the fuck" factor.

Those are literally all the best DDR songs.
It always warms my heart when our tastes line up on something.

RecursiveFault's status: Loving this shit!

My favorite game developer is Will Wright.

Yes I'm a Maxis nerd. I love Sim City 2000 and 3000, Sim Town, and the Sims. I also liked/tolerated Spore.

Would've preferred you played it because then you're gonna miss out on that magical OST. But its fine considering like every single console you own now is broken...
;_;
But his LP's are second best way to experience that game. Its an interesting perspective on the typical LP which is usually someone talking over a video, but this is pretty effective as well. I'd still recommend watching the cutscenes when you can though because some really need the animation/voice acting to really show its "what the fuck" factor.
He has video clips of a lot of the scenes, I've been watching them. Reading a game as a book is super different.
RecursiveFault's status: Loving this shit!
I thought the commentary was a bit too snarky, but I started really liking it. Fits the game kinda.

Alfebit

Banned
I don't think I could choose. Kamiya, Kojima, Suda, Miyazaki, and Itsuno are some of my favorites.
Takaki da god tho.

Oh I feel like a piece of shit for forgetting Suda, Team Silent, Team ICO, and SWERY off the top of my head.

I'm really curious how Kojima will handle Silent Hills, too. I don't like stealth games, but I love everything around it in MGS.

Alfebit

Banned
Oh I feel like a piece of shit for forgetting Suda, Team Silent, Team ICO, and SWERY off the top of my head.

I'm really curious how Kojima will handle Silent Hills, too. I don't like stealth games, but I love everything around it in MGS.

FUCK, I forgot Swery as well. I'm a shit.

Top Bottom