• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Numb

Monster Hunter is just a constant thing for me. I played 3U over a loooooong time. Like, over a year, occasionally.

I am not used to this sort of crack in my system.
If it was constant i could handle it but playing only it is messing with me too much.
I even completely forgot i was in the middle of SMT IV before it until a friend reminded me yesterday

Man watching Magic Kaito really makes me want to see how they use the tropes of phantom thiefs in P5. Detective Conan vs Kaito Kid's detective vs phantom thief rivalry trope is so good.

Ilvocare

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

WHAT THE FUCK

2teSVMJ.jpg

HOW DOES THIS EVEN MAKE SENSE

I got the thing for 100%'ing Story Mode but the game refuses to tell me I did all the things!

w h y

What is your idea JOJO game?

ArcSys fighter as the obvious answer.

Second choice would be pixel art side-scrolling 4-player beat 'em up covering the first three arcs with Anamanaguchi covers of the soundtracks from each arc.

Phantom Blood Characters: Johnathan. Zeppeli. Speedwagon. Straits or something.

Battle Tendency Characters: Joseph. Ceaser. Lisa Lisa. Stroheim.

Stardust Crusader's Characters: Duh.

Skrams

Late, but

I had no expectations for either game. I thought they would both be like 6.5s. I found the first 2 hours of korra to be extremely dull with water bending and earth bending feeling extremely limp. Fire was the only ability I liked and I had hope that the game would redeem itself in the end but than I got air bending and I realized how laughable OP that shit was and didn't use anything else unless the game made me. Overall I'd give korra like 4 .

That's kind of an expectation. If you found Korra dull then I just don't know how you could find Marlow any better. It's just another action game that's longer, less diverse, less combat depth, and a more nothing story. I'd just give it a 6 because of it's first playthrough taking too long to give you your powers and Marlow sits at like a 5? It's really nothing, so I don't even know how to judge it. I think parrying helped carry the game for myself for those beginning bits. I can't remember Marlow have anything worth caring about. It was typical God of War weapons and typical XXXY. The only thing I can remember being neat was you could semi cancel moves with the block. It wasn't 100% though and sometimes just didn't work. Korra just has way more going on even if it doesn't hand it all to you on a plate immediately.

Eh...I think the problem is, a game SHOULD be at least fun on the first time though. Even if DMC games you still get late game stuff, there is enough there to keep you interested though the majority of your first playthough.

Honestly the first three stages of Korra have no reason being as bad as they were.

I'd agree. Most bigger character action games give you enough tools to be more interested during a first playthrough. DMC3's Rebellion has a better moveset at the beginning of the game compared to the waterbending of Korra. It also doesn't take as long to get Cerberus compared to Earthbending which then adds a lot more. Reusing the same excuses everyone does for it, but I just chalk it up to a low budget, small development time, and them trying to artificially lengthen the game so it isn't 2 hours for $15. They probably should of just gone with 2 hours anyway, but just tried to make the best 2 hours they could of instead of extending it to 4-5 by just spacing out the powers more. Then they could of done other artificial lengthening by adding another difficulty and switching up the enemy waves like other character action games. Only having Extreme after Normal was a bit lame. Pro Bending Mode isn't much of anything either. Needed more Bloody Palace.

Korra was a neat testing of the waters for cheap character actions with depth, but that was kind of it. I'm glad the game exists because I want more things like this from Platinum and hopefully they can learn from their mistakes here. Also more work for them is always good.

I'm ready for the summer.

Unrelated question.

What is your idea JOJO game?

Just recently heard about a fan game that already exists where you're an extra companion in the journey of Part 3. There's a time limit and you have to complete Part 3 as fast as you can. It's an RPG and has a lot of weird varied paths, secrets, and different endings. The only problem is I have forgotten the name of the game. It sounded pretty good when I was told about it though.

Now for my own ideal JoJo game? I think Eyes of Heaven sounds like the right idea, but besides that, then I'd probably like to see a character action game where I can do sick Jotaro punches and then keep a juggle going with Star Platinum. That doesn't fit with the way JoJo works, but fuck it.

Found the fan game.

Village

ArcSys fighter as the obvious answer.

Second choice would be pixel art side-scrolling 4-player beat 'em up covering the first three arcs with Anamanaguchi covers of the soundtracks from each arc.

Phantom Blood Characters: Johnathan. Zeppeli. Speedwagon. Straits or something.

Battle Tendency Characters: Joseph. Ceaser. Lisa Lisa. Stroheim.

Stardust Crusader's Characters: Duh.

I also thought of a beat em up.

My ideal game is just persona... but with jojo characters. Thats it.

Village

Stardust in particular is virtually made for it.

Persona Arena or just regular Persona?

Either one, it works. Through probably arena because the regular one requires you to make decisions so going against canon might be a nono. Unless for this hypothetical game the mangaka just makes a story up. So then you could do whatever you wanted.

sjay1994

God fucking damnit

I tried to sleep.... I really did, thinking "oh its 12 and I feel tired, maybe I can fix my sleep schedule"

Nope.... was in bed for 4 hours wide awake......

Fuck it, I am pulling the all nighter.

Going to play evolve, study for a midterm later, then go to my 3:30 pm class.

You guys will have to help me mantain my sanity.

Jamie OD

I've never seen Firefly.

It's probably something I would have liked if I saw it within a few years of its cancellation. But when I finally watched it in 2014 I thought it was just bland. But hey, if you've got a day to waste you could find worse shows to marathon through.

SteveTR

It's probably something I would have liked if I saw it within a few years of its cancellation. But when I finally watched it in 2014 I thought it was just bland. But hey, if you've got a day to waste you could find worse shows to marathon through.

That's the problem with watching movies/TV shows decades after they came out. What was fresh when it came out seems old and tired after a while. You've seen certain scenes so many times that they just seem boring in the original work.

Trust me, I intend to marathon many animes that I am certain are worse.

Cross Ange is totally in a day.

That's the problem with watching movies/TV shows decades after they came out. What was fresh when it came out seems old and tired after a while. You've seen certain scenes so many times that they just seem boring in the original work.
..... I hope I don't get that when I finally do marathon Twin Peaks...

SteveTR

I never got the appeal of MLP.

I even gave it a fair chance.

I was a die-hard fan of that show some two years ago. Looking back, I can see that it's not as amazing as I thought. It's a bit overrated.

It's still a good show, though. Don't get me wrong.

Twin Peaks is so unlike anything else.

ENwukyN.png

Neither did I. I thought the first two episodes were pretty legit, then people got really annoyed that I said that, so I watched more and talked about how it was the greatest shit ever, even though I only watched a bit because it just struck me as another kids show and that ain't for me.

Oh, no. Twin Peaks is so unlike anything else that it's not even possible.

Twin Peaks is actually what I had in mind when I was typing that.
Damn I'm really hyped for it now.

I thought it was well written along with the cool references to things like the monorail episode of the Simpsons. I stopped watching ever since the insane change in the status quo.
Hello everyone. What's happend in the past 4 days?
Welcome back man. Uhhhh we got a new junior. There is a lets watch for Face Off this friday.

Neol

Planning to do a Twin Peak Marathon next week as well.

I'm pretty excited. Hopefully its not TOO much like Deadly Prem.

Skrams

I always assumed it was along the same lines of the people who like cute girls doing cute things anime. Except for this it's ponies and then sometimes you put the pony in a jar of cum. Then you accidentally leave it on a radiator and you heat it to death.

SteveTR

Planning to do a Twin Peak Marathon next week as well.

I'm pretty excited. Hopefully its not TOO much like Deadly Prem.

See, that's the thing. When you're watching the show, you will be able to connect certain aspects of the show with Deadly Premonition. However, I always felt like Deadly Premonition nailed the tone of Twin Peaks, more than anything.

Also, Deadly Premonition used to be even more similar to Twin Peaks. It was called Rainy Woods initially. Then people got mad and they had to change it. When you watch the show, you'll be able to understand why:

136136939788.jpg

Top Bottom