• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

demidar

Welcome back man. Uhhhh we got a new junior. There is a lets watch for Face Off this friday.

Zen2 was it? I think I saw him before I went.

Face Off huh. I'll try and catch it if I got the time.

I moved while sick. I died. Then a woke up 18 hours later, still sick, having to put away all that stuff.

Oh, and One Punch Man is getting an anime animated by sunrise.

No anime can do justice to OPM.

Edit: That reminds me. I gotta catch up on Log Horizon and JoJo.

Neol

See, that's the thing. When you're watching the show, you will be able to connect certain aspects of the show with Deadly Premonition. However, I always felt like Deadly Premonition nailed the tone of Twin Peaks, more than anything.

That's good. As long as its not a total ripoff.

Zen2 was it? I think I saw him before I went.

Face Off huh. I'll try and catch it if I got the time.

No anime can do justice to OPM.

Edit: That reminds me. I gotta catch up on Log Horizon and JoJo.

I really hope the OPM anime can nail that same feeling as the manga. It seems really hard to do but I think its doable.

sjay1994

I was a die-hard fan of that show some two years ago. Looking back, I can see that it's not as amazing as I thought. It's a bit overrated.

It's still a good show, though. Don't get me wrong.

I remember at the smash 4 preview event a guy I was talking to told me it was as good as BTAS...

My response:

giphy.gif

sjay1994

I always assumed it was along the same lines of the people who like cute girls doing cute things anime. Except for this it's ponies and then sometimes you put the pony in a jar of cum. Then you accidentally leave it on a radiator and you heat it to death.

....wait wut?

SteveTR

I remember at the smash 4 preview event a guy I was talking to told me it was as good as BTAS...

My response:

giphy.gif

It's been a while since I last saw that show, so I can't compare the two. I can see MLP becoming a classic in the future, though. You know, the same way Jem is considered a classic.

SteveTR

I always assumed it was along the same lines of the people who like cute girls doing cute things anime. Except for this it's ponies and then sometimes you put the pony in a jar of cum. Then you accidentally leave it on a radiator and you heat it to death.

Oh my god. That did happen, didn't it? I totally forgot about that.

Oh I feel like a piece of shit for forgetting Suda, Team Silent, Team ICO, and SWERY off the top of my head.

I'm really curious how Kojima will handle Silent Hills, too. I don't like stealth games, but I love everything around it in MGS.

LTTP, but, aside from the usual suspects [Kojima, Kamiya, Miyazaki, Miyamoto, ect],
right now I'm all on Arc Sys' collective dick. Both Persona's, Xrd, Uniel. It's debatable their level of influence, but their name's on all of them, and I like all of it.
Anything Arc Sys touches, I've gotta see it, from now on.

SteveTR

BTAS and Beyond are among the very few shows that I rewatch

Come to think of it, it might not have even been BTAS. I definitely watched a Batman show when I was a kid, though.

Speaking of old shows based on established franchises, do you guys remember the Robocop cartoon? 'Cause I do. It was super surreal.

sjay1994

Come to think of it, it might not have even been BTAS. I definitely watched a Batman show when I was a kid, though.

Speaking of old shows based on established franchises, do you guys remember the Robocop cartoon? 'Cause I do. It was super surreal.

No. I only saw the original robocop 2 years ago.

Been a fan of the Zaibatsu for a long time and just learned about this thread after getting my account approved. So this is basically a hole in the earth where TBFP fans talk about dumb stuff? Sounds great, I love it!

Been a fan of the Zaibatsu for a long time and just learned about this thread after getting my account approved. So this is basically a hole in the earth where TBFP fans talk about dumb stuff? Sounds great, I love it!

Welcome!

Don't wanna scare you off or anything, but fair warning, the Zaibatsu is rather uncommon among the topics usually discussed here. We're mainly just a community with that shared interest.

Welcome!

Don't wanna scare you off or anything, but fair warning, the Zaibatsu is rather uncommon among the topics usually discussed here. We're mainly just a community with that shared interest.

Eh, that's fine. I guess it matches the off-topic nature of their LP commentary. Nothing wrong with that!

Emouse

Welcome welcome

Welcome!

No shut up tho we're super on topic all the time

mrmyhthef

Welcome to the Super Best Friends thread.
yourehereforever.jpg yadda yadda
Rise. Marie's a close second, but her Pathos hurt my soul.

Well you got one thing right about Marie at least.

Top Bottom