• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

My racist, homophobic conservative dad at least loves Zelda. He buys every Nintendo system literally just to play Zelda.

Too bad about that whole disowning me if I was gay thing... Thinking about that now, probably not a good idea to tell him about the whole bi thing.

Last game my mom played was Crash Bandicoot 1, after that she said the controller had too many buttons, even though they never increased after that with the exception of the white and black buttons on OG xbox.
Had a biscuit myself. A REAL BISCUIT NOT STUPID AUSTRALIAN BISCUITS.

I might be up for that if you mean an online thing. Never seen it and the joke is too good to pass up.

If it ever got a PC release I'd definitely hop on it. The fact that Ultimax and Xrd aren't on PC is one of the main reasons I haven't booted them up much. Consoles are such a hassle sometimes.
I don't wanna bother with consoles..there aren't enough games that I want to play on them to merit myself spending $400 for one plus online and everything.

Elphelt seems like fun, I might try out Slayer? I don't want to play as most of the cast even though I like almost eveyone
Maybe, I might give ol Bedman a try too.

They are a waste. For all 100 hours of playtime I've spent on MH4U, all I could think was "I could be oppressing the minorities with my time and money instead. Thanks, Obama"

Not that level of racism, just the oh..black people..black people are as smart etc etc mexicans are dirty etc etc. You get the idea...it's like being around radiation for too long, you start to get sick.

sjay1994

It is fun. But all that dlc, why did they do this to a game made by former valve guys?

The game was in development hell for a long time. THQ went bankrupt, the dev team is really small.

Honestly, the aggressive monetization killed the game, as it scared off a lot of people.

Evolve is a fun game, but its a terrible product.

Emouse

My mum has her own DS and really enjoys the Layton games and other puzzle style stuff, she takes it with her when she goes on trips and stuff, same with my aunt, it's kinda funny actually

My mum likes video games. She's still kinda mad that Spyro games went to shit after the PS1.

My mom loves Super Monkey Ball and Mario Kart. Those are the two she'll actually sit down and play with the family.

She also entered a local SSB Brawl launch tournament as Jigglypuff and made it to the second round somehow.

That's about it.

They are a waste. For all 100 hours of playtime I've spent on MH4U, all I could think was "I could be oppressing the minorities with my time and money instead. Thanks, Obama"

The argument of "video games are a waste of time" has no fucking weight at all. I always counter with "Then you should stop going to the movie or stop listening to music, they're wastes of time!"

image.php

The argument of "video games are a waste of time" has no fucking weight at all. I always counter with "Then you should stop going to the movie or stop listening to music, they're wastes of time!"

Everything not directly related to living is a waste of time and money. Then when you start going down that road you realize all of life is focused around getting to death, so you might as well end it all there and you get super depressed because life is pointless. Then you remember fuck that shit and just do what makes you happy.

I'd rather play videogames and watch anime than watch Duck Dynasty and Big Bang Theory. Personally.

Everything not directly related to living is a waste of time and money. Then when you start going down that road you realize all of life is focused around getting to death, so you might as well end it all there and you get super depressed because life is pointless. Then you remember fuck that shit and just do what makes you happy.

I'd rather play videogames and watch anime than watch Duck Dynasty and Big Bang Theory. Personally.

Basically, she shuts the fuck up around me because she can't hold an argument for shit and I put her ass on blast.

My parents like Tetris.

It's a chore to get them to even attempt to play anything. I've tried to get my dad into The Last of Us and NBA 2K, but he can't get the coordination down.

They both have plenty of fun with Wii games tho, which is why I'm pro motion controller.

I haven't seen an episode of Duck Dynasty. I should, just to see why it's so damn popular.

sjay1994

My parents like Tetris.

It's a chore to get them to even attempt to play anything. I've tried to get my dad into The Last of Us and NBA 2K, but he can't get the coordination down.

They both have plenty of fun with Wii games tho, which is why I'm pro motion controller.

My parents don't care for video games. Some times they watch me play, and question why.

My uncle and aunt can play games up to the SNES, but anything further, they can't coordinate.

My parents like Tetris.

NBA 2k is just timing, and knowing how to run next to whoever is covering your teammate with the ball and giving them a screen.

Basically, she shuts the fuck up around me because she can't hold an argument for shit and I put her ass on blast.

That's basically how I am with my mom when she starts on social issues. She's gotten better but she has a very old fashioned mindset and constantly harps on things like gender stuff. It gets old quick.

My parents like Tetris.

I haven't seen an episode of Duck Dynasty. I should, just to see why it's so damn popular.
There's an episode where they blow up a beaver damn with napalm and dynamite because it fucks up their duck hunting.
I'm not kidding.
That's basically how I am with my mom when she starts on social issues. She's gotten better but she has a very old fashioned mindset and constantly harps on things like gender stuff. It gets old quick.
Yup..my mom just said the other day if the world went back to the way it was in the 50's everything would be great.

My parents like Tetris.

My parents literally can't play anything that involves a controller or even more than just a mouse. Even something simple like Mario Kart is way too hard for them. The most I could get them into was getting my mom into Animal Crossing.

Do you like hunting? Do you like Jeff Foxworthy? Do you like veiled racism? Do you like veiled homophobia? Do you like pandering to the conservative and hyper religious crowd?

Then you'll love Duck Dynasty.

My parents don't care for video games. Some times they watch me play, and question why.

My uncle and aunt can play games up to the SNES, but anything further, they can't coordinate.

That has always been my gripe with videogames: people want to advance the art form, but refuse to help people adapt to more complex control schemes.

Giving someone a Dualshock or Xbox controller, considering they have not fully acclimated to the 3d control scheme, is not the way to get people into videogames. The entry point should be with NES/SNES.

Yup..my mom just said the other day if the world went back to the way it was in the 50's everything would be great.

I don't really care what she thinks about things, everyone's entitled to their opinion and all, but she essentially tells my nieces/her grand kids that they shouldn't try to be in a position of power because men are the world's leaders and women can't lead. That shit isn't something I can keep my mouth shut about.

I want Duck Dynasty Warriors

Lu Bu would be Mandingo.
I don't really care what she thinks about things, everyone's entitled to their opinion and all, but she essentially tells my nieces and her grand kids that they shouldn't try to be in a position of power because men are the world's leaders and women can't lead. That shit isn't something I can keep my mouth shut about.
My parents really don't do that, but they attempt to talk to me about the shit and then when I disagree they get all offended like I'm just supposed to blindly agree with them because that's what they think is right.

By miss the boat do you mean they didn't understand it? Or that they didn't play it?

They played it for a Machinima episode. The unfortunate thing about this is that it's no indicator of time as it's more rewarding on a fanservice level the further in you get

They did have fun with the alternate futures, though

croten

They played it for a Machinima episode. The unfortunate thing about this is that it's no indicator of time as it's more rewarding on a fanservice level the further in you get

They did have fun with the alternate futures, though

I just started it last night, it's a bit slow to get going but so far it's pretty fun. The parallel missions are cool.

Top Bottom