• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

They finished all of MGR by themselves after the first recording session. They then acted as if it was their first experience upon coming back for the rest of the recording.

They both played through Rising after their first recording session. Barkley is the best LP and Prison Break was great.

nojWx.gif

Super Best Frauds.
Two Best Frauds Faux Play.

DXr8r8T.gif

Skrams

Is the Prison Break LP long? If not, I might watch it today. It's time I watched some o fthe classic playthroughs.

11 Episodes. It's a fun watch.

fuckeverything.gif

Yep. It's a great thing to watch if you don't know that and with my ignorance at the time it seemed like they knew a little too much about the game. Matt confirmed it later on somethingawful and they might of talked about it elsewhere as well. After learning about it I'm kind of left with a sour taste in my mouth.

I'm seeing 8.5s. That's not bad
Not numbers, but what they criticize.
Spoilerz quote from a review
One character carries a gun that can be switched for a knife at any time. He can't pick up dropped weapons at all, and if he runs out of ammo he needs to restock at scarce ammo crates. This turns Hotline Miami 2 into an entirely different game—and a worse one. Imagine the frustration of facing down an enemy that can only be wounded with bullets while playing as a character who is out of ammo but isn't, for some reason, allowed to use the guns that are right there. That's Hotline Miami 2.

Prison Break is (after Deadly P) my favorite best friends LP.
I have never actually finished watching the Barkley Gaiden Lp, and I sometimes even forget that it exists
Did you not like Barkley? I would highly recommend rewatching what you have seen and then finish the parts you have not.

I don't think it had a chance to surpass the first game in my eyes. Hotline Miami is just one of those perfect storm types of games, and the sequel simply can't match it, because it is a sequel.
I love every minute of the first. Even the hosiptal level because it sends the overall message home.

You know, how are other places dealing with Pat's persona 3 thing. Are we the only one blowing this out of proportion or does reddit, twitter, Facebook and where ever else freaking out?

Okingjrr

Thread 16: Can You Believe These Frauds?
Not numbers, but what they criticize.
Spoilerz quote from a review
One character carries a gun that can be switched for a knife at any time. He can't pick up dropped weapons at all, and if he runs out of ammo he needs to restock at scarce ammo crates. This turns Hotline Miami 2 into an entirely different game—and a worse one. Imagine the frustration of facing down an enemy that can only be wounded with bullets while playing as a character who is out of ammo but isn't, for some reason, allowed to use the guns that are right there. That's Hotline Miami 2.
I'll try it out for myself.

Top Bottom