• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

When half life 3 eventually comes out I'm gonna have to tell a lot of people that.

5170645.gif

Skrams

You know, how are other places dealing with Pat's persona 3 thing. Are we the only one blowing this out of proportion or does reddit, twitter, Facebook and where ever else freaking out?

As much as reddit can after only 12 hours of the podcast being out while also being mostly short and simple posts. I'm also fanning the flames a bit over there.

Also insert "Vergil oh god my hype" here.

I also enjoy what JDLovesElliot said on the reddit.

"It's like when you see a movie and talk about it with your friend, but they've only read the summary on Wikipedia so it seems like they know what they're talking about."

Skrams

Biofreaks.

that is all

Still wondering if there's actual reasoning to the Scrublord design or if Max just couldn't think of anything good so he just threw everything on while attaching catbus to his arm. I would of liked something more thought out like turning into a DSP or something equally dumb.

Still wondering if there's actual reasoning to the Scrublord design or if Max just couldn't think of anything good so he just threw everything on while attaching catbus to his arm. I would of liked something more thought out like turning into a DSP or something equally dumb.

Its Liam's apron, Pat's love for the dreamcast controller, Matt's bandana and Woolie's shades all thrown together.

Ilvocare

Was the very first Fire Emblem game I got in to and one of the first Wii games I played at my cousin's house and I just love it. (Beat it 11 times and I still want to go back to it). I honestly don't know why I love it so much. I know a lot of fans really don't like it compared to other Fire Emblem games and say it's one of the most unbalanced game in the series, but I guess I just love how unbalanced it is. One thing I really didn't like about Awakening was the map and enemy unit layout. The enemy just seem to be dotted around evenly around the map while Radiant Dawn had better maps I feel. Like the end of part 1 where you had to climb up to the top for the boss. I also get an adrenaline rush in the harder chapters like the the 'defend for XX turns' chapters and the enemy throws everything they have at you and you really feel like you have to defend. It's also a Fire Emblem game where I'm proud of beating hard mode multiple times. There's more to while I like Radiant Dawn but I can't think of them right now.

That's fine, but honestly I can't imagine playing through RD without playing Path of Radiance. I think RD is a good sequel but by itself, as a standalone FE game, it's sorely lacking. It doesn't help matters that part of what makes the Dawn Brigade feel so tacked on is that there was backstory and additional information planned for them that never made it into the game proper.

Not to mention how anyone not named Edward or Nolan is guaranteed to be subpar due to the atrocious handling of availability.

The one I feel the worst about is Vika, though...

That's fine, but honestly I can't imagine playing through RD without playing Path of Radiance. I think RD is a good sequel but by itself, as a standalone FE game, it's sorely lacking. It doesn't help matters that part of what makes the Dawn Brigade feel so tacked on is that there was backstory and additional information planned for them that never made it into the game proper.

Not to mention how anyone not named Edward or Nolan is guaranteed to be subpar due to the atrocious handling of availability.

The one I feel the worst about is Vika, though...

Yea going through the first time I had a very very vague idea that this was a sequel and what was going on in it. The narrator and his luscious voice helped clear a few things. But from what I got from it the first time was fine. Daein is overrun by Begnion and a brigade group is fighting back. It's only later where younger me got confused.

Your talking about the people in the dawn brigade right? Yea most of them are pretty bad, I normally always use Nolan, Aran and Jill in the harder difficulties. They should have a availability stat hidden somewhere.
Vika had the potential to becoming a great unit but dam that availability. Why you gotta drag her down Tormod?!

image.php

smh Pat... even with all the praise for P3. I bet you can't even beat P2: Innocent Sin even though its a way shorter and easier game.
I actually got nearly burnt out at the last dungeon, but that ending is so god damn worth it.

Okay, I finally realised how goodwil disappeared.

It even checked post counts on older threads to try and find him. So I ended up checking for names I didn't recognise, and then it all became clear.

This is more complicated than Primer.

Top Bottom