• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

SteveTR

Bastard! Pat do you remember all the persona lies you've told?

4CKC2Dq.jpg

"Can you recall every loaf of bread you've had in your life?"

I love the fact that literally no-one else but us will understand this picture.

Skrams

Skrams

How do I get an email noticed on the podcast?

I send them an email question every couple of weeks or so and I never get mentioned.

Send them a good question.

Also it's just super random. Woolie also seems to only accept random things and only about 5 letters each week. It's kind of pathetic how short some recent letter times have been. Maybe I'm just imagining it, but they've felt less than 20 minutes each for the past few weeks.

Also guys, someone is calling me with an area code of 192. 192 is Japan. I don't know what I did. I should probably pick up the phone next time because I don't know.

Make the subject, "Notice me senpais"

Tried that, sadly.

Also it's just super random. Woolie also seems to only accept random things and only about 5 letters each week. It's kind of pathetic how short some recent letter times have been. Maybe I'm just imagining it, but they've felt less than 20 minutes each for the past few weeks.

Also guys, someone is calling me with an area code of 192. 192 is Japan. I don't know what I did. I should probably pick up the phone next time because I don't know.

Japan?

You're already dead.

Emouse

I'm actually pleased with the quality of Bishoujos.

When Sakura comes to Amazon, I'm all in, though. It looks fantastic.

I'm not a fan of the faces/proportions on the Juri and Chunners ones but that's just me, the Cammy one looks fine though, I'm really tempted to put in a pre-order for Sakura

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm not a fan of the faces/proportions on the Juri and Chunners ones but that's just me, the Cammy one looks fine though, I'm really tempted to put in a pre-order for Sakura

Sakura's probably the best looking Street Fighter bishoujo so far, but there are some really good Tekken, Marvel, and DC ones.

SteveTR

How do I get an email noticed on the podcast?

I send them an email question every couple of weeks or so and I never get mentioned.

If you need to ask, you never will.

In all seriousness, I've been trying to figure that out to no avail. My friend got in, though.

Agreed. At this point I wonder why they even take questions anymore. Unlike the bombcast where its usually super interesting, the mailtime is probably my least favorite part of the podcast except for the parts where they start talking about movies.

Ah. The Comics ones, outside of Wasp and She-Hulk, have been fantastic. The Tekken line isn't bad either.

For their price, they could be worse, tho.

Also, Koto's Batman is godly. It's too hueg tho.

;_;

One question I asked was: what you your favorite piece of lore that is established for yourself?

Another question: Woolie, How do you manage your time around training for tournaments? I work and when I come home I have to cook and prepare for the next day, so I'm pressed for time to train.

beinfilms

You guys, I don't know I've missed the discussion of this (I haven't been on thread all day), but I looked up the Australian gladiator shit they talked about on the podcast, (it's called Unified Weapons Masters) and if anything, I think it's even cooler than they made it sound. I'm so ready for this to be a thing!

Emouse

Sakura's probably the best looking Street Fighter bishoujo so far, but there are some really good Tekken, Marvel, and DC ones.

Ah. The Comics ones, outside of Wasp and She-Hulk, have been fantastic. The Tekken line isn't bad either.

For their price, they could be worse, tho.

Also, Koto's Batman is godly. It's too hueg tho.

Yeah yeah, the Marvel/DC ones are really good for the most part, some of the Tekken ones are pretty nice too, I'd kill to get my hands on the Spider-Woman or Femshep ones

croten

;_;

One question I asked was: what you your favorite piece of lore that is established for yourself?

Another question: Woolie, How do you manage your time around training for tournaments? I work and when I come home I have to cook and prepare for the next day, so I'm pressed for time to train.

That question was already asked, at least for Woolie lore

Oh man, I forgot about Aran, not only because "muh Nephenee" but also because I, like the idiot I am, tend to value high-offense and fragile units with considerable evasion rates over straight tanks.
Unless the best general managed to get some Boots slapped on him. Then war changes.
This methodology made playing through Awakening's Hard mode way more difficult than it needed to be until very recently.

And I was referring to brand-new introduced characters in the DB that did not originally appear in PoR. Zihark can stand toe-to-toe with Edward, it just depends on whether you want a bulkier or a speedier Trueblade.

Also that narrator is the best, fuck the haters who disagree. Without him I'd never have learned of "the LAGOOOS".

...The more I think about it, the more I realize RD would benefit from a remake that significantly restructures the structure and game flow of the game.

EDIT: Oh wait this is a Best Frauds thread, not an FE thread.
shhhhhhhhhh

I'm just really biased towards spear/lance users in any media. I really wish they bring back footed lance users in the new FE.
If your talking about the newer cast for the DB then most of them straight suck. Leonardo gets completely over shadowed by arguably the best archer in the series Shinon and I bet you don't even remember Meg. If there's one thing the DB needs is survivability, those Laguz can pretty much kill any DB units with 2 or 3 hits. Volug can actually stand his ground if it wasn't for that wildheart skill locked on to him throughout the whole of part 1.
I would be happy enough if they release the Tellius series on the virtual console.
Our love for FE can't be contained

Why not? Hell, just get Matt to do it since he hasn't appeared in any of the RPG videos. It doesnt take long to skim over 5 hours of an rpg in an FAQ and go "ok use the lightning character in the next dungeon and look for a chest with a cool sword in it" or " the FAQ says X is the first town that sells Sprint Shoes and its a mandatory accessory"

Late reply, but I like the idea of a third, unseen Friend acting like a striker or an assist in playthroughs.

A Barry isn't necessarily awful, but I don't think I'm a fan.

Think the ending to Xenoverse, only coherent and an endless stream of shit-talking as only Best Friends can do to each other

I should've specified that the Striker Friend only appears when the two people get stuck and need some direction rather than looking on the internet for themselves

Okingjrr

There were only 3 games prior. If you're talking about DmC, that was released afterwards.

Do you have either a 360 or a PS3 for the HD Collection?
I've already bought the hd collection on 360 and I have 4 on PC.
And I'm the guy who always says that I'm going to play DMC2 because it came before 3.

Ilvocare

I'm just really biased towards spear/lance users in any media. I really wish they bring back footed lance users in the new FE.
If your talking about the newer cast for the DB then most of them straight suck. Leonardo gets completely over shadowed by arguably the best archer in the series Shinon and I bet you don't even remember Meg. If there's one thing the DB needs is survivability, those Laguz can pretty much kill any DB units with 2 or 3 hits. Volug can actually stand his ground if it wasn't for that wildheart skill locked on to him throughout the whole of part 1.
I would be happy enough if they release the Tellius series on the virtual console.
Our love for FE can't be contained

I don't care how good Shinon is, my love for Rolf is like a truck.
Because he's a 10-year old who goes BESERRRRKERRRRR

The player Laguz in general are super-fucked in RD compared to to PoR because they all start at 0 now. Which makes the Laguz Lords that much more crazy.

I remember Meg too, if only for one of the worst writing decisions I've ever seen.
She falls in love with Zihark and it's implied they marry. Egh.

Now the real question is who remembers Fiona? Or Kyza and Lyre?

You know who I do remember? Heather, and how great she is. And how bullshit it is that you'll never be able to take full advantage of her as a Whisperer because
Sothe is forced on you at every point in the game.

Like say two of them get stuck on a puzzle, one of them takes out their phone and dials 1-888-SCRB-LRD like those hint line advertisements you used to see on game packages for the solution

Skrams

I've already bought the hd collection on 360 and I have 4 on PC.
And I'm the guy who always says that I'm going to play DMC2 because it came before 3.

It's only 3-4 hours long or something. It's easily doable even if you'll want to die. I did everything in that game too. All difficulties, all secret missions, 9999 floors of bloody palace, and everything. I'm not even sure if I'm even really alive at this point. You'll be fine with only one playthrough though.

Also I still support the idea of them having a person to get ahold of instead of a guide. Maybe not necessarily another person of the zaibatsu, but someone at least.

demidar

Not necessarily. It'd mean a stricter timeline and shorter videos, but not less overall content.

You can't say anything because none of us knows anything about their production pipeline besides vague generalities. Shit always looks simple and easy from the outside.

Top Bottom