• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

semisonic

Banned
I can probably go for some tomorrow. I gotta be so careful when approaching, Gord can clip me with anything and maybe get a combo off of it.
Oh I'll take you up on that.
Gotta do those Linne dittos.
God I think this might be the first game in forever that I actually learn the combos on.
Having fun, aaron?

That reach is too good. Hard to get in.

Fucking half that cast has full screen reach.
It's the worst.

I can probably go for some tomorrow. I gotta be so careful when approaching, Gord can clip me with anything and maybe get a combo off of it.

I actually just learned from our matches that I can't make 3C safe at any range it hits, I have to space it properly to use 22A afterwords. And yeah Gord can get a full combo off of mortal slide at most any range after the pull, I usually go 5C into mortal slide but I was straight up getting punished for throwing out 5C at all against you. Im glad though, need to work on my defence.

semisonic

Banned
You love it tho.

HNNNNG
It's okay, just make me sad I finally got a sick speed character and I've gotta get in on these fuckers who are always basically just mister fantastic.
Eww Hilda. Eww.

Also it brings me so much joy to come into the thread and just see all of the fanarts I posted last thread actually doing something besides making zed uncomfortable.

Even I had to get in on the new avatar hype.

GDamn, house of cards is sooo good. Just started season 3,
Stamper's survival felt like a retcon, but Kelly acting his damn balls off fixed that.
I am so eager to see more of this show!

semisonic

Banned
Buy me dinner first.
kcromartie_high_school_v012_016.jpg
Artist's rendering of Fault and Aaron at dinner
I'll leave it up to you to figure out who's who.

Shackzam

Oh I'll take you up on that.
Gotta do those Linne dittos.
God I think this might be the first game in forever that I actually learn the combos on.

Fucking half that cast has full screen reach.
It's the worst.
Linne mirrors, seem like there going to be weird.
I actually just learned from our matches that I can't make 3C safe at any range it hits, I have to space it properly to use 22A afterwords. And yeah Gord can get a full combo off of mortal slide at most any range after the pull, I usually go 5C into mortal slide but I was straight up getting punished for throwing out 5C at all against you. Im glad though, need to work on my defence.

I was thinking so much on how to get past some of your shit and loved it. There's so much footsie's going on in this game. Quick question can't you make his actual slide move (I think 3C) safe by cancelling it?

semisonic

Banned
Linne mirrors, seem like there going to be weird.

I was thinking so much on how to get past some of your shit and loved it. There's so much footsie's going on in this game. Quick question can't you make his actual slide move (I think 3C) safe by cancelling it?

Hey if you wanna run like a cowardswitch mains, that's fine with me too.
It's really fast and kinda confusing, that's for sure

Zenfalcia

HNNNNG
It's okay, just make me sad I finally got a sick speed character and I've gotta get in on these fuckers who are always basically just mister fantastic.
Eww Hilda. Eww.

Also it brings me so much joy to come into the thread and just see all of the fanarts I posted last thread actually doing something besides making zed uncomfortable.

Even I had to get in on the new avatar hype.
Just git gud and git in. Use your sanic speeds to its full extent. U just mad cause u ain't Hilda.

I dunno. Making zed uncomfortable is a good accomplishment.
Like a 9,, but his ass is seme and I'm seme so it don't work.
Not with that attitude.

I fell asleep waiting for Ultimax to finish...

It just finished that update it had to work on 10 minutes ago.

Fuck me. At least I can learn the system.

Ilvocare

I fell asleep waiting for Ultimax to finish...

It just finished that update it had to work on 10 minutes ago.

Fuck me. At least I can learn the system.

Holy hell man. I'm just about to head out.

P4A Naoto scenario update:
Oh man fighting Hell OG Katana Jesus as the first match was legit painful. Managed to get through, though.

But damn, Kanji's my personal worst universal matchup. As funny as the preceding scenes were, I don't wanna get walled so soon.

It's 5 in the morn, I'll have to cut it short after this next fight.

semisonic

Banned
Holy hell man. I'm just about to head out.

P4A Naoto scenario update:
Oh man fighting Hell OG Katana Jesus as the first match was legit painful. Managed to get through, though.

But damn, Kanji's my personal worst universal matchup. As funny as the preceding scenes were, I don't wanna get walled so soon.

It's 5 in the morn, I'll have to cut it short after this next fight.

You talking p4a vanilla or ultimax?

Nah its super unsafe, It can't cancel into specials on block. I have no idea why I kept using it during blockstrings, I think I was going for 2C into 22A, which is + on block so that I can start some pressure.

What I should have been doing more was 2C and 66C canceled into 22A.

Ilvocare

You talking p4a vanilla or ultimax?

Vanilla. When I booted it up, the percentage was at 66%. I figured enough time had passed that I could start fixing that. My undone stories were Naoto (who I'm doing now), Yosuke, Mitsuru, Aigis, and Kanji. I let BestGAF vote but got a three-way tie between the P4 characters. Randomed the result between the three of them and here I am.

semisonic

Banned
Vanilla. When I booted it up, the percentage was at 66%. I figured enough time had passed that I could start fixing that. My undone stories were Naoto (who I'm doing now), Yosuke, Mitsuru, Aigis, and Kanji. I let BestGAF vote but got a three-way tie between the P4 characters. Randomed the result between the three of them and here I am.

Oh man I love vanilla so fucking much
I really should pick up another copy

Kanji's story legit had me laughing my ass off. Other than that, I only consider Chie and Labyris story's required viewing material.

Edit: I sometimes kinda feel P4A is a better fighting game than Ultimax

semisonic

Banned
Kanji's story legit had me laughing my ass off. Other than that, I only consider Chie and Labyris story's required viewing material.

Edit: I sometimes kinda feel P4A is a better fighting game than Ultimax

Even though i know p4u is better, I really can't help but like p4a way more.
The only problem is there's no one left to play it with me...

Shackzam

Nah its super unsafe, It can't cancel into specials on block. I have no idea why I kept using it during blockstrings, I think I was going for 2C into 22A, which is + on block so that I can start some pressure.

What I should have been doing more was 2C and 66C canceled into 22A.

Ahh, okay. I completely forgot to use my dive kick in the neutral game. That could have helped me hit on some of Gord's weird bullshit.

Even though i know p4u is better, I really can't help but like p4a way more.
The only problem is there's no one left to play it with me...

P4U is more than P4A, I can say that for sure. But, I can't say it's better.
Some the character's changes just feel bad to me. I don't like Teddie's, S. Labs, or Naoto's changes. And I have mixed feelings about Kanji's.
I don't hate the game... I just, I don't know. It lacks the simple brilliance of P4A, but it does have a ton of frills to make up for it, is the best I can say.

Also, I think we might need to have a P4A vanilla night one of these days...

Ilvocare

What about him? I love playing as him, but he's not really that good, even against Naoto...though admittedly I've never lost to her.

In vanilla? Are you nuts? He gets 3 CTs right against Naoto and you're done.

I legit think the AI handles Kanji the best. I keep getting faked out by that invulnerability he has during the start-up of CTs. Then I wait like 3 seconds as I see my ass pummeled into the dirt. Meanwhile I have to pull off like 3 clips in order to do equivalent damage.

Top Bottom