• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

semisonic

Banned
I thought I remembered just clicking on it! I figured that because it requires your GAF username that's the form of fraud protection.

First off, lurkers can pretend to be us, as there's no verification. Which kind of muddies the waters. Second off, Fraudwil is a busy man, who makes these threads last moment, and doesn't really have time to double check that the names of those who voted are all people who've posted in the thread at some point or another.

mike0dude

First off, lurkers can pretend to be us, as there's no verification. Which kind of muddies the waters. Second off, Fraudwil is a busy man, who makes these threads last moment, and doesn't really have time to double check that the names of those who voted are all people who've posted in the thread at some point or another.

I just voted 69 times for my own suggestion using other gaffers names. #hacktheplanet

Archgan

We had this discussion either last time or the time before and decided to let lurkers vote if they wanted to.

semisonic

Banned
We had this discussion either last time or the time before and decided to let lurkers vote if they wanted to.

seriously? I don't remember this at all.
Plus since they don't post, how do we know it's not just one dude using 4 made up or randomly taken names?
The integrity of the Title Vote System is being compromised! I demand a recount!
Bring your drivers licenses when you tagline vote!
Especially if you're black or old!
Shoutouts to political satire

mike0dude

seriously? I don't remember this at all.
Plus since they don't post, how do we know it's not just one dude using 4 made up or randomly taken names?
The integrity of the Title Vote System is being compromised! I demand a recount!

because nobody actually gives a shit about Bestgaf on the Neo.

Archgan

Well if it won't bother him too much

Was that the whole 'boob' incident?

No, that was brought up in the discussion I'm talking about and it was decided that the problem with that was someone shared the link with people outside of the threads. I'll see if I can find the discussion in my post history.

Edit: Okay, it starts on 194, most of it is on 195, and the conclusion is on the top of 196. This is in 100 PPP.

semisonic

Banned
No, that was brought up in the discussion I'm talking about and it was decided that the problem with that was someone shared the link with people outside of the threads. I'll see if I can find the discussion in my post history.

Edit: Okay, it starts on 194, most of it is on 195, and the conclusion is on the top of 196. This is in 100 PPP.

I'm looking back and that sure was a thing.
That being said I'm personally of the opinion that the people who post are the people who should get to vote. We're the ones who use the thread, we might as well call it what we want.
It's one of the perks of posting.

Archgan

That being said I'm personally of the opinion that the people who post are the people who should get to vote. We're the ones who use the thread, we might as well call it what we want.

I would make the argument that lurkers are technically using the thread as well. Back when I was lurking in here, I spent just as much time on this thread as I do now. I also think it is kinda silly to have perks for posting in a thread, but I don't really care either way.

semisonic

Banned
I would make the argument that lurkers are technically using the thread as well. Back when I was lurking in here, I spent just as much time on this thread as I do now. I also think it is kinda silly to have perks for posting in a thread, but I don't really care either way.

Yeah okay.
It's really a whatever thing as long as it doesn't show up in the reddit or some shit like that.
Definitely a bit silly, but I really enjoyed voting in my first poll. It felt like a reward for waiting all those months to get my gaf and jump on in.

croten

The only notable perk you get for posting here is that you are part of one of the nicest, welcoming communities on the internet.

fa8.jpg

tumblr_m6rjj2nosI1qm8nv9o1_500.gif

Alright i seen it, either way we'll be on a new thread with a new title in a few weeks after the next one anyways

This is surely a thing

Ants

Someone got banned for that. Zed, you a busta.

no joke my ex-girlfriend once encountered someone sincerely using the word 'busta' in real life and almost lost her shit in front of her since 'you a busta' is a huge running joke in my circle of friends in particular.

Hey, did you know Zelda Williams is a GAF poster? I sure didn't. There's the possibility that it's not actually her, though.
That's actually really her. You could see people talk about it back when the sad thing happened. She tweets about GAF sometimes.
Hotline Miami 2's soundtrack is soooooooo good. In the Face of Evil, Divide, Quixotic, NARC, Fahkeet, etc. They're all amazing.
That one with the drop in Mission
12(?)
was insane.
Pretty sure RF could just be like "Yo who did this" like that time one of us used a joke name.
Abu and Zenfalcian are motherfuckers, sometimes I can barely tell.

Top Bottom