• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Ugh, Tokyo Ghoul is fun to watch whenever that putz of an MC isn't on screen. I understand the "reluctant hero" trope, but this guy is just a complete wimp.

But the blue haired girl reminds me of the P3 protag, which is both pleasant and confusing.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yoooo, full set of Pink Rathian armor. And to think I wasn't even planning on going for this set. Thanks, Glass! :D

(Though I do feel bad that you were the one who wanted to farm P. Rathian for the set and I got it before you did. =/)

Alfebit

Banned
I don't know if it's at all your kind of thing, but whenever anyone needs something to watch, I feel obligated to recommend Firefly. It's one of, if not the best, show I've ever seen (not to ridiculously hype it up, or anything.)

I've seen the first episode but I haven't gotten back to it. It was interesting enough that I'll probably finish it some day.

I don't know if it's at all your kind of thing, but whenever anyone needs something to watch, I feel obligated to recommend Firefly. It's one of, if not the best, show I've ever seen (not to ridiculously hype it up, or anything.)
I've heard alot of hype for that show. Kinda don't wanna watch it cause i don't think there's a way it can live up to it.

beinfilms

First episode

If that's as far as you're willing to take it, that's fine, I'm not about to go rabid fanboy on you. However, I'd recommend you give it a second chance, with the next episode. The pilot does a good job of introducing the characters, but I'll admit that it gets a bit slow at times.

beinfilms

I've heard alot of hype for that show. Kinda don't wanna watch it cause i don't think there's no way it can live up to it.

I can certainly see the logic behind that concern. However, I'll put it this way: a show doesn't get a movie after being canceled halfway through its first season by being overhyped. It takes some serious truth behind the hype to do that.

I can certainly see the logic behind that concern. However, I'll put it this way: a show doesn't get a movie after being canceled halfway through its first season by being overhyped. It takes some serious truth behind the hype to do that.
True, true. Fair enough, but I've also heard the ending is pretty lackluster.

I made a Warframe/Jojo crossover.

kznwZVQ.jpg

Please take SFM away from me.

beinfilms

True, true. Fair enough, but I've also heard the ending is pretty lackluster.

Well, the show was cancelled long before it was intended to end (only 14 episodes. Thanks, Fox.) It managed to gain enough popularity through DVD sales to get a movie, but the movie is just focused on tying up some of the loose ends, and ends up sacrificing a lot of the charm that made the show so good. And there are still comics coming out to this day, continuing the story. (The most recent ones just came out a couple of months ago.)

So, I guess the issue is less that the ending is lackluster, and more that there isn't much of one.

tsundoku

If that's as far as you're willing to take it, that's fine, I'm not about to go rabid fanboy on you. However, I'd recommend you give it a second chance, with the next episode. The pilot does a good job of introducing the characters, but I'll admit that it gets a bit slow at times.

I can't understand people who give any recommended show a sub 3 episode test and respond with anger and indignance.

Zenfalcia

Work life might be mundane, but you need to work for money, study, etc for school life so you can get work life.

School life sucks.
I dunno, school life you don't have to deal with bosses or other people and you have much shorter hours. On the other hand work life doesn't have things you have to do at home, unlike school life where you need to study and do homework.

Life in general sucks.

Man Diablo 3 adventure mode is addicting.

How is everyone doing today?

No, SFM results in cool stuff like what you just made here. Keep at it!
I'm doing alright. Got caught up on Archer, Keith David did the voice for Lana's father and Krieger's girlfriend called Cheryl a baka so that was kinda cool. I have a test tomorrow so I'll probably start going over everything again pretty soon.
I dunno, school life you don't have to deal with bosses or other people and you have much shorter hours. On the other hand work life doesn't have things you have to do at home, unlike school life where you need to study and do homework.

Life in general sucks.

Pretty much.

sjay1994

Life in general sucks.

Why are we still here?

Just to suffer?

If a show doesn't hook me in the first episode, more often than not its not worth my time.

Things I've learned from watching SF2..
  1. Ken has great taste in music.
  2. Guile has great taste in cars.
  3. Vega is into the kinky stuff.
  4. Chun Li is not into the kinky stuff.
  5. Blanka hard counters Zangief.
  6. Akuma likes to chill in India next to a big basket of oranges.
  7. Ryu does not cry over spilt milk.
  8. Sagat does nothing throughout the whole movie.
  9. Balrog's design was racist as fuck.
  10. Ken mind break doujin is probably a thing.

Why the fuck were they trying to ship Guile and Chun Li throughout the whole god damn movie?

Top Bottom