• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Honestly? When it comes to Best Friends LPs, the game they're playing is rarely important to me. Most of the time it's just a backdrop for them to talk about random bullshit. Obviously there are exceptions, mostly one-offs where I'm interested in the game and want to hear their thoughts on it, but for longer LPs I generally just listen to them like a podcast and maybe rewind the video a bit if they react strongly to something that happens on-screen.

Airsoft and japanese animes. Don't question it.

Pat is the cynicism and liam is the optimism.

Game choice is really a big make or break part of an LP, since if the game sucks and not even quirky, there's no way commentary can save it for 20 or so parts. They'd just run out of things to talk about.
I would watch the SHIT out of an anime about airsoft or paintball.

Generally, but I think it's more that Liam is less bothered by most things, while Pat is actually pretty balanced, or well, his hatred is overblown and his love for things is also overblown. In his own words, he's "passionate".

Zenfalcia

Yeah okay. That's fine
Super fine.
tumblr_nd706y00yx1tzixowo1_500.gif

Sup guys what i miss while I was at the store getting snacks?

*eats ice cream sandwich*

Also question what are you guys favorite stands?
mines The World even though thats a lame answer.

Zenfalcia

I would watch the SHIT out of an anime about airsoft or paintball.

Generally, but I think it's more that Liam is less bothered by most things, while Pat is actually pretty balanced, or well, his hatred is overblown and his love for things is also overblown. In his own words, he's "passionate".
You don't even know... There've been like 2-3 over the last couple of seasons...

People really love the Pat hatred passion. People don't like Liam's being less bothered, but Liam has more hope/positivity for things than Pat for sure.

Honestly? When it comes to Best Friends LPs, the game they're playing is rarely important to me. Most of the time it's just a backdrop for them to talk about random bullshit. Obviously there are exceptions, mostly one-offs where I'm interested in the game and want to hear their thoughts on it, but for longer LPs I generally just listen to them like a podcast and maybe rewind the video a bit if they react strongly to something that happens on-screen.
Some people treat them this way, and sure, but I'd at least say the game being played reflects on the commentary to some degree. You're gonna get more entertaining tangents if they're excited and involved.
Sup guys what i miss while I was at the store getting snacks?

*eats ice cream sandwich*.

360pages

I think the games are really important since I want to hear there thoughts about the games they play with some tangents and random stories in between. I listen to the Podcast for those things.

You don't even know... There've been like 2-3 over the last couple of seasons...

People really love the Pat hatred passion. People don't like Liam's being less bothered, but Liam has more hope/positivity for things than Pat for sure.
Whoa, hold up, seriously? Do you have opinions on them? Cause I'd love to watch them.

Pat shitting on something bad is fun, but I adore when he talks up games he loves way more. Same with the whole Zaibatsu, I just like hearing stuff about what they like.

beinfilms

So, I'm playing Persona 3 (instead of, you know, doing homework, or watching Bebop), and I have to say, Elizabeth's really got nothing on Marie. (Admittedly, I'm still at the first time you actually see her personality, but still.)

So, I'm playing Persona 3 (instead of, you know, doing homework, or watching Bebop), and I have to say, Elizabeth's really got nothing on Marie. (Admittedly, I'm still at the first time you actually see her personality, but still.)

are you doing her first date quest?

If we are talking in the shit factor then yea marie fucking blows elizabeth out of the damn water

Those oreo ice cream sandwiches are amazing.... too bad they are like 3 bucks each
I personally like the toll house ice cream cookie sandwiches myself.
You aint seen nothing yet. shes the best velvet room resident ever, mainly because shes more of a child seeing these things for the first time. Shes silly and fun to be around, its better than fucking Margarets S link thats for sure.
"make this persona and ill like you more" fucking bullshit, just get to know me!

Zenfalcia

Whoa, hold up, seriously? Do you have opinions on them? Cause I'd love to watch them.

Pat shitting on something bad is fun, but I adore when he talks up games he loves way more. Same with the whole Zaibatsu, I just like hearing stuff about what they like.
One is painfully less than average and other is consistently average and sometimes above average.
247773ee79c287d7a014bc23f90d96dab756e8e4624b6.gif

It's great, which is why people like Pat's extreme tastes. They're a great bunch.

Tako

So just earlier I received a phone call from one of Cat's friends and we talked for a bit and then she dropped a bomb on me. Cat is late and she might be pregnant.And what makes this all worse was that we were trying the whole long distance deal and then she abruptly stopped answering my calls and text 3 weeks ago

So just earlier I received a phone call from one of Cat's friends and we talked for a bit and then she dropped a bomb on me. Cat is late and she might be pregnant.And what makes this all worse was that we were trying the whole long distance deal and then she abruptly stopped answering my calls and text 3 weeks ago

oh shit dude, i dont like what that implies.

One is painfully less than average and other is consistently average and sometimes above average.
Toss me the name of the alright one yo
Uh, wow. Are you freaking out or?

1. Watch Bebop. Literally an artistic masterpiece.
2. You're not super wrong.

Fuck man that is awful.

Zenfalcia

This is going to be a fun watch whenever I get to it
You're not going to watch it. You know it and I know it. There's too much other things to watch.
BlJtPum.gif

Did she do a test or not?

demidar

Sit tight until you get more info.

Damn. Hope for the best.
Holy crap. Is DOA this dead on PS3 already? Can't find a game at all.
I'll play if ya want. I want to get some matches in on PS3

2real. Can't handle. Good wishes from me.

Holy shit dude... That's horrible...

Xiraiya

Well you know, just wait until you have more reliable information from her directly, rather than than from a friend with "Might be's" and so on.
If there is something she needs to tell you, she'll need time sorting through her own thoughts and stuff first, so give it time.

beinfilms

Shit, man. Best of luck to you in dealing with that!

Damn. Keep your head up man.

Top Bottom