• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

mrmyhthef

Welp.. I lost a bet. Oh well. rip in peace fran. no more relaxing for me.

image.php

Ah man I missed it, well I'm sure the boss rage video will do it justice. What is Ssapo and how are the zaibatsu's handling it?
Ssapo was the frog character in biofreaks who shot the puke bubbles. Hes the one who won the day and for the reactions
woolies tweet said:
#ssapothegod#ssapodiedforoursins #yearofssapo#ssapoboyz #blessedbyssapo#salvationbyssapo#ssapobreakerofchains#NOGODSNOKINGSONLYSSAPO

Morning guy's. Why are you talking about BIO freaks?

Because Ssapo is god.
And Max accepted their challenge and did a stream

I might drink this coffee and have a shower before I start this essay.

Edit: Mainly because I want to not look like a hobo to the delivery guy when he comes with MAH PHONE.

Also Aaron, why didn't you tell me there was a Supernatural anime made by Madhouse? Watch it for me and tell me if it's good.

You know, when that was coming out, I was the most excited person possible. Then I watched it... Goddammit did I watch it.

So, first off, it's fucking awful. It's done by the part of MadHouse that isn't good, which is like, more than half of their stuff, people just don't realize that. So the animation is garbage.

Then, the English dub is fucked, because Dean drops out after a couple episodes so there's just some other guy voicing Dean.

Then, Dean is like, a creepy rapey weirdo.

Supernatural The Animation is a thing I try to forget happened. That's probably why I didn't tell you. And it's so unfortunate, because it's two things I love and it should be my favorite thing ever, but it's goddamn awful.

Okay the background music for my essay will be the UNIEL OST. Because it is fucking good. I listened to it a lot back before console UNIEL was even a thing, and now my hype for it is reignited. I need to push this game as hard as I pushed Skullgirls
Eh at best I managed to get about 3 people to buy it, but they never played with me ;-; And now I think most of them are off fighters because they're all about that MOBA life now. They don't even play MH with me no more ;-; UNIEL needs a Steam release, maybe then I can just give it to them in a Steam sale...

The main piece of music I associate to UNIEL is Merkava's theme. It probably played in a trailer for it forever ago and it just stuck. It is pretty fucking great.

Oh yeah, this ethics essay. I SHOULD do that.

Skrams

Supernatural The Animation is a thing I try to forget happened. That's probably why I didn't tell you. And it's so unfortunate, because it's two things I love and it should be my favorite thing ever, but it's goddamn awful.

Well this just made me sadder. It's a thing that could fit into an anime format pretty easily, but that's disappointing.

On to Madworld and Mystery Box then to hopefully be less sad.

Also an excuse to post Madworld music again.

Randy42

You know, when that was coming out, I was the most excited person possible. Then I watched it... Goddammit did I watch it.

So, first off, it's fucking awful. It's done by the part of MadHouse that isn't good, which is like, more than half of their stuff, people just don't realize that. So the animation is garbage.

Then, the English dub is fucked, because Dean drops out after a couple episodes so there's just some other guy voicing Dean.

Then, Dean is like, a creepy rapey weirdo.

I watched one ep and that was it
Madhouse is a good studio but every time they've tried to adapt a western series its been such a complete shitfest you just ignore it

Emouse

Aw shit I'm leaving work early, time to go buy video games, going to attempt to snag Xenoverse and UNIEL let's gooooo

I watched one ep and that was it
Madhouse is a good studio but every time they've tried to adapt a western series its been such a complete shitfest you just ignore it

Good Madhouse is some of the best, but people tend to forget they do a fuckton of stuff and about half of it is not great, especially their western adaptations.

Randy42

Fuck yeah. Madworld and Anarchy Reigns have great music. I normally fall back on them whenever I can't think of any hype music to hype myself up to do stuff. My town, my city.

When this essay and my assessment on Thursday are done, I'm binging so hard on MH4U and UNIEL.

It's a shame that since its a matt/woolie LP you wont be able to actually hear the game audio for madworld. They need to change whatever setup they use to what pat uses when hes in charge, its way better balanced.

I think I fell asleep during the 7th or 8th stage, I woke up when they were reading out the donation messages. Seems like I missed quite the battle with Mutilator. I tend to hate Max's videos but this stream actually was a good time. I've only seen it with a ton of people on it though, I think only having a couple people helped it for me.

I think I fell asleep during the 7th or 8th stage, I woke up when they were reading out the donation messages. Seems like I missed quite the battle with Mutilator. I tend to hate Max's videos but this stream actually was a good time. I've only seen it with a ton of people on it though, I think only having a couple people helped it for me.

I don't have a problem with his videos, I just don't really follow them or watch them. I don't dislike it from what I've seen, it's just not enough of a like to follow consistently. Still, this stream was pretty great.

Zenfalcia

Okay the background music for my essay will be the UNIEL OST. Because it is fucking good. I listened to it a lot back before console UNIEL was even a thing, and now my hype for it is reignited. I need to push this game as hard as I pushed Skullgirls
Eh at best I managed to get about 3 people to buy it, but they never played with me ;-; And now I think most of them are off fighters because they're all about that MOBA life now. They don't even play MH with me no more ;-; UNIEL needs a Steam release, maybe then I can just give it to them in a Steam sale...

The main piece of music I associate to UNIEL is Merkava's theme. It probably played in a trailer for it forever ago and it just stuck. It is pretty fucking great.

It's all great. My favourites are eltnum's them, gordeau's theme, and gordeau vs chaos theme.
XNCnopn.png

This is basically just my life. He even has my hair.

I AM nOT READING FRANKEN FRAN OKAY? I AM TRYING TO ESSAY
You love franken fran tho.

semisonic

Banned
Every time I open this thread.

Also Aaron, why didn't you tell me there was a Supernatural anime made by Madhouse? Watch it for me and tell me if it's good.

AlsoAlso now real sad I missed Biofreaks. Fuck.
IT's pretty shit.
But if abridged series are your thing, there's a godlike one for it.
Link to first episode, quality improves over time as always

Don't forget how fucking great Cross Thought is

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Yesterday I discovered something. Holy shit is Rouge Legacy a fun game. I played like 8 hours of it. I'm a fucking idiot with the upgrades, so I'm level 50 and just best the forest boss, but the game is super fucking addicting.

It's all great. My favourites are eltnum's them, gordeau's theme, and gordeau vs chaos theme.

Yooooo I did not know this was a theme. Is this the only versus theme on the OST? Because damn that is a waste, there needs to be more of these. Vs themes are my guilty pleasure.
Also I'm a big fan of Byakuya's and Akatuski's themes as well. The entire OST is pretty great.
Actually I'm hard pushed to find a fighting game I like that doesn't have great music.

You love franken fran tho.
It is true. I do.

Edit: I'm really doing it

Zenfalcia

Yesterday I discovered something. Holy shit is Rouge Legacy a fun game. I played like 8 hours of it. I'm a fucking idiot with the upgrades, so I'm level 50 and just best the forest boss, but the game is super fucking addicting.
It's quite fun.
Yooooo I did not know this was a theme. Is this the only versus theme on the OST? Because damn that is a waste, there needs to be more of these. Vs themes are my guilty pleasure.
Also I'm a big fan of Byakuya's and Akatuski's themes as well. The entire OST is pretty great.
Actually I'm hard pushed to find a fighting game I like that doesn't have great music.

It is true. I do.
it's only in the exe late ost, and is the only versus theme. Most fighting games do pretty good themes.

Too bad there's not much to talk about since each chapter is very self contained and doesn't lend well to discussion... I guess i can ask what you found most bizarre in franken fran.

Top Bottom