• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Learn the notation, though. Also, a few minutes after I asked I figured out why it wouldn't come out. It was a dumb reason. Thanks anyway.
Now I have a question for you. Have you done the combo 2B(2 hits) -> IC*5C -> 421B -> IC*6B -> (Rest of the combo)? Like the combo where the etherite ground keeps missing. The 421B seems it hit whenever it wants. Sometimes I get it and sometimes they drop out of it.

I changed the list around to what my list is.

Game Grumps(Danny in particular) called The Adventures of Link an instant classic.

What a load of shite.

It's the black sheep of the series and it's so painfully obvious a cash grab by Nintendo to combine Mario sidescrolling with Zelda assets to do an adventure RPG type of thing.

joe2187

Banned
Which one have you played? In terms of how amazing they are, I'd say

Top Tier
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Link's Awakening

High Tier
Wind Waker
A Link to the Past
Oracle of Ages/Seasons

Mid Tier
Twilight Princess
The Legend of Zelda
A Link Between Worlds
Minish Cap
Four Swords Adventures
The Adventure of Link

Low Tier
Skyward Sword
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks

Fuck Off Tier
CD-I

Where's Okami on that list?

Now I have a question for you. Have you done the combo 2B(2 hits) -> IC*5C -> 421B -> IC*6B -> (Rest of the combo)? Like the combo where the etherite ground keeps missing. The 421B seems it hit whenever it wants. Sometimes I get it and sometimes they drop out of it.

I've never seen that combo before. Are you sure you wrote it correctly? 2B does not go into IC5C.

mike0dude

Do you guys think that Woolie and Matt came up with the concept for mystery box just to spite me?
So I wouldn't be able to tell what was coming.

Numb

Do you guys think that Woolie and Matt came up with the concept for mystery box just to spite me?
So I wouldn't be able to tell what was coming.

it is a great idea though. Not knowing whats coming. I liked it more than i thought i would
Wassup nerds

Ilvocare

Holy shit Fairy Bloom became surprisingly hype surprisingly fast. The enemies are kinda generic in their design but turning them into pinballs is hilarious.

Not to mention fighting a boss with an overhead that covers 90% of the screen, has little telegraphing, and is unblockable.
You gotta be right next to him to avoid it.

Then I did a sick Helm Splitter on it with a leaf.

And then during the post-boss story cutscene I... accidentally... pressed Escape and the game insta-closed. I've played doujin games before I should know better by now...

Which one have you played? In terms of how amazing they are, I'd say

Top Tier
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Link's Awakening

High Tier
Wind Waker
A Link to the Past
Oracle of Ages/Seasons

Mid Tier
Twilight Princess
The Legend of Zelda
A Link Between Worlds
Minish Cap
Four Swords Adventures
The Adventure of Link

Low Tier
Skyward Sword
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks

Fuck Off Tier
CD-I
I've played your top teir, lttp, seasons, awakening and dx, and phantom hourglass now that I've thought about it. I got about halfway through allbof em and just...stopped. I don't know why, just did.

My Galaxy S5 came. Yay. Not using until I get my screen protector tomorrow. I'll have to be an Apple peasant for another day. It came with a 4G wifi hotspot, which is cool and wasn't expecting.

Oh yeah, essay. Yeah I haven't been doing that for 2 hours now. Phone came and shit.

360pages

Zelda games always drain me....it's even worse if I get stuck.

I probably need to look at what to do for one dungeon in Link's Awakening....

Zenfalcia

Oberon

Banned
I own Okami HD on ps3, but I never finished it. I got kind of bored since the fight got way to easy.

Also, I am finally at season 2 of jojo! Yeah,
Iggy hype

Edit: School sucks, the stress of maintaining good grades is slowly killing me

I own Okami HD on ps3, but I never finished it. I got kind of bored since the fight got way to easy.

Iggy hype

I love Okami, but that game's fights are way too easy. One of the few things Okamiden has over it is that the fights, and especially boss fights, are actually challenging as you go through the game.

Skrams

Within the context of game design, It's mostly about implementing reward schedules and mechanics that exist to create an illusion of engagement and motivate the player to perform certain actions frequently and repeatedly and have them keep playing well after the novelty of a certain, often monotone, action or process has passed. It's not an uncommon design structure within games. But Rogue Legacy isn't entirely designed around that, as it allows and stimulates mastery of its mechanics and is wholly open to different playstyles (both in terms of the genetics mechanic and how you go through its dungeons) and player goals.
A lot of games are built around the idea of it and it's when I see the loop is usually when I start growing tired of the game. If the loop is enjoyable though then I'll usually be fine even though I acknowledge it's a loop. I think this mostly just happens with games that can be grind heavy to me at least. DMC3 could be construed as a skinner box since you're rewarded with cutscenes, weapons, more skills to buy, more enemies to fight, and all that jazz while you keep fighting more. It never feels like a skinner box though. A game's ability to hide that well can go a long way. Rogue Legacy doesn't hide it very well, but the game loop is fun with its wealth of options and it just having good gameplay. It also allows you to break that loop if you so desire which is very good. Also reposting in case you missed the edit.
By the way Skrams, You commented on its skinner box design so I can guess how you're playing the game, but I'll ask just to be sure: How are you playing the game?
I finished Rogue Legacy a while ago. I would explore and explore to find new equipment and runes. I enjoyed that enough that I would level up and gain enough money to make the game a lot easier than it should be. I spelunkered a lot. I found the last boss sort of hard, but not that bad since I don't remember having that much trouble.
Meh. Still love it. Rocking Vampirism armor and vampirism runes, and since I've upgraded my health a shit ton, even as a Paladin I have 350HP left with the deductions. If I'm a miner, I have bomb ass runes for that.
Yeah, it's still a good game. I just know some people can't help, but feel like they're in a loop which in turn makes them dislike it.

Zenfalcia

Iggy hype

Edit: School sucks, the stress od maintaining good grades is slowly killing me
It's fine. Totally fine. School is fine, not finishing okami is fine and only being at season 2 of jojo is fine too.

Okamiden is the only good DS Zelda. Those DS Zelda games... woof.

I enjoyed Phantom Hourglass, but as a follow up to Windwaker, it was mediocre.

Speaking of Zelda:

Top Tier
Wind Waker
Majora's Mask

High Tier
Skyward Sword
Minish Cap
Oracle of Ages/Seasons

Mid Tier
Twilight Princess
Link's Awakening
Phantom Hourglass
A Link to the Past
Four Swords Adventures

Low Tier
Ocarina of Time
Spirit Tracks

Fuck Off Tier
CD-I

Edited it to my personal favorites.

I can personally make a list of Zelda games, because I haven't completed any, other than a Link to the Past, and found that good, but nothing great.

Just not a LoZ fan, even though I adore the now retcon'd lore.

Zenfalcia

That would be perfekt
It would be, too bad there's no mod who knows or cares about the SBF or many of us would have tags already, but many of us would probably be banned too.
That mutilator kill last night was perfect. Literally saw max beat it and then passed out immediately afterwords.

PRAISE SSAPO!
Nah, he stayed on stream for a while after, while they were playing House of the dead 4.

Top Bottom