• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

semisonic

Banned
I enjoyed Phantom Hourglass, but as a follow up to Windwaker, it was mediocre.

Speaking of Zelda:

Edited it to my personal favorites.

Goddamnit it is too early in the morning for my blood pressure to be this high
fucking low tier ocarina what

I don't even want to respond because I know it will only lead to salt but I'm going to die if I don't. Besides that, list is actually pretty solid.

Lotta people liked oracle. I'm a little surprised, I thought no one played it.

High tier
skyward sword
giphy.gif

It would be, too bad there's no mod who knows or cares about the SBF or many of us would have tags already, but many of us would probably be banned too.

Nah, he stayed on stream for a while after, while they were playing House of the dead 4.

I meant i passed out immediately afterwords

joe2187

Banned
Motherfuckers are mad salty that they still didnt release what the new PS+ games are yet.

The internet turns people into real giant pricks.

Skrams

Motherfuckers are mad salty that they still didnt release what the new PS+ games are yet.

I thought it was funny when it was days ago, but it's becoming understandable since we get the games tomorrow.

At least understandable to question it. I obviously don't agree with yelling at people on twitter for "free" games that don't matter until you get your hands on them.

Also Gintama sure is a grabbag of everything. Declining birth rate of Japan jokes to penis jokes to Mario jokes to feels to the best stalling for time jokes.

Goddamnit it is too early in the morning for my blood pressure to be this high
fucking low tier ocarina what

I don't even want to respond because I know it will only lead to salt but I'm going to die if I don't. Besides that, list is actually pretty solid.

Lotta people liked oracle. I'm a little surprised, I thought no one played it.

I was super young when I saw it in the store and I bought Seasons. Then eventually I managed to get my hands on Ages and played through that too. I really enjoyed both of them and didn't even know about the whole linking them together to fight Ganon thing.

I guess I just really prefer the 2D Capcom Zelda games over the Nintendo ones.

Hey, I think it's fun, in a "Holy shit, we did not think this out completely," sorta of way.

Fun to poke holes into.

I guess when you look at it like that it can be fun. I just think its so nothing that I can't even make fun of it.

I still have to play my PS Plus games for January and February lol. Rogue Legacy has been eating up all my time meant for the other PS Plus games.

joe2187

Banned
I thought it was funny when it was days ago, but it's becoming understandable since we get the games tomorrow.

At least understandable to question it. I obviously don't agree with yelling at people on twitter for "free" games that don't matter until you get your hands on them.

Kickstarter game gets announced for PSN and the entire comments section is entirely nothing but bitching about PS+ and saying how much they dont give a shit about the game because of PS+

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/03/02/heart-forth-alicia-coming-to-ps4-ps-vita-early-2016/

360pages

It still boggles my mind that Sonic 06 was supposed to be a reboot...despite all the characters knowing one another...despite giving small references to past game and generally not being a reboot at all.

Emouse

Numb

I like this. Not knowing what the games are until release day.Like opening a present
Unless you are impatient.

I respect your opinion, but these two points physically hurt me. We do seem to differ greatly when it comes to opinions on games and whatnot in general, which is fine.

Likewise. I'm dumbfounded when people call LttP and/or Ocarina the greatest Zelda and/or video games of all time, but hey its not my place to judge and I can only respect their opinions.

This avatar stuff is somewhat annoying with the constant switching.

I'm only seeing it with your avatar now. You might wanna PM a mod and see what's going on.

Oberon

Banned
I love Okami, but that game's fights are way too easy. One of the few things Okamiden has over it is that the fights, and especially boss fights, are actually challenging as you go through the game.

I want to use that izuna drop counter ;__;
But I have no reasonm since the enemy don't attack often enoug and it's way easier to spam that bomb.

croten

Likewise. I'm dumbfounded when people call LttP and/or Ocarina the greatest Zelda and/or video games of all time, but hey its not my place to judge and I can only respect their opinions.

I'm only seeing it with your avatar now. You might wanna PM a mod and see what's going on.

Someone fell for it.

Skrams

Kickstarter game gets announced for PSN and the entire comments section is entirely nothing but bitching about PS+ and saying how much they dont give a shit about the game because of PS+

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/03/02/heart-forth-alicia-coming-to-ps4-ps-vita-early-2016/
Yeah, which is exactly the kind of people I don't agree with. I think it's fine to think, huh, we should probably have a list of PS+ games by now. Beyond that where you're just shitting up the place? Nah.
Sure, you can see Skinner Box design in a lot of games if you look closely enough, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that games such as DMC3 are Skinner Box games. You'd have to look at the concept in such a broad way that you'd miss the point of it entirely. Stylish action games in particular put a great emphasis on diversity in its gameplay mechanics and mastery of the combat, which mostly fall outside of the more strict concept of Skinner Box design.

I respect your opinion, but these two points physically hurt me. We do seem to differ greatly when it comes to opinions on games and whatnot in general, which is fine.
I'm probably stretching what the definition of skinner box can even actually mean, but yeah. I see it as the thing of play, get reward, encouraged to play more, and repeat. This is obviously radically different when it comes to video games since the reward can be so different and not every reward will satisfy every person. I'm just saying the same thing again, but if the gameplay is good then the loop will rarely matter. Also if the "loop" is diverse enough where it barely can even be construed as a loop anymore like DMC3 then that's great.

Also everyone hates carebears opinion. Even carebear.
It still boggles my mind that Sonic 06 was supposed to be a reboot...despite all the characters knowing one another...despite giving small references to past game and generally not being a reboot at all.

I don't think it was a reboot despite the title. It was just Sonic Adventure 3.

They've got them now. Hope you're happy you damn fucks.

Those are the PS Now games. I was tricked too.

Okingjrr

Sweet! My Smash Bros. Premium Sound Selection CD came in the mail today.
No Megaman music... I'm doubting the premiumness of this collection.

Top Bottom