• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Zelda 2 is cool. I think other games did what it did better, but come on its a NES Action RPG, that's rad.

I think you might be a little too hard on the game. Remember this was the second Zelda EVER. The series didn't find its footing yet and they were probably trying different things to see what worked. The assets alone makes me think some work was put into it.

It's that and Castlevania 2. They're bad sequels.

I appreciate the attempt at innovation, but they made the actual looking for information/hints part too obscure, so obscure that you needed Nintendo Power to beat the game.

Top Tier
Wind Waker
A Link to the Past

High Tier
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Link's Awakening

Mid Tier
Twilight Princess
The Legend of Zelda
Minish Cap
Four Swords Adventures
The Adventure of Link
Oracle of Ages/Seasons
Phantom Hourglass

Low Tier
Skyward Sword
Spirit Tracks

Fuck Off Tier
CD-I
There's mine.

It actually is a work.

It's an actual problem :(

NQHKSVE.gif

Skrams

I appreciate the attempt at innovation, but they made the actual looking for information/hints part too obscure, so obscure that you needed Nintendo Power to beat the game.

I'm unsure of Zelda 2's translation, but I'm leaning towards blaming the translators for the obscure hints.

YAY WE HAVE AVENGERS SPIDERMAN!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1002323

BOO IT'S NOT TOBEY!
He's still too handsome to be Peter I think, but he's not as bad as Garfield. Maybe some nerd glasses will make it work.

I like the game on it's own even if it's fuckhard to progress and to beat. I was pretty young when I first played it though so that colors me.

Shovel Knight paying homage to it with the towns is adorable to me.

I'm unsure of Zelda 2's translation, but I'm leaning towards blaming the translators for the obscure hints.

Nintendo help a 90% monopoly on the Video Game market in the 1980s. Zelda 2 came out in 1988.

I find it unbelievable with their emphasis on quality control that they didn't hire a decent set of translators or that it was a business decision to make the game obscure as possible to encourage sales of the magazine.

Remember, Nintendo has a bad track record of doing consumer friendly things when they were the big dog.

He's still too handsome to be Peter I think, but he's not as bad as Garfield. Maybe some nerd glasses will make it work.

I like the game on it's own even if it's fuckhard to progress and to beat. I was pretty young when I first played it though so that colors me.

Shovel Knight paying homage to it with the towns is adorable to me.

I was 14 when I played the re-release. I had Internet then and it still was not a fun game to play.

beinfilms

YAY WE HAVE AVENGERS SPIDERMAN!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1002323

BOO IT'S NOT TOBEY!

I'm still really curious as to how they're going to go about putting him into the universe.

Marvel Civil War spoilers:
I mean, the civil war pretty much kicks off with him revealing his identity, which I assume is why Marvel wanted him so much, but that kind of relies on him already being an established character in the universe, which seems like it'd be an issue here.

Nintendo help a 90% monopoly on the Video Game market in the 1980s. Zelda 2 came out in 1988.

I find it unbelievable with their emphasis on quality control that they didn't hire a decent set of translators or that it was a business decision to make the game obscure as possible to encourage sales of the magazine.
I'd say it was more likely a form of game-length extension, but I certainly don't doubt the translation team could've fucked up hard. Just because they could afford a good translation doesn't mean they got one.

I'm stealing the shit out of your avatar after this week is over, then you'll see it all the time as I post too much.

You can have it.

I forgot who my bet is with this week. I think its Jman.

Oh man if I lose I'm probably gonna have a Dota avatar or a Life is Strange avatar. Fuck.

Why not both?

Bish pls stop messing with my GAF.

First my iPhone deletes all my contacts off my phone and now NeoGAF is breaking. Maybe I should just stop using technology and go Amish.

Literally the perfect choice.
Finally, we could have a good Spider-man.

Garfield is a good Spiderman. Just not a good Peter Parker.

Tobey is the better Parker.

O'Brian has to be somewhere in the middle.

I was cheering for a Miles Morales Spiderman, but average consumer doesnt know who Miles Morales is.

Top Bottom