• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Zenfalcia

Get a load of this fraud, he doesn't even remember songs used in video game trailers.
Next thing you're gonna tell me is that Nuclear is in no way associated with a certain video game?
i never heard of darksouls until a few years ago, and i never watched any ps3 trailers.

Yes. :p

Another thing I learned recently is that in Dead Money, there's an ending where you side with Father Eljah. It has its own unique ending slideshow. Considering the nature of the ending, however, you can't continue after it. You'll have to reload before the choice.

Ants

Yo I'm about to start watching Hajime no Ippo, just one question: How long until it gets really good?

If the first boxing match doesn't do it for you, the show isn't for you. The gist of the show is that it is hyper-accurate to technique and form of boxing techniques, but with dramatization for hype purposes.

I think Ippo is the fastest a long running shonen has ever grabbed me. While Jojo has a fantastic first episode and the first part is pretty amazing, I didn't really realize how good part 1 is until my rewatch. Jojo doesn't really start to really grab most people until part 2.

Then again, Gintama got me by episode 1 and has been gradually getting better with each episode. Episode 25 is something special.

Ants

I started JoJo with this anime run, because I didn't want to read the manga and the Stardust Crusaders OVA didn't seem like a good place to start.

The first 3 episodes of arc 1 is maybe the best anime I've ever seen, including Arc 3. It would make an absurdly good OVA. The rest of the show pales in comparison. I will say that the rest of Arc 1 is a sharp drop in quality (cuz it just apes HnK without standing on its own ideas), and Arc 2 is a jump back up. I hear the manga version of Arc 1 is really rough and the 2012 anime adaptation really cleaned it up, but the start is really great.

Ilvocare

Oof. Around 4-ish I just fell asleep with no warning and woke up just in time to be late to my class.

What's going on, everybody?

Ilvocare

Recursive is making us ride his fire.

I've become enamored to Xrd's OST so much that listening to it in the car on Youtube has utterly drained my phone of battery. That was like at 3 in the afternoon when I woke up at 8 AM too.

Tracking down the most illusive of prey: the control room in P3.

Edit: found it!

I read that as "the computer room" and visions of Vector using an Evoker to summon his Persona Charmy the Bee entered my head. One quick BSOD later and I'm normal again.

JoJo94

Hey guys!!! While we were stuck in the snow my friend did some pretty sick drawings. Thought you guys might like it. May be a bit tough to read.

11015881_10205346171948941_1074687286_n.jpg

Again my friend drew this not me.

Sorry I've been gone took a break from you guys/focusing on doing some personal artwork more.

Hey guys!!! While we were stuck in the snow my friend did some pretty sick drawings. Thought you guys might like it. May be a bit tough to read.

Sorry I've been gone took a break from you guys/focusing on doing some personal artwork more.

What's the stand name, Jack Frost?

Btw, Hi JoJo!

beinfilms

I read that as "the computer room" and visions of Vector using an Evoker to summon his Persona Charmy the Bee entered my head. One quick BSOD later and I'm normal again.

I really like that idea, but Charmy would be a terrible persona. Then again, Charmy is pretty terribe in general.

i wish could draw...

I've become enamored to Xrd's OST so much that listening to it in the car on Youtube has utterly drained my phone of battery. That was like at 3 in the afternoon when I woke up at 8 AM too.

It's pretty good. I have the CD from the special edition that I keep in my car now.

Good to see you JoJo. How has it been going?

JoJo94

Good to see you JoJo. How has it been going?

I killed a man with my own tw...I mean everything has been going good. Finished some poster designs, and a character design. Started reading Y the Last Man, and got a nice break from classes...even though it drove me crazy. Been pretty good honestly.

GGs in Xrd people. Sorry I had to finish all over you will a hail of balls like that Joose.

I killed a man with my own tw...I mean everything has been going good. Finished some poster designs, and a character design. Started reading Y the Last Man, and got a nice break from classes...even though it drove me crazy. Been pretty good honestly.

Good to hear. I have a hardcover of Y but I've only read a couple chapters from it. I liked what I saw but just had other things take priority.

GGs again to the XrdNerds
I kinda want you to come back in during the summer break and take the Shamecar reigns, I'm getting tired after driving it for awhile and I'm afraid I'll fall asleep at the wheel.

Top Bottom