• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Jman014

Good god I'm so bored this morning. I want to play MH4U but I'm still at the beginning. =(
buuoheb4rpkupfu4wjts.gif

I have way too little exposure to the former to say.

Mechs da bes
This is the only exception for me

Mechas, right?

That's kind of interesting to me. When someone says "mech" and "mecha", you know exactly what to expect.

I don't actually distinguish between the two words. I usually just say mechs.

Even Pacific Rim is like, an edge-case for me. They're a tad too realistic but just Super enough for me to enjoy.

SteveTR

Even Pacific Rim is like, an edge-case for me. They're a tad too realistic but just Super enough for me to enjoy.

Yeah, I did some googling after I posted that and it seems like the terms are used interchangeably. In my mind, mechs were always your ATs and mechas always your Gundams.

Play the new Unreal Tournament. Don't think we can get friender games going until private servers are up.

Eh?

Well you're not going to leave the beginning if you don't play it.

It's really short.

It's not really the "beginning" beginning. I've gotten up to the next village but after I got there I found myself getting kind of bored fighting the exact same monsters over and over again because the ones I'm fighting are so small and lame.

You been online yet? I started over with a male character for that sweet, sweet mech armor, but haven't played in a while so I'm currently stuck at HR2.

If you need someone to play with I'd be more than willing to kick some monster butt together.

Mech armor? >_>

Yeah, I did some googling after I posted that and it seems like the terms are used interchangeably. In my mind, mechs were always your ATs and mechas always your Gundams.

It's a East vs West kind of designation, isn't it?

Like, Japan calls them mechas. The US and Europe calls them mechs.

Since you've gotten that far, what's your opinion on itagaki? I like him a lot and is pretty hype to me.
Itagaki didn't do much to me in the anime, but that fight with Imai was so hype I did a 180 turn and instantly liked him and every other fight after that. Loved the description of how he sees everything as if he's in a vehicle and everyone else sees from the outside.

Ilvocare

A friend of mine has ruined me so now I try to see any robutt-type thing as Real type or Super type.

Fucking SRW...

Eh?

It's not really the "beginning" beginning. I've gotten up to the next village but after I got there I found myself getting kind of bored fighting the exact same monsters over and over again because the ones I'm fighting are so small and lame.

Mech armor? >_>

MH4U-Seltas_Z_Armor_(Blademaster)_Render_001.png

Get motivated, son!

Also look up the key quests you have to do for each village/hunter rank on Kiranico, most of the gathering, egg carrying and small monster quests aren't needed in order to move on to the next tier of content. That way you can focus on the big monsters and only do the filler quests when your needs demand it (farming materials for new gear or something).

Shackzam

Itagaki didn't do much to me in the anime, but that fight with Imai was so hype I did a 180 turn and instantly liked him and every other fight after that. Loved the description of how he sees everything as if he's in a vehicle and everyone else sees from the outside.
I can't wait for the next season, it's gonna be so good. You got past the
steamers vs mashiba fight right? What'd you think of that shit?

Yeah, that's not really the beginning.

MH4 has a tooooon of monsters compared to previous entries. Just look up the key quests and get some progression going. If you're in the second area you'll fight some, uh, different stuff by the end of that area.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Feel free to skip some of the quests that are "kill 15 X" since those are the smaller wildlife. I did only a few of them, but went back to complete them if I needed materials/parts. Just go for the monster hunts.

The game seems to be designed so that you tackle both the single player and the online in tandem. If you completely finish the single player portion without touching the online, you'll end up being overpowered for the online and vice versa.

Sawamura. My kindle has been fucking with me on auto correct.
Ah Sawamura, words cannot describe how much I loved how brutal that fight was. They were
fouling
left and a right to the point where they don't care anymore. That freaking
horn
on the side of Mashiba's head, the bloodlust, the killing intent,
the ringout
everything was sooo goood. I want to see that shit animated. The end of the fight was perfect.
"I lose due to disqualification and I don't care because I beat the living shit of of you and now your retired!"

What is with this last Fairy in Woodfall Temple? I'm wearing the Great Fairy Mask and have searched every floor top to bottom and it never glows. I even looked up all the locations and went to each one and I've gotten the fairy from them all but the stupid Great Fairy in the fountain tells me there's still 1 more left in the dungeon.

I cannot fathom what's going wrong here.

croten

What is with this last Fairy in Woodfall Temple? I'm wearing the Great Fairy Mask and have searched every floor top to bottom and it never glows. I even looked up all the locations and went to each one and I've gotten the fairy from them all but the stupid Great Fairy in the fountain tells me there's still 1 more left in the dungeon.

I can't help you. There are 15 fairies in each temple so there is no way to know which one you missed.

There's one stuck in a beehive on the second floor above a door in the main room. That one gave me trouble too.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I tried reading Prison School once, cringed hard and stopped (That dominatrix chick was kinda hot tho). So far the only romance mango/cartoon I've been able to stomach has been The World God Only Knows.
See, the problem is you came expecting romance. Prison School goes beyond that and is hilarious.

I tried reading Prison School once, cringed hard and stopped (That dominatrix chick was kinda hot tho). So far the only romance mango/cartoon I've been able to stomach has been The World God Only Knows.

Prison School is not a romance in the slightest. It is an over the top series about raising the bar on whatever limit was replaced, and it is saving manga.

Oberon

Banned

How far did you get? I know it's easy to say, but it gets much better the more you read.

See, the problem is you came expecting romance. Prison School goes beyond that and is hilarious.

Well, the romance part comes pretty late.

If the Great Fairy masks' hair is flowing like a breeze hitting it and it's sparkling, then a fairy is nearby.

Check all beehives and kill all enemies. Some fairies are hidden within enemies.

There's one stuck in a beehive on the second floor above a door in the main room. That one gave me trouble too.

One of the first one I foun actually. The reason this is pissing me off is because the mask is supposed to react to it and it's not reacting to any room anywhere after I get the 14th one. This is the easiest shit in the world but for whatever reason my game simply isn't letting me get the last one even though I know where it's at.

One of the first one I foun actually. The reason this is pissing me off is because the mask is supposed to react to it and it's not reacting to any room anywhere after I get the 14th one. This is the easiest shit in the world but for whatever reason my game simply isn't letting me get the last one even though I know where it's at.

Check the room before the boss door?

If the Great Fairy masks' hair is flowing like a breeze hitting it and it's sparkling, then a fairy is nearby.

Check all beehives and kill all enemies. Some fairies are hidden within enemies.

I've probably made this damn place go extinct 20 times over by now. This shit's legit making me not want to play anymore because I know the game is cheating me based upon guides telling me where this last one is and it not being there.

I got the one in that room from the switch that spawns the chest, the one in the pot, and the one in the Deku flower.

I've probably made this damn place go extinct 20 times over by now. This shit's legit making me not want to play anymore because I know the game is cheating me based upon guides telling me where this last one is and it not being there.

I got the one in that room from the switch that spawns the chest, the one in the pot, and the one in the Deku flower.
Dumb Question:
Are you sure you're using the updated 3DS guide?

MM N64 and 3DS have different locations.

I'd also make sure you're looking at a guide specifically for Majora's Mask 3D since the remake did change some of the locations that the original fairies used to be.

Like the one in the block room under the wooden cross bridge isn't there anymore.

Due to some complications, I'd have to start over. Not willing to do that.
Oh man that sucks, the 5th case is the best one, it connects all 4 previous cases together in to one big giant case. Is it a Save data issue? Wonder if there's a way I could send you my data so you can continue.

Top Bottom