• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

mike0dude

hey Mat, when I googled "guide neogaf OT" the first thread that Popped up was your Men's shoes OT.
it's the first result on google.ca but the 3rd one on Google.com .

I had been reading Steel Ball Run during lunch break and one of my friend noticed that and said "have you seen the chapter the guy with his stand xxx? It's a really minor spoiler and not affecting the story at all but it really annoyed me the fact he spoiled the stand's name.
Am I being too sensitive?

Oh! Lonesome Me is a name of a stand in Steel Ball Run. This tells you nothing. You're being too sensitive. You'll forget it all when you get to Scary Monsters or Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap anyway

Oberon

Banned
Maybe romance was the wrong word to use, rather, I just don't feel the need to watch people abandon any semblance of reason and willfully ignoring any solution to the situation at hand, which often boils down to, y'know, actually communicating with people like normal human beings do.
Besides, If I want to see boys be awkward around grills I'll just go outside and go meet some myself.
;_;

Admittedly, I didn't get very far into Prison School so it might very well be a case of not judging a book by it's cover, but what I've read didn't make me want to find out either. The budding romance between the MC and that one girl was well done, to give the series some credit. Just didn't dig everything else surrounding that.

I also think the tsundere archetype is just the dumbest.

Now if you don't mind, I'm going to watch a dude perform sick car-kata's on monsters utilizing the power of various HotWheels he can click on his belt. Actually, I'm going to watch that Katanagatari show, that shit looks dope.

If that's the case, I don't think you'll like the rest of it.
Also, Hana isn't only the best tsundere but also
a great yandere

Edit: I have started the Dark Souls let's Plague. Yay!

Ants

I was rewatching FF8 for funsies and it starts with them having Disc 2 in the drive, confirming once again that Woolie can't read.

Xiraiya

Hes the Brad to your Dan.

I'm not sure with of the two I find more annoying, at least Jeff's brand of dismissiveness can be tolerated by him just being hilarious and knowledgeable in general.

But Brad and Dan were like "Oh yeah this game is really cool, I don't even care that they trampled all over the series without regard, those kiddy korean games that were always trying too hard, look at that white wig, it doesn't even look good"

Look, my experience with Devil May Cry is fairly minimal, but I always thought the older games looked pretty good, and seeing DmC always gave me the vibe of "This looks like it tries way too goddamn hard in the worst ways" But I can also respect that the game might not be that bad, just that it should have been called something else, also I don't see how they can use the White hair Dante costume as another reason to bash the previous series when the style of the game doesn't even work for that look, he just looks like an asshole, which is kind of surprising considering how much of an asshole he already looked.

But Brad and Dan were like "Oh yeah this game is really cool, I don't even care that they trampled all over the series without regard, those kiddy korean games that were always trying too hard, look at that white wig, it doesn't even look good"

The game is cool, just highschool cool and I haven't been in highschool for nearly a decade

I'm not sure with of the two I find more annoying, at least Jeff's brand of dismissiveness can be tolerated by him just being hilarious and knowledgeable in general.

Look, my experience with Devil May Cry is fairly minimal, but I always thought the older games looked pretty good, and seeing DmC always gave me the vibe of "This looks like it tries way too goddamn hard in the worst ways" But I can also respect that the game might not be that bad, just that it should have been called something else, also I don't see how they can use the White hair Dante costume as another reason to bash the previous series when the style of the game doesn't even work for that look, he just looks like an asshole, which is kind of surprising considering how much of an asshole he already looked.

I don't know if you meant this specific example but Dan and his awful opinions are part of the reason why I like him. He fits the loveable idiot trope to a tee. Brad just comes off as an asshole who looks down on things the he doesn't like, at least in my limited exposure to him.
Vice-Prez is best.

ThisManKnow.gif

Highschool cool is the perfect way to describe DmC.

Well, Brad and Dan are hardly what I'd call the epitome of cool.

Maybe they idolize this Dante moreso than the Capcom designed one?

I don't know if you meant this specific example but Dan and his awful opinions are part of the reason why I like him. He fits the loveable idiot trope to a tee. Brad just comes off as an asshole who looks down on things the he doesn't like, at least in my limited exposure to him.

I'm starting to think he hams it up for the audience. I never felt he was a dumb guy when he wrote for GI.

Well, Brad and Dan are hardly what I'd call the epitome of cool.
Maybe they idolize this Dante moreso than the Capcom designed one?
I'm starting to think he hams it up for the audience. I never felt he was a dumb guy when he wrote for GI.

You talkin' shit on my boi Dirty Dan Rykert?

I don't know if he's playing it up or not, like I've said before I think it's mainly just GB being more about personality than GI was, so he has a venue to let himself be himself. There's a thing most journalistic venues have called a "Voice" which refers to the singular tone they want to keep within their writing. It's the editor's job to make sure everyone's writing fits that voice, so it's entirely plausible that GI stuck closely to that style of editing as where GB is much more focused around individual opinions.

No, that's Risa.

Vice-Prez is best.
Eh
Shrug.gif

I don't know if he's playing it up or not, like I've said before I think it's mainly just GB being more about personality than GI was, so he has a venue to let himself be himself. There's a thing most journalistic venues have called a "Voice" which refers to the singular tone they want to keep within their writing. It's the editor's job to make sure everyone's writing fits that voice, so it's entirely plausible that GI stuck closely to that style of editing as where GB is much more focused around individual opinions.

I think this may be a pretty good assessment if the situation. Dan may be playing it up a bit but after hearing some of the stories that he has told I think it is safe to say it is genuine on some levels.

Ilvocare

God fucking dammit fuck this

Why is Yukiko's challenge 15 in Ultimax fucking impossible to pull off

it's like the game is laughing at me for daring to use a gamepad instead of a fight stick

motherfucker

Xiraiya

I could see how it could be missed, but once you initiate that "quest" it's pretty hard to not encounter the conclusion since it's along the game's critical path.

I could see how it could be missed, but once you initiate that "quest" it's pretty hard to not encounter the conclusion since it's along the game's critical path.

I think mainly people just don't know you can use the item or don't pay full attention to the prompt, because it does show up near several strong enemies and can be missed really easily.

... Gee Doc, I think you might be onto something there.

Wouldn't be the first time you'd see GB have a slight bias against Japan's video game.

inb4 Fuck Yoshi.

Well Dan was an Associate Editor last time he was at GI, so that makes sense.

I just would be disappointed to find out the DR I knew from GI isn't a zany and weird guy with questionable tastes who happened to also write really entertaining and informative articles.

Xiraiya

I think mainly people just don't know you can use the item or don't pay full attention to the prompt, because it does show up near several strong enemies and can be missed really easily.

I don't know, I feel like you'd really have to be not paying much attention to the game to miss the prompt or forget you saw it after dealing with the enemies.
Unless you mean the soul and not the eye thing to go invade Lautrec's world

Xiraiya

I always thought if you let Lautrec kill the Fire Keeper she would forever be dead. So I normally killed him once I set him free. The one time I let Lautrec kill her and got her Soul back, I just kept it in my inventory.

I can understand that logic since I remember Pat initially saying she's gone forever if you don't kill him, but killing him won't let the quest play out.
My logic for figuring it out was that I didn't think the game would permanently take a Bonfire away from you without your direct input of killing a keeper, and the item left behind was clear enough to let you know you could also get revenge, so I figured maybe if it's going this far, you can undo what he did.

I can understand that logic since I remember Pat initially saying she's gone forever if you don't kill him, but killing him won't let the quest play out.
My logic for figuring it out was that I didn't think the game would permanently take a Bonfire away from you without your direct input of killing a keeper, and the item left behind was clear enough to let you know you could also get revenge, so I figured maybe if it's going this far, you can undo what he did.

Ok I see where your getting at, like you said I was told before hand before I did the dirty deed. A person that didn't know would have probably let the quest play out normally.

Top Bottom