• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

In spirit of Mechaweek, I checked back up on Project Nimbus to see how it's been going in Early Access. Replayed the first act to get reacquainted since the game doesn't yet tell you what the gamepad controls are despite supporting them. Feels nice, framerate only really chugs when a fuck ton of missiles and smoke trails are on screen, but coming along nicely overall. Maybe some more tweaks could be made to the mechs' responsiveness and sense of speed, but that's about it.

Also I'm writing up another design document for a game idea I should have realized I had sooner. Surprise, it's robot related, but not super robots as I've already got a game idea for that set aside.

In spirit of Mechaweek, I checked back up on Project Nimbus to see how it's been going in Early Access. Replayed the first act to get reacquainted since the game doesn't yet tell you what the gamepad controls are despite supporting them. Feels nice, framerate only really chugs when a fuck ton of missiles and smoke trails are on screen, but coming along nicely overall. Maybe some more tweaks could be made to the mechs' responsiveness and sense of speed, but that's about it.

Also I'm writing up another design document for a game idea I should have realized I had sooner. Surprise, it's robot related, but not super robots as I've already got a game idea for that set aside.

yandere robots?

NLepnKe.gif

I sat in a car for 7 hours today. I hate long car rides. I hate them more than I hate dubs.
Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate dubs since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for dubbed animes at this micro-instant. For dubs. Hate. Hate.

I actually love how everyone acts drunk and crazy on long car rides. Taking rides to Florida every few years gave me some tolerance.

Anung

Un Rama
Watching them play Titanfall makes me want to boot it up. I got the deluxe edition with the season pass on X1 for a tenner (lol bomba) but havn't played it yet.

PBalfredo

I never played Mechwarrior 2 back in the day, but their video makes me wish I did. I'm totally picking up what Woolie is putting down about old school PC combat sims that take full use of the keyboard. I've been getting back into the old Star Wars space sims that were my jam back in the day. Woolie even name dropped X-Wing Vs. TIE Fighter here, so he knows what's up.

etrain911

The Madworld LP is killing me. Where are the wiimotes at? Otherwise, I'm totally hyped for Mechweek! I hope steambot chronicles shows up.

Top Bottom