• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

"Man it sucks I missed those material cards"

OH WAIT NO, NO I DIDN'T RADICAL. Wow damn I could've had these already. I'm stupid. Well that's what I'm doing tomorrow.

Still better than Lone Prayer as a battle theme.

I really REALLY hate Lone Prayer as a battle theme.
Live is very manly
The spirit instead of conciseness
I'm just 1 player
Keep letting all the cold facts
The hatred is full just don't stop
I've seen him way under
The weapons all I sent you

Oh my god he's baked! Hearing me burn
Tokete yuku
Crossed a mile wearing black
Ready for him to know it

Oh my god he's baked! Hearing me burn
Just to let you down
My last plane with no one, my last limpy pilar!
And for anyone wondering if the whole OST is gonna be meh Track 4 is pretty fucking amazing.
I really really like that bassy opening, the rest has to grow on me.

I never really thought Xenoblade's original battle theme was that good. It sounds like a lesser Radiant Historia.

However, the battle theme
on mechonis
is fucking amazing. Then again the whole OST got a lot better during that part of the game.

Yup. Lone Prayer still worse.
I actually really like it, but I get why people could find it grating. Here's the real lyrics
"Lived in buried memory,
With fear-ridden self-consciousness,
I'm just a Lone Prayer!"

"Keep running on the cold track,
The hate-crazed thoughts just don't stop -
As if dream awakes from the dark, the world deletes all I said to you!"

"Overwrite this pain tearing me apart
(Toko de iku) Frozen mind, ray of light,
Ready for a trip to nowhere."

"Overwrite this pain tearing me apart,
(Yasurai ta) My last pray with no aim, my last -
Let me feel alive!"

...Christ, that MT sure was one big tribute to the Devastator from Armored Core 1...and I took it down by myself, no consorts needed...

So glad I got the Moonlight Blade for doing so. There was one more hidden part in that mission, but I was not gonna go looking for it while that fucker rained missiles on me.

ALSO FUCK YES, PROMOTED TO S RANK!! Top of the class Raven, mother fuckers!

Armored Core 3's so good, you guys.

DS2: SotFS spoilers

So finally beat DS2 after the Scholar update. Killed Aldia and got the new ending. Not a big fan of that boss fight or the new ending really. However i like the new Credits song that played before the old one popped in.

However, unless they get Yuki Kajura back on the series, none of the Xeno games will ever have a soundtrack as good as Xenosaga III's OST.

Mitsuda, Shimamura, Sawano, etc. All great composers, but not even remotely near the level of Kajura.

I never played Xenosaga after the first one. It felt like the game was full of 2 hour cutscenes.

Yeah, Xenosaga 1 is mediocre and 2 is pretty bad. Xenosaga 1 has some of the most atrocious pacing I've seen in a game. So glad Xenosaga 3 managed to actually, not only fix that, but make the long cutscenes super interesting with good voice acting.

IT's not that it's the worst
It's that's it's so much shittier than it's predecessor
and that it;s the goddamn main battle theme.
If it was an alternate than sure, but fuck.

Fair enough. I haven't played Xenoblade so I don't know what the battle theme sounds like.
Still... its really annoying as a battle theme. I dunno why I dislike it and like mass destruction and P4's.

A lot of people seem to dislike it. Not sure why. I think it's alright. Wiping All Out is still the GOAT.

DS2: SotFS spoilers

So finally beat DS2 after the Scholar update. Killed Aldia and got the new ending. Not a big fan of that boss fight or the new ending really. However i like the new Credits song that played before the old one popped in.

The new boss is terrible, and the ending is more nothing than the original. It's fine tho.

Jenny death and Asunder, Sweet and Other Distress come out on the same day

anigif_enhanced-29489-1407159049-4_preview.gif

bad battle track or not im sure we can all agree that X will be amazing

Agreed. This game looks so fucking good from every direct I've seen of it. And I have faith in Sawano and Takahashi to put out a great OST as well.

IT's not that it's the worst
It's that's it's so much shittier than it's predecessor
and that it;s the goddamn main battle theme.
If it was an alternate than sure, but fuck.

Mechanical Rhythm or the regular battle theme? Because the regular battle theme is meh, especially after hearing it for so long.

Mechanical Rhythm kicks some serious ass.

DS2 is still great to me. Just less great than DS1.

I beat both recently again, so I really don't have much to do right now...

Don't get me wrong. I have 160 hours of DS2 on Steam, with probably another 70 on the PS3 version. I played the shit out of it. But that doesn't compare with the 300+ hours i have in DS1 in about the same time frame of a year.

Top Bottom