• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

semisonic

Banned
Agreed. This game looks so fucking good from every direct I've seen of it. And I have faith in Sawano and Takahashi to put out a great OST as well.

Mechanical Rhythm or the regular battle theme? Because the regular battle theme is meh, especially after hearing it for so long.

Mechanical Rhythm kicks some serious ass.
You;re damn right it does. Though both are better than the new one. If it was without the rap section, it would be at least on par with the old main one
Fair enough. I haven't played Xenoblade so I don't know what the battle theme sounds like.

A lot of people seem to dislike it. Not sure why. I think it's alright. Wiping All Out is still the GOAT.
There's two. Mechanical Rhythm, which is dabes and is probably my favorite hype up song this generation, and Time to Fight, which is okay, but not great

Have you been keeping yourself spoiler free? I accidentally looked at unconfirmed Covenant reports and one of them is the fucking best.

oh thank god, i was worried covenants werent returning
those guarantee my playthrough will be different from Pats
also gotta watch the LP so i know where the Scythe is when i play it in June

sjay1994

If lets players lived together
tumblr_nl996fp6KY1qdget6o1_r5_500.png

tumblr_nl996fp6KY1qdget6o2_r5_500.png

You know...given how the late game of Armored Core 3 started to get progressively more fuck hard, that final mission was kinda underwhelming in terms of challenge. A bit of a callback to AC1's final mission with ascending tall vertical shafts and destroying an AI at the end, which is both good and bad in its own right (climbing those shafts in AC1 was WAY harder than it was here).

Still, pretty good ending following that. Now all there's left is the rest of the Arena and post game content. At least now I know that LPing this game in the future is possible because I actually made it to the credits for one. Of course, the other games before that come first.

Hell of a title, From Soft. You were the fucking kings of mecha games in the PS2 days.

360pages

I thought going a balanced build would work in Xenoverse, but instead of being decent at everything I'm just awful at everything. On my next 3-4 Level ups I should probably focus on 4 stats instead of all of them.

You;re damn right it does. Though both are better than the new one. If it was without the rap section, it would be at least on par with the old main one

There's two. Mechanical Rhythm, which is dabes and is probably my favorite hype up song this generation, and Time to Fight, which is okay, but not great

Why the hell couldn't they have made unfinished battle the main battle theme when its so fucking good. WHY DOES THIS SONG ONLY PLAY LIKE ONCE IN THE GAME.

Pokemon spoiler (cant believe I actually have to put spoilers for a pokemon game)
"sins of the past" again....never thought id see that in a pokemon game...I love this fuck you jack ORAS is amazing.

Ants

If someone gets a chance, what is Liam saying at ~29:30 of the podcast? It sounds like "I can't stand ___________ either."

I agree. The OST is fucking fantastic. If the n3DS XL version has a music box, it would be worth buying just for the OST alone. Ace+, Shimomura (for the most part), and Kiyota especially did a fantastic job on the soundtrack. On the fallen arm (night) is probably my favorite song in the entire game.

Rean

If someone gets a chance, what is Liam saying at ~29:30 of the podcast? It sounds like "I can't stand ___________ either."
I think he says "I can't stand playing it either."

I love N+. I didn't have any problems with the movement at all.

Ants

I think he says "I can't stand playing it either."

I love N+. I didn't have any problems with the movement at all.

That seems like it matches up. I appreciate it, thanks.

I couldn't get into N+. It just feels like a game I should get for free on Kongregate or Newgrounds. It's okay, but not phenomenal.

That seems like it matches up. I appreciate it, thanks.

I couldn't get into N+. It just feels like a game I should get for free on Kongregate or Newgrounds. It's okay, but not phenomenal.

Well, N+ was originally a free game, but it was just called N. I remember lots of people used to play it the computer lab.

Top Bottom