• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

360pages

The lack of damage of that kind of build was going to harm you the most. Might want to focus on even fewer than 4, or like, have 2 main stats and then 2 others that you put points into once in a while.

As an example, this is my Majin's build right now, and had I the dragonballs, I would probably ask for a respec to get points off Ki and blast supers. I can (and do) still absolutely wreck face in PvP and handle myself in PQs just fine but there's room for improvement

I'm only at level 32, so I can probably fix anything at the current moment. It's just the main game is getting harder, though I'm probably under leveled and some shit. Since I'm at the Buu Saga.

Nordicus

Oh man, Jitsu wa Watashi wa's latest chapter is some absolutely wonderful cringe, I lost it right at the title page. I don't think the anime adaptation will get this far during the first season, but seeing that laugh animated would make for amazing .gifs. Competition for the Gintama laugh
hjpRsAX.jpg
Weio8Uf.jpg
Still need to play that game

But la noire
Wow, that is the first and likely last time I'll ever see these words said. The 8th wonder of the world
I'm only at level 32, so I can probably fix anything at the current moment. It's just the main game is getting harder, though I'm probably under leveled and some shit. Since I'm at the Buu Saga.
Maybe a little underleveled, but since you're at Buu Saga, I reckon you're bit stuck at the 1v5 Majin Buu fight. Try not to stay still for too long, the AI in this game is usually a little bad at catching up when you're slowly gliding away and kiting it. If you want Ki for your supers, attempt Just Guards on the ki blasts thrown at you, it's relatively riskless

Oh man, Jitsu wa Watashi wa's latest chapter is some absolutely wonderful cringe, I lost it right at the title page. I don't think the anime adaptation will get this far during the first season, but seeing that laugh animated would make for amazing .gifs. Competition for the Gintama laugh
Wow, that is the first and likely last time I'll ever see these words said. The 8th wonder of the world
Maybe a little underleveled, but since you're at Buu Saga, I reckon you're bit stuck at the 1v5 Majin Buu fight. Try not to stay still for too long, the AI in this game is usually a little bad at catching up when you're slowly gliding away and kiting it. If you want Ki for your supers, attempt Just Guards on the ki blasts thrown at you, it's relatively riskless

I like l a noire too much man. Fucking dream game
It terms of those, LA Noire< Heavy Rain I feel.
Heavy Rain is the kinda stupid crazy thing that's a real trip no matter how you slice it, while Noire is a little too sober for it's own good.
I like heavy rain too but I wouldn't call it that.

360pages

Actually just beated that fight. The small buus were annoying to kill, but they weren't doing enough damage to me fo me to really be harmed. Actually, I was regenerating health faster than they could damage me most of the time.

But I am not too full of myself to not realize that I probably need higher attack power to end fights faster.

Nordicus

Actually just beated that fight. The small buus were annoying to kill, but they weren't doing enough damage to me fo me to really be harmed. Actually, I was regenerating health faster than they could damage me most of the time.

But I am not too full of myself to not realize that I probably need higher attack power to end fights faster.
Aah good, then there's only really one more fight anymore that could stop you from beating the main story at this point. Other ones are either easy or not all that bad thanks to healing items

So here's something i can relate to so fucking much from the questions section of the podcast.

When Pat is talking about watching the making of Gears of War 2 and how the artist was talking about how its incredibly difficult to get players to look where you want them to look. When my senior project team took our Game to a Pre-Pax East event a week and a half ago, No one seemed to be able to find where the chimney was where we had placed a key. The players would leave the cabin they start it, go out to the first Bonfire and read a note laying on a dead guy, they would then spend like a few minutes looking for a chimney and then giving up when not finding it. THE CHIMNEY IS ATTACHED TO THE CABIN. It was the most frustrating thing i have ever witnessed.

Just finished the Delta Episode....god damn that was hype....I think....I think I like this version of Ruby more than the original...I still dunno if I like it more than emerald though...maybe...yes I think I do....I mean sure it was a fucking easy game but it was a fun game and I loved almost every second of it....minus the time I took to super train my gradevoir and blaziken.

it end with riding a dragon into space to blow up an asteroid only to find out after you blow up the meteor you have to fight an alien pokemone in space!!! So hype!!!
Also it feels nice to have something resembling a romance, a super cute one too. Man fuck system limitations, I wanted them to scootch closer together and hold hands or something!

Nordicus

So here's something i can relate to so fucking much from the questions section of the podcast.

When Pat is talking about watching the making of Gears of War 2 and how the artist was talking about how its incredibly difficult to get players to look where you want them to look. When my senior project team took our Game to a Pre-Pax East event a week and a half ago, No one seemed to be able to find where the chimney was where we had placed a key. The players would leave the cabin they start it, go out to the first Bonfire and read a note laying on a dead guy, they would then spend like a few minutes looking for a chimney and then giving up when not finding it. THE CHIMNEY IS ATTACHED TO THE CABIN. It was the most frustrating thing i have ever witnessed.
"A 'chimney', eh? Isn't that a rare pokemon?"

I thought there would be more technological hacking and right now I
was granted a vision quest mission my a demon/spirit wolf thing from a PC.
But Soul is in the name tho
Screw you Pat vanilla ice Cream 4life.
Ew
People forget really obvious things when they're getting chased by shit that can kill them, or just chased in general. Basically while under pressure.

Skrams

Screw you Pat vanilla ice Cream 4life.

I kind of doubt Pat even knows what ice cream is considering he had no idea what a Ben and Jerry's was last week despite it being right outside his apartment. He's probably just faked it his whole life based off other peoples comments.

Also I guess I need to play/finish Hotline Miami 2 since I don't want to hear the song before hearing it in the game.

SteveTR

I kind of doubt Pat even knows what ice cream is considering he had no idea what a Ben and Jerry's was last week despite it being right outside his apartment. He's probably just faked it his whole life based off other peoples comments.

I guess Pat is an even bigger fraud than we thought.

Ants

You joke now but one day it probably will be! Man fuck pokemon that are just things,fuck magnamite, fuck key thing, fuck the ice cream, fuck voltorb, fuck any pokemon thats just an object.

I'm ok with Voltorb and to a lesser extent Magnemite (and Grimer) because for those Pokémon, there is lore supporting them (and it's actually super interesting if you read all the Pokédex entries and connect some dots). Basically what it amounts to is that the moon's rays are some sort of weird energy that brought a ton of shit to life, including Grimer, Voltorbs, and Magnemites. The problem for me is that Klinklang and Klefki and such have no such justification.

Everyone needs to tweet at Woolie to watch Code Geass because Liam bringing it up several times on the podcast is killing me.
Also I guess I need to play/finish Hotline Miami 2 since I don't want to hear the song before hearing it in the game.
It's from "Death Wish" and I'd say the music spoilers do matter. My favorite level in the game.

Skrams

Everyone needs to tweet at Woolie to watch Code Geass because Liam bringing it up several times on the podcast is killing me.
It's from "Death Wish" and I'd say the music spoilers do matter. My favorite level in the game.

I'm a shit about spoilers and music spoilers are a thing to me even, so yeah, I'll just skip over it when I listen to the podcast later. It felt bad having different expectations for KLK based off listening to the OST early since it released halfway through the season. Mostly just for the Before My Body is Dry track though.

Also Code Geass is just one of those shows people bring up occasionally that I have on my list to watch, but just haven't. I don't feel rushed to get to it, but I should probably do it eventually.

I'm a shit about spoilers and music spoilers are a thing to me even, so yeah, I'll just skip over it when I listen to the podcast later. It felt bad having different expectations for KLK based off listening to the OST early since it released halfway through the season. Mostly just for the Before My Body is Dry track though.

Also Code Geass is just one of those shows people bring up occasionally that I have on my list to watch, but just haven't. I don't feel rushed to get to it, but I should probably do it eventually.
Music spoilers are kinda situational for me. Anything where the moment it kicks in is important is a bad spoiler. So like, Bloodborne boss themes I'm staying the fuck out of. RPGs I'm kinda lax on non-big boss themes. Reach Out To The Truth is hardly a music spoiler, but spoiling something like The Battle For Everyone's Souls would be awwwwfuuullll

I'd say it's just a fun show, lots of "oh shit" moments and despite some grating stuff it's something I think most people will enjoy for the ride at least.

Ants

so is the Hero's Shade actually OOT Link?
cause if so then that means Link has technically spoken in the series already

Yeah, absolutely.

Basically, in OoT, when you do the Biggoron Sword quest, there's a line where someone tells you that if anyone who comes into the forest will get lost, and anyone who gets lost will become a Stalfos. The extrapolation here is that OoT Link (or, more accurately, MM Link) gets lost in the Lost Woods, and, since he is not a Kokiri, but a Hylian, succumbs to the "curse" or whatever, and becomes a Stalfos. This Stalfos then is the one who teaches TP Link how to do cool rolls and parries and shit. I think this should also explain why he knows all the songs.

SteveTR

I came up with some music puns the other day.

I'm searching for a U2 song I would really like. I've listened to a lot of their stuff but I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

I once stayed up all night listening to REO Speedwagon. It was one lonely night.

A lot of people dislike Depeche Mode's earlier stuff, but you know. People are people.

I'm going to that Pointer Sisters concert. I'm so excited.

Top Bottom