• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Then that's about 200 coins = 750 stars, which is fucking insane. Not only does the US store have more stuff, it's also infinitely cheaper.

The garbage polyester Mario hat is 4000 stars, which, if you convert it to coins, is just over 1000 coins, which would make it the most expensive item on the US CN shop by far.

Send an angry letter/email/phone call to NOE.

The US hasn't used Points cards in awhile. We have a US Dollar system now.

Emouse

In the past 10+ years I've managed to get enough stars for 3 things from the EU catalogue that weren't complete garbage

Zenfalcia

Then that's about 200 coins = 750 stars, which is fucking insane. Not only does the US store have more stuff, it's also infinitely cheaper.

The garbage polyester Mario hat is 4000 stars, which, if you convert it to coins, is just over 1000 (~1066 to be more specific) coins, which would make it the most expensive item on the US CN shop by far.
Well, when you put in that perspective. NOE is sidelined so hard compared to NOA. The majora's mask bag messenger is a steal compared to that, and it's only 800 coins.
So 60-70 coins = 250 stars. A digital game would be about 750 stars. I feel like that's a bloody steal.
A digital game as a reward?

mrmyhthef

Oh god the Stars Catalogue did get worse since the last time I checked.

That Mario hat tho... might as well have "kill me" captioned underneath it.

The most expensive item on the list is a yoshi backpack for 6500 stars. Can't be bothered to do the maths now but that's alot of coins and games wasted on such an item. I also find it hilarious how they are still selling Wii point cards, does anyone still use those?

The most expensive item on the list is a yoshi backpack for 6500 stars. Can't be bothered to do the maths now but that's alot of coins and games wasted on such an item. I also find it hilarious how they are still selling Wii point cards, does anyone still use those?

Not in NOA land. Not in NOJ.

Why the fuck are they still there?

In the past 10+ years I've managed to get enough stars for 3 things from the EU catalogue that weren't complete garbage
The best I got was the pikmin key chain for 2500 stars. I don't even remember the rest of the stuff I got.

A digital game as a reward?
The 200 coin downloadable games

Not in NOA land. Not in NOJ.

Why the fuck are they still there?
If they still have codes, why not just put it up to see if a a kid mistakes them for Wii u points me thinks.

Skrams

Also, long time lurker first time poster here, been around since thread 4 I think.

Hey there guy. You look like an alright guy because One Punch Man is cool. You'rehereforever.png or something.

Also Zenny, how bad are the Hotline Miami 2 spoilers in the podcast? This might be a podcast I hold off on listening to if they just don't give a fuck about what they say. I'll have to finish it later this week I guess since I'd rather play more Monster Hunter and try out the FF15 demo.

It's about 1560 - 1720 coins converted from 6500 stars.

Ah, okay.

Believe.

Off the top of my head it should be slightly short of 1750 coins.
There you go, damn my mental maths is horrendous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRAz51wDHDE
LIVING IN A LONELY WORLD!

Also, long time lurker first time poster here, been around since thread 4 I think.
Welcome! Enjoy your stay since you can never leave.

I kept up until around thread 12, then things start getting fuzzy. But I was literally there at Doktor Evil's Goatsy.

Yo, welcome to the something thread on GAF.
Eh, I'm used to shit posting. Honestly though you have any idea how to upload images as files? I'm used to /v/'s system and as you can tell I'm pretty new.

You can't upload files like you can on 4chan. If you want to post an image or gif you're going to have to use a hosting site like Imgur or Pomf.

Zenfalcia

Eh, I'm used to shit posting. Honestly though you have any idea how to upload images as files? I'm used to /v/'s system and as you can tell I'm pretty new.
You have to use urls in between IMG /IMG both in square brackets example "
"
Dang... I also don't know about swearing can we swear?
Yes, but no slurs used as insult.

SteveTR

Whine mode ACTIVATE:

Being a senior is fun. I'm totally enjoying all the running around I have to do just to wait in an empty room for thirty minutes.

If the games are not as bad as the CDi games, then yes Nintendo will be making monies.
It seems more like some kind of unified digital suite that goes across Wii U, 3DS, the new Hardware, and laptops/tablets/phones.

If that means that games are just straight up cross buy on multiple platforms that'd be kinda crazy, but I'm probably getting ahead of myself with those thoughts.

360pages

Found out I have a 5 hour shift instead of my usual 4 on Wednesday. And 2 call ins, also hey everyone.

I need to watch the Podcast as well.

Skrams

So I saw some people commenting on it, but that Nintendo news hardly seems bad.

It's not that bad. It seems like what would happen already from what they've said before. They'll put out some shitty apps like a Pokemon Shuffle and they'll hope that those help bring people into the Nintendo family. Then they move on to the 3DS or Wii U or whatever their plan is. Also we're getting something that looks like an account system with something like cross-save and cross-play I think?

Also I just got a Earth Dragongem from my first kill off Dah'ren Moh'ran. It's supposed to have a 3% or something drop rate. Everyone talks about gems with later hunting so now I'm wondering if I'm that asshole who got super lucky on his first try. Also Dah'ren Moh'ran is a weird fight.

You swore!

Reposting in case you didn't see, but how bad are the Hotline Miami 2 spoilers in the podcast. I'll hold off if they just don't give a fuck about spoiling anything minor-majorish.

Also jesus christ this first chapter in Rikudo.

Zenfalcia

Reposting in case you didn't see, but how bad are the Hotline Miami 2 spoilers in the podcast. I'll hold off if they just don't give a fuck about spoiling anything minor-majorish.
Problem is I haven't played the game, and don't know how big these spoilers are. There are spoilers that's all I can say. It's not long just about 5 minutes or so. Want me to try to find the time stamp?

Skrams

Problem is I haven't played the game, and don't know how big these spoilers are. There are spoilers that's all I can say. It's not long just about 5 minutes or so. Want me to try to find the time stamp?

Nah, it's fine. I'll just make sure to be careful when I listen to it if I don't finish Hotline Miami 2 before then.

Since they teamed up with another company to do it, I see it as Ninty farming out their IPs while their core staff keep doing what they were already doing.

Top Bottom