• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Zenfalcia

True Best Frienders take selfies.
I am a true frauder then.
Who would want to be a dirty cheater?
:V
4CKC2Dq.jpg
I don't know where I'm going with this.
You know, Zen, we truly are the super best friends play.

Sorry, somebody had to do it.
We truly are.

Unfortunately I am at work, and I would not like to get in trouble for a dumb selfie, so you aren't able to see my beautiful face in my tiger striped ABUs.

Cos he is the most honest.
There were times where i thought he was gonna fight Woolie during the podcast for real.
The moment in the newest where they all give up after asking the question and Woolie keeps talking over him had me laughing like Woolie over Arcana Heart.
Unfortunately I am at work, and I would not like to get in trouble for a dumb selfie, so you aren't able to see my beautiful face in my tiger striped ABUs.
</3

Numb

TYPE-0 looks really hype for a PSP game.
Too bad it costs 80 DOLLARS!! at my gamestop.
All new games cost that much actually.
Now you understand why the library is so amazing

Xiraiya

Cos he is the most honest.
There were times where i thought he was gonna fight Woolie during the podcast for real.

He IS the most honest, with Liam close behind, even though Liam tends to be purposely contrary, he still has a lot of moments of just being like "Oh well that's how I see it" I respect them both for that.

Woolie and Matt, more so Woolie I think, tend to have moments of being less honest because they want to save face for one reason or another, I think Woolie feels like he needs to be the really cool smooth guy, and I just think "Fuck off, you're rarely actually either of those things, just be you, it's way better"

Numb

Are your games region locked? Wouldn't it be cheaper to import?

They are not region locked so i import alot.
Thats why my Arena salt was extra salty.
But after you import you cannot sell those games which i usually do.
I am stuck with the God of war collection still. I lost one of the discs and i dont care

Ants

He IS the most honest, with Liam close behind, even though Liam tends to be purposely contrary, he still has a lot of moments of just being like "Oh well that's how I see it"

Woolie and Matt, more so Woolie I think, tend to have moments of being less honest because they want to save face for one reason or another, I think Woolie feels like he needs to be the really cool smooth guy, and I just think "Fuck off, you're rarely actually either of those things, just be you, it's way better"

It's weird how working on the recommendations doc has made that sort of thing pretty clear to me. Liam seems really averse to inserting a negative opinion of something unless it's particularly bad. "It's alright" is effectively his catchphase.

Matt and Woolie have strong passion about certain things, and really, really feel strongly about them, but they rarely commit to a controversial opinion. They'll do it, sometimes, but nowhere near with the frequency of Pat.

Also, all of them regurgitate GAF stuff as their opinions extremely commonly.

I don't like either of those things.

Smoke some crack.

They are not region locked so i import alot.
Thats why my Arena salt was extra salty.
But after you import you cannot sell those games which i usually do.
I am stuck with the God of war collection still. I lost one of the discs and i dont care

I can't imagine Sweden not having a decent secondhand games option.

Numb

He IS the most honest, with Liam close behind, even though Liam tends to be purposely contrary, he still has a lot of moments of just being like "Oh well that's how I see it" I respect them both for that.

I respect Liam the most.
He plays so many games even though he is the youngest and is so informed about them every week.
There are games that we label them with that are unique to each member but Liam has also played them and can have a convesation with them about it.

It's weird how working on the recommendations doc has made that sort of thing pretty clear to me. Liam seems really averse to inserting a negative opinion of something unless it's particularly bad. "It's alright" is effectively his catchphase.

Matt and Woolie have strong passion about certain things, and really, really feel strongly about them, but they rarely commit to a controversial opinion. They'll do it, sometimes, but nowhere near with the frequency of Pat.

Also, all of them regurgitate GAF stuff as their opinions extremely commonly.

That is their biggest sin: They treat GAF as the be all end all of video game news.
I think if they decide to dive in the realm of journalism at any point, that needs to be a habit broken quickly.

Liam, if you're reading this, don't be a contrarian for contrarian sakes. Give a forthcoming assessment and qualify that opinion.

Yooo, you just revealed your secret identity spidy!
Here's mine, with short hair.

I'm not Peter Parker. I'm more like Miles Morales.

I respect Liam the most.
He plays so many games even though he is the youngest and is so informed about them every week.
There are games that we label them with that are unique to each member but Liam has also played them and can have a convesation with them about it.

I'd argue that his opinions can be half-baked most of the time.

Numb

I can't imagine Sweden not having a decent secondhand games option.

Gamestop basically came and drove everyone out. There used to be a GAME store and an EB games where gamestop is right now. Thankfully buying on sites is much much cheaper annd i can sell the games to gamestop. They are there so i can sell them shit.

croten

That is their biggest sin: They treat GAF as the be all end all of video game news.
I think if they decide to dive in the realm of journalism at any point, that needs to be a habit broken quickly.

Liam, if you're reading this, don't be a contrarian for contrarian sakes. Give a forthcoming assessment and qualify that opinion.

I'm not Peter Parker. I'm more like Miles Morales.

I don't think that they will. At least not anytime soon.

Xiraiya

Im still wicked Salty about them Shitting on Banjo-Kazooie in the podcast
I never really understood the hype about it, It was fine on the N64 but when I played through it I just thought it was okay, then I found out it was kind of revered and I was like "What, really?"

Ants

This I don't actually agree with, much. He'll say "it's alright" or "it's fine" which is more or less a neutral opinion (its own problem when it's too common) that I would say doesn't obligate any justification. But if he ever says "it's good" or "it's bad", he usually gives more detail. Pat does it the most off-the-cuff, but Liam goes into huge detail when he has the floor on the podcast or in a video. I've actually really appreciated it because I love inserting notes to give a more cohesive breakdown of why something is good/bad.

I should do the statistical breakdown of the document like I was going to when I released it, I think it'd be interesting.

Im still wicked Salty about them Shitting on Banjo-Kazooie in the podcast

Deservedly so.

I went back to BK1 and lemme tell you, it's not any more fun as a collectathon once the nostalgia wears off.

This I don't actually agree with, much. He'll say "it's alright" or "it's fine" which is more or less a neutral opinion (its own problem when it's too common) that I would say doesn't obligate any justification. But if he ever says "it's good" or "it's bad", he usually gives more detail. Pat does it the most off-the-cuff, but Liam goes into huge detail when he has the floor on the podcast or in a video. I've actually really appreciated it because I love inserting notes to give a more cohesive breakdown of why something is good/bad.

I should do the statistical breakdown of the document like I was going to when I released it, I think it'd be interesting.

I don't like wishy washy opinions though. I appreciate when he goes into details about currently playing games. He'll pick up on details I would miss.

360pages

I should probably play more Xenoverse once I get home. I didn't think the game would honestly take this long for me to complete.

360pages

Deservedly so.

I went back to BK1 and lemme tell you, it's not any more fun as a collectathon once the nostalgia wears off.

Okay, no way,even I can see that it did a lot more interesting and handled the system overall better than most. At most I'd say they have to just lower the amount to get to the true final boss/ending.

Top Bottom