• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Armaly

Finally got around to doing a test print.

aY6FQHQ.jpg

What do you guys think? I'll take a better pic when I get home.

Ants

Banjo 2 blows Banjo 1 out of the water. Banjo 1 is pretty unremarkable, but Banjo 2 is the king of collectathon nonsense.

Xiraiya

Ah, okay. I never played it back then.

My cousin got it and completed it and enjoyed it, so I borrowed it and played through a good portion of it, I mean I didn't dislike it, nothing about it sucked me in, so I don't think I ever finished it.

But then Conker came out later riiiiight at the end of the N64's life and that was fan-fucking-tastic.

What a dumb but great treat that game was.

Xiraiya

So does it have the depth of budokai tenkaichi 3? Cause I became an expert at that game and those cancels and options are some of the most fun I've had with my ps2.

It's hard to say, I never played Tenkaichi and I haven't played Budokai in a loooooong time, but it has a lot of good bits of depth and tricks you can pull off.

360pages

My only problem with Conker is that it can get a bit spastic near the later half of the game. Though that does make the game feel like more of an adventure than most adventure games.

Though the gameplay tends to go all over the place and range from quality. Though I will say both it and its remake has aged amazingly

My cousin got it and completed it and enjoyed it, so I borrowed it and played through a good portion of it, I mean I didn't dislike it, nothing about it sucked me in, so I don't think I ever finished it.

But then Conker came out later riiiiight at the end of the N64's life and that was fan-fucking-tastic.

What a dumb but great treat that game was.
Oh man, conker. That game was so awesome. Even more so because I wasn't supposed to play it. It really sucks we'll never get another one.

360pages

So does it have the depth of budokai tenkaichi 3? Cause I became an expert at that game and those cancels and options are some of the most fun I've had with my ps2.

The depth is a different kind. There are about 3 different combos for each character and it's important on how you follow things up.

But it's very much a layout game. With what equipment and build you are running being really important. I'd more liken it to a competitive Monster Hunter game with stats what not that a pure fighting game.

Ergo, how you build your character is super important.

Ants

I only played Budokai Tenkaichi rarely at a cousin's house but I played Budokai 1/2 religiously. Those were great licensed fighters. I wouldn't say there was a huge amount of balance or competitive depth to them (maybe this changed) but boy did it get the feel right, and they put a ton of effort into them.

I enjoyed the Babadi gimmick modes a fair bit in 2. The one where your meter and your HP are one and the same was really interesting.

Xiraiya

The depth is a different kind. There are about 3 different combos for each character and it's important on how you follow things up.

But it's very much a layout game. With what equipment and build you are running being really important. I'd more liken it to a competitive Monster Hunter game with stats what not that a pure fighting game.

You can do Jump Cancels and Step Cancels, then people discovered that with the right timing you can achieve Meterless Vanish.

Not even slightly
That makes me sad. Dragon dash, follow up smash, interrupting your combo with solar flare so you could smash straight up and hellzone grenade, using wild sense on a kamehameha so you could do a sneaky final flash at max power... That game was rad.

360pages

That makes me sad. Dragon dash, follow up smash, interrupting your combo with solar flare so you could smash straight up and hellzone grenade, using wild sense on a kamehameha so you could do a sneaky final flash at max power... That game was rad.

Beam attacks got a huge upgrade in the game, mostly because they all function differently. I haven't play online yet though so I might try that today.

My only problem with Conker is that it can get a bit spastic near the later half of the game. Though that does make the game feel like more of an adventure than most adventure games.

Though the gameplay tends to go all over the place and range from quality. Though I will say both it and its remake has aged amazingly

That adult potty humor has made that game age much better.

Xiraiya

Read my post above, there's plenty you can do if you pay enough attention to the game, and there's a huge array of skills you can equip.

Top Bottom