• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Numb

Vita posted a screenshot of him remote playing it on his Liam on twitter

giphy.gif

Emouse

So I happend to pass a used game store earlier and pick these up:

I also got garbage MK Deadly Alliance which happens to be a french copy, all for £13, not bad

I really like that box art for Hyper SF2 as well

Getting hyped for it.
Wondering what Mech fighting game they will do for FNF.
It better not be a scrublords this week

So much hype. And I love me some real robots too so that's even better. I hope is for Front Mission 5(HA!) and Steel Battalion(not for FNF of course, just at some point this week). I'm not quite sure which one would be harder for them to get... actually since they don't seem to care about emulating I guess getting the English version of FM5 won't be that hard.

Tusk is the Mariest Sue. I don't mind him as a character, I actually thought he was pretty likable, he just has no place in my lesbian dragon killer mech show.

Vivian best girl. Hilda best girl. Ange is like, five goddamn different characters.

Show's fun.

semisonic

Banned
Yeah it's a fantastic game.

I replayed them on the 360 a few years ago and it still holds up perfectly.
This is true. Especially Tooie.
I'd say nostalgia has a fair deal to do with it.
I would disagree vehemently with this. As someone who makes it his business to replay the games every two years, I think I can safely say that they hold up pretty fucking well. There's a lot of charm there, the music and controls are good, and the level variety is strong and the mission objectives well made.

But then again collectathons are my favorite kind of game, bar none. Except maybe srpgs.
Okay, no way,even I can see that it did a lot more interesting and handled the system overall better than most. At most I'd say they have to just lower the amount to get to the true final boss/ending.
Yeah, you do need a lot of shit. But I feel like collecting is largely the point of that game. For example, the thing where after every death you need to recollect the notes again. It forces you to learn the map and locations, which is just fine by me. It also means I can just go back and completely redo a level whenever I want.
Banjo 2 blows Banjo 1 out of the water. Banjo 1 is pretty unremarkable, but Banjo 2 is the king of collectathon nonsense.
I maybe wouldn't call it unremarkable, but it's not super easy to go back to kazooie after you've played tooie. There were just so many improvements to the controls and with the moves you can do, not to mention the level design. It's a much more complex game than the barebones simplicity of kazooie, but they also cleaned up a good amount of the collecting by putting notes inside of nests.

Witchyworld is one of my favorite levels in any game to this day.
My cousin got it and completed it and enjoyed it, so I borrowed it and played through a good portion of it, I mean I didn't dislike it, nothing about it sucked me in, so I don't think I ever finished it.

But then Conker came out later riiiiight at the end of the N64's life and that was fan-fucking-tastic.

What a dumb but great treat that game was.
I really wanted to love conker. It was a lot of fun for those first few worlds, though I feel the jokes and charm have held up muuuuuch better than the game mechanics. But then I got to that prehistoric bar and wandered around for like an hour and a half before I figured out what to do, and then I had to deal with the drunk controls for another 30 minutes. At which point it was far from funny, and mostly a pain in the ass.
That fucking bat level just made me quit entirely. Fuck that level.

Chris_IWS

So I happend to pass a used game store earlier and pick these up:

I also got garbage MK Deadly Alliance which happens to be a french copy, all for £13, not bad

I really like that box art for Hyper SF2 as well

Can you confirm soemthing for me please? I had the PS2 version of Hyper back in the day, sold it and got the XBox double pack of Hyper and 3rd Strike later. The XBox version of the SFII animated movie is the censored American version with curses removed and the Chun Li shower scene cut down, but I remember the PS2 version being uncensored and uncut. Am I remembering correctly?

Oh, and I'm also pretty sure the Euro version of CVS2 is 50Hz only on PS2. :(

Numb

So much hype. And I love me some real robots too so that's even better. I hope is for Front Mission 5(HA!) and Steel Battalion(not for FNF of course, just at some point this week). I'm not quite sure which one would be harder for them to get... actually since they don't seem to care about emulating I guess getting the English version of FM5 won't be that hard.

This only proves it shoulda been mecha month. It even rolls off the tongue better.
Mecha month.MM. YES

Skrams

If no one has said it by now then I'll say it. If a Sakura Wars game with Liam doesn't happen then what the fuck. That's the most anime mecha thing I can think of off the top of my head so it has to happen.

Is Cross Ange done, then? Because that sounds like prime instasync material

I think there's still one episode left to air.

Honestly, not sure how well it would work. I mean, the horrible death and everything is pretty funny, but overall it's much more of just a standard-ass anime than SAO was.

I'm really thinking that it will be a more unknown mech fight game.
We doing a week like usual?
Pacific Rim confirmed for FNF, or SNS depending on who you ask.
They already played it tho
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=996884
Could we use this as an excuse to bug Woolie on twitter?

I fucking love this series, he really should watch it.
Fuck me I feel old
skLa has been having an avatar bet every week the past 3 or 4 weeks that it'll be Ultimax.

It's been like 5 weeks

Top Bottom