• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Nintendo finally caved and is lending their IPs to smartphone games.
Nintendo's Satoru Iwata announced the company's capital and business alliance with mobile game developer DeNA on Tuesday at a press conference.

As part of the alliance, Nintendo will lend its IP to DeNA in order to create new smartphone games, as opposed to ports of Wii U or Nintendo 3DS games. Nintendo's goal by allowing the use of its IP is to create games that consumers can enjoy. Iwata added that no IP is off limits from this collaboration, so any IP might be used to produce a smartphone game. He also noted that as opposed to a game that is a finished product, smartphone games need constant service, hence combined effort will be necessary to operate them.

DeNA and Nintendo are also currently developing a new membership service that can be used with the Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, the newly-announced system NX, smartphones, PC, and tablets. The membership service is scheduled to begin this fall.

If no one has said it by now then I'll say it. If a Sakura Wars game with Liam doesn't happen then what the fuck. That's the most anime mecha thing I can think of off the top of my head so it has to happen.

Didn't we only get the PS2 game? It's a bad visual novel for like, two hours before it becomes a mediocre strategy RPG. I think the characters are actually too likable to make for any real comedy to be gained from it.

latest

Best girl.

Emouse

Can you confirm soemthing for me please? I had the PS2 version of Hyper back in the day, sold it and got the XBox double pack of Hyper and 3rd Strike later. The XBox version of the SFII animated movie is the censored American version with curses removed and the Chun Li shower scene cut down, but I remember the PS2 version being uncensored and uncut. Am I remembering correctly?

Oh, and I'm also pretty sure the Euro version of CVS2 is 50Hz only on PS2. :(

Not 100% sure about the Chun Li scene but I just watched Blarog and Honda roll of a cliff yelling "oh shit" so it could be the version you're talking about, and yea CvS2 gives you no 60hz option so I assume it's 50 only, but hey that's why we got the PSN version ay

Top Bottom