• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Shackzam

Oh god, this idea cuts deep
Enemies like never drop them and there's no refill station ohgodwhy

it has to be a random gatchapon generator to get parts. so that you have to keep putting money in in the hopes of getting something decent.
It's perfect
GIF-Light-Yagami-s-Evil-Laugh-Death-Note-anime-35890756-320-180.gif

Stop overreacting!!

Ninty doing mobile was inevitable, I hope you all see that.

As long as it's off brand IPs or non-canon titles, good for them.

They stand to wipe out the shit tier mobile games like flappy bird.

Stop overreacting!!

That won't happen. The mobile market is a lottery. It doesn't matter how good the game is.

Oberon

Banned
Stop overreacting!!

What? They're really doing this?!
I think I am going to throw up...

That won't happen. The mobile market is a lottery. It doesn't matter how good the game is.

Square-Enix and Capcpom are all pursuing mobile strategies in Japan.

I think Ninty will be just fine.

It'll probably bolster the quality of games in the US once they do US Mobile games.

semisonic

Banned
Square-Enix and Capcpom are all pursuing mobile strategies in Japan.

I think Ninty will be just fine.

It'll probably bolster the quality of games in the US once they do US Mobile games.
Yeah, and look how that's going for them.
The answer is pretty poorly. Maybe not for square enix but certainly for capcom
wut

Yeah, and look how that's going for them.
The answer is pretty poorly.

wut

SE is now alive thanks to mobile. Capcom expects the same for their IP library.

Ninty is just dipping their toes into mobile.

And yes, once Nintendo enters the US mobile market, all of the smaller fish will be scared from making games. If that means fewer Flappy Bird games, I'm all for it.

I want a reason to play mobile games. Ninty might give me a reason to buy one or two.

Stop overreacting!!

It's just weird to me, I thought they wouldn't have caved. Oh well I guess as long as they aren't doing it internally

semisonic

Banned

And yes, once Nintendo enters the US mobile market, all of the smaller fish will be scared from making games. If that means fewer Flappy Bird games, I'm all for it.

I want a reason to play mobile games. Ninty might give me a reason to buy one or two.

I fixed my post for square enix. But as for capcom, key word is expects.

And oooooh. That's what you meant. No, I still disagree. If we're lucky, it'll scare off a bunch of those guys that just advertise being pokemon for mobile, but people will always see the appeal of easy money. Especially when consumers realize that their new mayro on mobile is not what they thought it was going to be.

So your saying Nintendo will filter out all those shitty mobile games and in it's place will be (hopefully) good ones?

Hmm, how would you guys feel if by some miracle that Nintendo dominates the mobile market. (Humour me a bit)

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I fixed my post for square enix. But as for capcom, key word is expects.

And oooooh. That's what you meant. No, I still disagree. If we're lucky, it'll scare off a bunch of those guys that just advertise being pokemon for mobile, but people will always see the appeal of easy money. Especially when consumers realize that their new mayro on mobile is not what they thought it was going to be.

Shit, can you cut me an avatar of my main man Black Yamcha?

So your saying Nintendo will filter out all those shitty mobile games and in it's place will be (hopefully) good ones?

Hmm, how would you guys feel if by some miracle that Nintendo dominates the mobile market. (Humour me a bit)
I don't really care as long as we still get console/handheld games.

Right now, the mobile market is a wild west, where flashy and ostentatious games are pulling money out of people's pockets unfairly.

If Ninty gets in there, with their IP and name recognition, they can get people to pay 15-20 dollars for a mobile game. I believe this to be true.

The games themselves would have to step up and compete with nintendo branded games and actually provide value to the users.

360pages

Goddamn Xenoverse, either it's my internet or the matchmaking is a nightmare.

Though I guess that happens with matches that can hold up to 6 people.

Top Bottom