• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

demidar

That strongly depends on the situation. You don't have a lot of smaller spaces like in HM, so you often simply can't clear out a room by dashing in and melee-ing and throw shit at enemies to clear out the room. Because of the size of rooms, the amount of gun wielders walking around and the amount of glass walls, having to often rely on luring them to you cautiously can become a bit boring due to its slower pace.

Just went through what I think is the final flashback mission. Ooh boy that was not fun. Too many open spaces and glass windows.

The feel of dominating your final
tumblr_n7kh8heW491r4n69uo1_500.gif

What's everyone up to?

I personally think it's the greatest 2d platformer ever made. The range of motion, speed, and agility given to the player, on such a limited amount of control options is astounding, and the rapid fire nature of the game lends itself to me more.

It's certainly not for everyone.

I agree SMB is so fucking good. I have no idea how long I've been playing that thing. My PC copy that is signed by Edmund and Tommy is one of my most prized possessions

360pages

I personally think it's the greatest 2d platformer ever made. The range of motion, speed, and agility given to the player, on such a limited amount of control options is astounding, and the rapid fire nature of the game lends itself to me more.

It's certainly not for everyone.

I don't actually think I've played the best 2D platformer ever made, the closest was Sonic 3&K and maybe Rayman Legends and World, but even then I think those have some flaws in them.

Smash CD soundtrack arrived, this thing is so luxurious. Now how do I take the disks out? I feel like i'm going to snap the disk in half.

Emouse

Aw man Johnny Cage in MKX looks fuckin lame, and not the good kind of lame like in MK9, I'm dissapointed, at leat Cassie Cage looks cool tho

Emouse

I think he's alright. I just know I'm gonna get bodied by this sponsored Johnny cage player in Chicago now.

Moves and stuff look fine, its just his design, but I guess he's older now so it makes sense, I just like his super dumb MK9 appearance with his own name tatted across his chest like an asshole, game looks great tho can't wait till it's out

There's the PSP version you can always get... apparently its not as good though, idk why

A lot of PS1 remasters to PSP usually have issues involving severe load times/freezing/bad voice acting/etc. that usually weren't on the PS1.

Its a problem with Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth and Breath of Fire 3 and I assume Ape Escape is probably similar.

BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT I LIKE EVERYTHING FEELS GREAT.

Like I love the Glaive because of the stat boost and jump-at-any-time ability.

I love the switchblade because of how quickly you can swap between the two modes and how mobile you are.

I really like the chargeblade because in its normal stance, it's quick with some defense, and then you press a button to do a cool pose and unleash a monster of an attack!
Sns is awesome too. So are dual blades. Hell, I just switch weapons every hunt.

ultimax

Its probably the control scheme. It doesn't feel right without the twin sticks. I'll check it out later tho.
That shouldnt be a problem with the vita right? There have been some PSP games ive played on there where i was allowed to use the second stick for camera control
A lot of PS1 remasters to PSP usually have issues involving severe load times/freezing/bad voice acting/etc. that usually weren't on the PS1.

Its a problem with Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth and Breath of Fire 3 and I assume Ape Escape is probably similar.

I just hope that the soundtrack is the same ;~;

semisonic

Banned
Smile bomb is one of the greatest anime openings.

tumblr_nc2l6neP4C1rlo8c6o1_500.gif

Like I get that she's cool but jeez are you pushing botan hard this thread
Are you just Jman with hakusho now?
Also hi everyone, I just got done being sick. Fucking cons are the worst with that shit. By the way, great job redoing the op faultwil. That molyneux shit had me dying.

Top Bottom