• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

I remember liking Donkey Kong 64 so much that I made a card game based on it. It was actually kind of great.

I was super poor though, so I couldn't play that many games at that time. I remember really wanting Paper Mario but I couldn't afford it so I had to make cut out paper versions of all the Mario characters and act like I was playing the game.

Zenfalcia

Alright this is being made into a thing.

Xrd is the best Animu fighter, there I said it! I'm much better at Ultimax, and Kanji is my favorite character ever in a fighter, but Xrd is better!
Uniel is kinda crap, sadly.
Moe is the actual worst.
Revengeance was fun, but it's not goddamn canon.
Last of Us... is like 8/10
Infinite is better than Bioshock 1
Heavy Rain is okay!
And... I thought Ken Amada was a good character!
Is it contraversal opinions gaf now? Okay.

Man, seeing that Shogo episode of Mecha Week reminds me that there are a lot of old PC games that would benefit from higher res textures and maybe some higher poly models here and there.

But I didn't know that Monolith had plans for more Shogo. Just imagining what might've been if they'd delayed Shogo or come up with the idea when anime got big here in North America is a mindscrew. Holy shit, could you imagine a world without FEAR? Or one where Monolith was swapping between Shogo and FEAR every few years?

Skrams

Ooh, I just realized.

The only 3D platformers I liked as a kid were Sonic Adventure. I hated Mario 64 and Sunshine.

Absolutely disgusting and I hope you've fixed your opinions since then.

Also already said it before, but Banjo Kazooie is good and I didn't mind it being a collectathon when I played it a few years ago. Either you like platformers where you collect the things or you don't.

we do this like every 3 threads or so, I'm not that surprised

WHERE ARE YOU

He just finished the golden age.

Made it home, started downloading the Toukiden Kiwami demo, and am about to continue wrapping up AC3 post game content.

And of course more videos from the channel to watch.

ultimax

269740688_775627.gif

Saved forever. good job, friender

Wasn't tedious when i played it a few years ago. I think you're just a fucking hater.

Please, I played the fuck out of both games. My carts still have my 100% saves.
That still doesn't make the whole experience any less of an unstructured collectathon.
I don't like it in Assassin's Creed either, but the motivation to keep playing that series was at least wanting to know what happens to Desmond.

Mario 64 doesn't really feel like a collecthon. Feels a lot more structured and linear in comparison to Banjo's style of "here's a world, go collect everything."

I do like the writing in Conker, though I could imagine that stuff was mindblowing back in the day.

Yes, exactly. I appreciate the structure of the missions.

Happy Bursday.

Happy birthday!

2e9ee6f93ccd85b38118447acb8ffa361296936995_full.jpg

Such controversal opinions.

Kinky. You should read some of those unmentionables especially that unmentionable genre. ;)

i'll wish you a happy birthday when it's 12 for me.

Happy bursday, those are some good opinions.

UNiEL is so good that it didn't make into EVO this year. What an ah-mazing fighting game.
Happy Birthday.

Happy birthday.

Happy barthday

T-thanks guys. You guys r-rock.

Zenfalcia

Man, seeing that Shogo episode of Mecha Week reminds me that there are a lot of old PC games that would benefit from higher res textures and maybe some higher poly models here and there.

But I didn't know that Monolith had plans for more Shogo. Just imagining what might've been if they'd delayed Shogo or come up with the idea when anime got big here in North America is a mindscrew. Holy shit, could you imagine a world without FEAR? Or one where Monolith was swapping between Shogo and FEAR every few years?
I can imagine a world without FEAR since i've never played it.
Fuck Manami.
Just don't think of those last episodes, then it's okay!

-BlazBlue is the best fighting game.
-Halo 3 is the only good first person shooter.
-Avatar The Last Airbender and Korra are only pretty good.
-Mario 64 isn't great.
-I'm not that into Wind Waker after replaying it again.
-Cardcaptors is better than Sailor Moon.
-Resident Evil 5 is the best game of that generation.
-Sonic 3 is an awful, awful game with horrible, labyrinthine level design based around stopping your forward momentum.
-Sonic 1 is also kinda shit, except for Starlight Zone.
-Fuck & Knuckles too, though Knuckles is cool.
-The Genesis isn't a very good platform for videogames.
-The PSP is better than the DS.
-The Vita is better than the 3DS.
-The PSP Go is the greatest handheld system ever made.
-Snooki was hot when she was fat.

Griffith
is a piece of shit. I think that should tell you enough.

Also, as I told Skram, Casca's constantly used rapey bullshit sub-plot was not good.

Fantastic.
i suspected that you didn't like it from when you said you had problems with Casca's character yesterday. It does come up a lot and I can see how it is heavy handed and cheap but it fits the world, everyone gets raped in Berserk.

demidar

Yes and no.

There's nothing forcing you to collect things in AC games.

But… to get more information on the Desmond storyline, you HAVE to collect those collectables.

The next step is to put so many collectibles in the world so that it completely covers the map, forcing you to collect them to even see anything.

Zenfalcia

Wait, why do we hate Manami again?
She felt like the voice of the audience to me where she basically says this shit is disgusting at the end and fuck off if you think you can do this as if it's fine.
Did you watch season 2? Do you remember the last episodes?
All right, done with appeasing my older brother's Smash addiction. What do?
Uh.. backlog? Unless you have stuff like homework.

Wait, why do we hate Manami again?
She felt like the voice of the audience to me where she basically says this shit is disgusting at the end and fuck off if you think you can do this as if it's fine.

I don't remember all the details, but I remember reading something that said
she was the reason that Kirino and Kyouske relationship grew distant. The reason for doing this was that she liked Kyouske and she was jealous of Kirino being so close to him. That's why she said that it was weird for her to be so close to his brother. The funny thing is that this was a fruitless effort because it ended up causing them to fall in love with each other. Also, when she figured out she lost she gut punched Kirino. Not cool.
I read this ages ago so I might just be making shit up.

Wow you share a birthday with RecursiveFault

Oh shit, that makes two birthdays today! Happy birthday, guy.

You too, Recursive whatever

Oh boy. Happy Birthday R- wait a minute...

Happy Birthday, E_Darkness!

At least you're not a pirate
I am a pirate though. Arrr.

Happy birthday, man!

Happy birthday man.
No. Fucking. Thanks.
Good night.
Thanks. But Descent is a really good film. You should watch it.
tumblr_mt02viZpIV1qi1wjmo1_r1_500.gif

Top Bottom