• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Link to the Past isn't as good as any 3D Zelda. Except Skyward Sword, but I don't know about that one because I've still not played more than a couple hours.

Shackzam

-If a fighting game has Z-motions then any hope of me learning how to play it goes down the toilet.
Try holding forward and doing a quarter circle foward/hadoken fast and see if that works. It helped a lot of people that had problems doing that. Just practice that motion.

Ilvocare

Oh god fuck youuuuu.
Ending B had me like a baby dammit. Like the actual last time I properly cried at a video game.

Actually that's a lie, that was DDS2. But shush.

Ending A hit me with a case of "what is this emotion I am feeling? It feels like everything I'm doing is wrong somehow."

When the rest of the story was laid bare in Ending B, it turned out that my imagination had created a much worse scenario than what the game provided as an explanation.

Also the fact that the scene in the Forest of Myth remains completely unelaborated on, and the fact that everything to do with Facade and the "communication problem" at the beginning was resolved with the most nonsense video-gamey asspull I've ever seen (which was in stark contrast to everything else in the game) left a sour taste in my throat.

1f2.gif

I don't see anything remotely sexist about extremely sexualized character designs. The only thing that's remotely sexist is the unevenness in how many men aren't sexualized in return. Complaining about women being too sexy is stupid and those complaints should be directed at the men not being sexy instead.

Link to the Past isn't as good as any 3D Zelda. Except Skyward Sword, but I don't know about that one because I've still not played more than a couple hours.

Is it my agreeing with Aaron day today?

Link to the Past is the most overrated game ever. Not only is it worse than the 3d games, Link's Awakening is superior in almost every way.

Drakengard is an under played series and should be played more. 1, Nier and 3.
Digital Devil Saga 1&2 are amazing and the best Atlus RPGs by far
well Nocturne is a close 2nd.
Skyward Sword is the worst 3D Zelda.
Shenmue LP would be cool. But now I'm sad because Pat said he wouldn't be doing a Yakuza 5 LP (but he said he'd shill it at least <3)
Yakuza 5 is the game I'm most hyped about this year. Xenoblade X? Get that shit out of here. I need Kazama Kiryu being a badass and not some shitty mechs.
I've only just discovered Mia Khalifa thanks to the reddit AMA.

I don't think these are bad opinions. These seem like facts. A list of facts.

I don't see anything remotely sexist about extremely sexualized character designs. The only thing that's remotely sexist is the unevenness in how many men aren't sexualized in return. Complaining about women being too sexy is stupid and those complaints should be directed at the men not being sexy instead.
That's the discrepancy people care about, but yeah you're just saying make everyone sexy instead of just women, where they're saying fix it by making everyone more conservative.

Ilvocare

Try holding forward and doing a quarter circle foward/hadoken fast and see if that works. It helped a lot of people that had problems doing that. Just practice that motion.

Thanks for the advice, I guess, but honestly what fighting game would compel me enough to buy it after all the problems I've dealt with regarding that shit in the past?

Other than Touhou's IAMP and SWR...

To be honest, I love your controversial opinions just because of how much they freak the thread out.

Well this thread really adores stuff I just don't give a shit about (especially recently with Monster Hunter and Hotline Miami dominating like 90% of this thread's game discussions) and with you guys shitting all over games I really like, like Skyward Sword and FF13, so I like messing with you guys every once in a while.

Besides, everyone always agreeing with each other is fucking boring.

Opinion time

-Metroid is the best IP Nintendo has, and it is a travesty on how they have taken care of it
-Zelda, on the other hand, is super overrated
-The Vita is the greatest handheld ever made
-The DS catalog is overwhelmingly mediocre
-The Fallout series is nothing without Obsidian
-In fact, Bethesda games aren't good in the first place
-Action movies are boring
-So are action shows
-I don't get JRPGs
-Or mecha
-Except Armored Core, but that's different. Those mechas don't scream dumb immediately
-Anime fighters don't feel good to play, and often are too complicated for dumb casuals
-Melee is a fluke

Is it my agreeing with Aaron day today?

Link to the Past is the most overrated game ever. Not only is it worse than the 3d games, Link's Awakening is superior in almost every way.

I've never played Link's Awakening. Does it still hold up?

That's the discrepancy people care about, but yeah you're just saying make everyone sexy instead of just women, where they're saying fix it by making everyone more conservative.

That's my problem, though. People who want to make things more conservative are just wanting to take away things that other people enjoy instead of adding something that even more people can enjoy. It just feels selfish and stupid to me.

Alfebit

Banned
Well this thread really adores stuff I just don't give a shit about (especially recently with Monster Hunter and Hotline Miami dominating like 90% of this thread's game discussions) and with you guys shitting all over games I really like, like Skyward Sword and FF13, so I like messing with you guys every once in a while.

No but come jerk off with us tho.

Skrams

I don't have a list of bad opinions the way some of you do,
I'm not an overly opinionated person
but I can piggyback off of them to make a list of things I'm not as embarrassed about as I should be:

-The first video game I remember playing was Sonic Heroes, which I still consider to be a decent game
And now, an opinion we can all agree on.
I hope.
Skyrim is an objectively bad game.

A lot of this just makes me think you're 14 or 15 and have some shitty coal you've pulled out of the dirt that you call opinions. Also no, it's not "objectively bad."

Also man, lot of people with bad opinions or people who seemingly can't at least see why people would like something like fucking A Link to the Past. It feels weird being a normal human being who doesn't hate good things or at least acknowledges some good things probably just aren't for him.

And yet again I agree with you.... that you are about to start a big damn arguement.

Not that I disagree completely, but the idea that your point seems to be games need more sexualization, not less, is terrible.

Ilvocare

See my avatar?

The game he is from kind of makes me implicitly agree with this by default.

That being said I feel like there's a way to tell when something is going full-on Queen's Blade and when something is just letting a bit of cleavage or ass show.

I don't like it cause it's distracting. I play games for the story and it's really hard for me to get involved with a giant pair of tits in my face.

I also don't mind FF13 or Skyward Sword.

I don't see how Hotline Miami has been dominating the discussion. People do talk a lot about MonHun, though.

Not every game needs to be sexy AAron.

Having said that, in a game like DOA, I fully expect Man bulge as much as Woman boobs.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So y'all know how big a Moon Knight fan I am. Check this out. So I run across this lot of old Moon Knight issues on eBay. I post it on Facebook because eh, I like posting when I find good deals on things. Then I look closer at the pictures... The seller has Marvel Spotlight 28 and 29 in there. They think they're Moon Knight 28 and 29. Marvel Spotlight 28 and 29 are Moon Knight's first two solo issues ever. Prior to that, he'd only ever appeared in Werewolf by Night as a supporting character. They're worth $20-25 each. The lot was only selling for $30. Now, I couldn't afford to grab it, because the con this past weekend obliterated my spending money. But I kept an eye on the listing anyway and of course, it sold only minutes after I found it. Of course, I figured, something like this wouldn't last long. These were two legit somewhat valuable comics in a lot that was ridiculously cheap. So I posted a comment on FB to the effect of "And it's gone, knew it wouldn't last. I hope it's going to a fan and not a reseller".

And then a friend of mine, whom I met for the first time in real life at the con this weekend, chimes in.

"It is going to a fan. It should be at your place by the 28th."

I had pointed Marvel Spotlight 28 out to him at the con, and noted that I probably would have bought it had I not blown my money on Rider belts. He told me "Dude, next time we're at a con and you see that issue, if you can't get it just let me know." However I totally didn't expect this to happen.

I kinda lost my shit. I have the greatest friends ever. And now I'm getting a pretty badass Moon Knight collection (the blanks in which I can easily fill myself, Moon Knight issues aren't expensive at all), AND two legit important comics in Moon Knight history. This is awesome as shit.

And yet again I agree with you.... that you are about to start a big damn arguement.

Not that I disagree completely, but the idea that your point seems to be games need more sexualization, not less, is terrible.

I'm not saying more games need to be sexy or that you should add sexiness to games that don't have it. I'm saying that you don't need to remove the sexiness from what is already sexy.

Everyone should get what they want, taking away something that people like just because you don't is selfish and bullshit.

That's my problem, though. People who want to make things more conservative are just wanting to take away things that other people enjoy instead of adding something that even more people can enjoy. It just feels selfish and stupid to me.
Sure, I can follow. It's like saying "you have a candy bar and we don't and that's unfair so you get no candy bar" but you're like, "let's both have a candy bar".

I don't think that how some people view sexualization, but I follow you.
Opinion time

-Metroid is the best IP Nintendo has, and it is a travesty on how they have taken care of it
-Zelda, on the other hand, is super overrated
-The Fallout series is nothing without Obsidian
-In fact, Bethesda games aren't good in the first place
-Melee is a fluke
I agree with these, but the last one fucking hurts.

I didn't know you like Skyward Sword actually. Huh.

And yeah, I really appreciate it shaking things up. I respect a great majority of your opinions too, for the legit reasons you give.

360pages

Neon Genesis found boring and overly skewered to one direction to have any really narrative purpose or value to how we see people. Often hiding under symbolism to mask a show about shit people having horrible shit happen to them with barely any good moments in their life.

Neon Genesis found boring and overly skewered to one direction to have any really narrative purpose or value to how we see people. Often hiding under symbolism to mask a show about shit people having horrible shit happen to them with barely any good moments in their life.

nQmljJ9.gif

Oh wow, I thought i was the only one.

That's really rare to hear. Though I remember that you didn't make it far into FF13.

Disc 3.

So y'all know how big a Moon Knight fan I am. Check this out. So I run across this lot of old Moon Knight issues on eBay. I post it on Facebook because eh, I like posting when I find good deals on things. Then I look closer at the pictures... The seller has Marvel Spotlight 28 and 29 in there. They think they're Moon Knight 28 and 29. Marvel Spotlight 28 and 29 are Moon Knight's first two solo issues ever. Prior to that, he'd only ever appeared in Werewolf by Night as a supporting character. They're worth $20-25 each. The lot was only selling for $30. Now, I couldn't afford to grab it, because the con this past weekend obliterated my spending money. But I kept an eye on the listing anyway and of course, it sold only minutes after I found it. Of course, I figured, something like this wouldn't last long. These were two legit somewhat valuable comics in a lot that was ridiculously cheap. So I posted a comment on FB to the effect of "And it's gone, knew it wouldn't last. I hope it's going to a fan and not a reseller".

And then a friend of mine, whom I met for the first time in real life at the con this weekend, chimes in.

"It is going to a fan. It should be at your place by the 28th."

I had pointed Marvel Spotlight 28 out to him at the con, and noted that I probably would have bought it had I not blown my money on Rider belts. He told me "Dude, next time we're at a con and you see that issue, if you can't get it just let me know." However I totally didn't expect this to happen.

I kinda lost my shit. I have the greatest friends ever. And now I'm getting a pretty badass Moon Knight collection (the blanks in which I can easily fill myself, Moon Knight issues aren't expensive at all), AND two legit important comics in Moon Knight history. This is awesome as shit.

YOur friends sound so much better than my friends.

Not every game needs to be sexy AAron.

Having said that, in a game like DOA, I fully expect Man bulge as much as Woman boobs.

I'm not saying more games need to be sexy or that you should add sexiness to games that don't have it. I'm saying that you don't need to remove the sexiness from what is already sexy.

Everyone should get what they want, taking away something that people like just because you don't is selfish and bullshit.

I didn't know you like Skyward Sword actually. Huh.

And yeah, I really appreciate it shaking things up. I respect a great majority of your opinions too, for the legit reasons you give.

Thanks.

I also know SS has some weird things about it and I know people found the controls frustrating, but it worked great for me and using all that stuff was probably the only other time I've ever enjoyed motion controls outside Wii sports.

Plus, that soundtrack, graphics and story were really good and I liked Zelda and Fii a lot in this universe. And I love Ghirahim as a villain. He's such a Jojo villain and its great.

Oh wow, well I'm glad you don't hate it lol. It did some really cool things.

Top Bottom