• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

mike0dude

lWpenR0sVlBpntL0l8DcDDBULyr3co3jVNMuxfFE7qPcP8KwqdTL6iSzmoG9uVzlvwpfNNTTr9I6yOh_qJJzE1xqjRu_akGGZ9sUQEfzcbZR17UHs0fmLoyU5FjkfK7P9d4XbmM

It's a web based cardgame with cute ship girls, so meh. They just leave out a lot of unimportant things because they don't need it. I remember the abyssals being ships that just appeared out of no where.

I see... That's quite a few to read while not knowing a thing about them.
Guess it can't be helped, KanColle is a mysterious jogo.

X2 gives you a weaker Street Fighter move and 3 collectibles. Those 3 collectibles can be missed if you kill too many Mavericks and the reward for getting them is skipping a boss fight. Mmm.
Dabessssss...
I'm pretty sad Soul Hackers isn't that popular. Its been really really great so far. There should be more fan art.

Another unpopular opinion, Saturn and PS1 era ATLUS was better than PS2 era ATLUS
I loveee Nemissa's design. It's fucking radical. I also liked what I played of SMT1 but it got a bit too obtuse. P2, I'm just lazy/busy and addicted to Project Diva.

Ilvocare

X2 gives you a weaker Street Fighter move and 3 collectibles. Those 3 collectibles can be missed if you kill too many Mavericks and the reward for getting them is skipping a boss fight. Mmm.

You're not wrong about the collectibles, but I kinda hated the Hadouken for being so ridiculous. Not to mention the Shoryuken is only weaker in the sense that if you're off center when hitting the enemy, then it won't kill them, it'll only severely harm them, the probability of which is stupid-low.

Also
I'd feel like shit if I left Zero to die by not getting all the pieces.

I'm pretty sure that, unlike the Hadouken, the Shoryuken can actually hit X2's final boss, as well.

You're not wrong about the collectibles, but I kinda hated the Hadouken for being so ridiculous.
Hadouken is stupid hidden. Who the fuck replays a stage and dies in the same spot over and over at the end. It's supposed to be stupidly ridiculous. It's the ultimate hidden thing.

Why do you feel the need to even use the gadgets? The game is easy enough without them. The only reason to ever do it is for context specific things or to keep a combo going which never matters.

In a Bayonetta I have a stinger. In an Arkham game I have a point stick at guy and press X to slide over to punch him.

Also thanks for the reddit Poop flair mike.

also

Because it looks cool and it gives me a high score. Which is the whole reason I play those games.

I'm pretty sad Soul Hackers isn't that popular. Its been really really great so far. There should be more fan art.

Another unpopular opinion, Saturn and PS1 era ATLUS was better than PS2 era ATLUS

Soul Hackers is pretty damn great. You're right about that.

But PS2 era had Digital Devil Saga and Raidou.

I loveee Nemissa's design. It's fucking radical. I also liked what I played of SMT1 but it got a bit too obtuse. P2, I'm just lazy/busy and addicted to Project Diva.
I guess your not a real Mon Hun fan...
Yeah I can understand putting off great things.
If you really didn't like how obtuse SMT1 is, You might not like SHs stuff since it pulls a lot and adds on to its mechanics.
Soul Hackers is pretty damn great. You're right about that.

But PS2 era had Digital Devil Saga and Raidou.
I'd say Raidou is the weakest of the PS2 ones. God damn that combat sucks shit at least for Raidou 1 and that definitely pulls it way down in my ranking list.

You're not wrong about the collectibles, but I kinda hated the Hadouken for being so ridiculous. Not to mention the Shoryuken is only weaker in the sense that if you're off center when hitting the enemy, then it won't kill them, it'll only severely harm them, the probability of which is stupid-low.

Also
I'd feel like shit if I left Zero to die by not getting all the pieces.

I'm pretty sure that, unlike the Hadouken, the Shoryuken can actually hit X2's final boss, as well.

You can hit the final boss with the hadoken. You just jump on the hands and shoot. Also, X3 added

Playable Zero
New Ride Armors
Pink Armor upgrades
Golden Armor
X using a saber.

Way more and cooler stuff than X2.

Ilvocare

Hadouken is stupid hidden. Who the fuck replays a stage and dies in the same spot over and over at the end. It's supposed to be stupidly ridiculous. It's the ultimate hidden thing.

Technically, you don't need to die, you just need to touch that ledge on four visits/runthroughs of the stage and dying is the fastest way to do that since it doesn't mean you'll have to play the entire stage four times, it just means you'll only have to play it twice at most. (maybe once if you left Armored Armadillo as the last boss, but why would you do that???)

Also other things that the original X could have done better:

-Make it so that Chill Penguin isn't the most obvious first stage since he's not only the easiest boss but the dash boots are an unskippable upgrade on the way through his stage.
-Why is Sting Chameleon way harder than any of the other original Mavericks? He's obvious last-stage material.
-This is the pettiest thing on my list, but trying to no-damage Buster Only run through Sigma's fortress is basically impossible. You're either going to take damage or use weapons to avoid damage. I'm fucking weird in that I appreciate that Robot Weapons are in MM games and yet I'll almost NEVER use them save for castle bosses.

I guess your not a real Mon Hun fan...
Yeah I can understand putting off great things.
If you really didn't like how obtuse SMT1 is, You might not like SHs stuff since it pulls a lot and adds on to its mechanics.
MonHun is this constant leech on my free time, but it feels so good. SMT1 I was mainly just fed up with being lost with much direction, might just need a guide to fight my paitence.

Ilvocare

You can hit the final boss with the hadoken. You just jump on the hands and shoot. Also, X3 added

Playable Zero
New Ride Armors
Pink Armor upgrades
Golden Armor
X using a saber.

Way more and cooler stuff than X2.

In the PSP remake, maybe. Not in the original SNES game.

Also I've not said anything to discount the possibility of X3 being a better game, I want to play through both in the future. I simply think that X2 isn't bad or even mediocre. It's solid.

-Make it so that Chill Penguin isn't the most obvious first stage since he's not only the easiest boss but the dash boots are an unskippable upgrade on the way through his stage.
-Why is Sting Chameleon way harder than any of the other original Mavericks? He's obvious last-stage material.
-This is the pettiest thing on my list, but trying to no-damage Buster Only run through Sigma's fortress is basically impossible. You're either going to take damage or use weapons to avoid damage. I'm fucking weird in that I appreciate that Robot Weapons are in MM games and yet I'll almost NEVER use them save for castle bosses.
Dash boots being locked in a stage sucks, but it's meant to serve as a tutorial that upgrades exist. It's not great, but it's serviceable.
S. Chameleon is a babby. I just use the buster when I replay the game, he's one of the lamest easiest fights to get into a pattern, save for the needles possibly hitting you if you're unlucky.
Sigma's fortress is a huge difficulty spike, and yeah, I go buster only for 99% of Megaman games.

In the PSP remake, maybe. Not in the original SNES game.

Also I've not said anything to discount the possibility of X3 being a better game, I want to play through both in the future. I simply think that X2 isn't bad or even mediocre. It's solid.

You can definitely do it in the SNES game. Also, I was just pointing out the lack of new stuff added in X2.

Skrams

Because it looks cool and it gives me a high score. Which is the whole reason I play those games.
More experience you don't need isn't really the equivalent of a pure platinum in my eyes. I just also don't think that stuff looks that cool. The best Arkham COMBO MAD video is still going to look lame compared to low level stuff from any other character action game to me.

God damn it I died twice on the
Shagaru Magala
and when I came back the second time I poked him and he fucking died. god fucking damn it.
Also did I just beat the main story of monster hunter 4 ultimate? cause I feel like I did, that felt like the final boss of any other game.

Ilvocare

Dash boots being locked in a stage sucks, but it's meant to serve as a tutorial that upgrades exist. It's not great, but it's serviceable.
S. Chameleon is a babby. I just use the buster when I replay the game, he's one of the lamest easiest fights to get into a pattern, save for the needles possibly hitting you if you're unlucky.
Sigma's fortress is a huge difficulty spike, and yeah, I go buster only for 99% of Megaman games.

-Except that the entire point of the radial Robot-Master stage selection is that any stage is a fair first and last stage. I understand how some bosses are easier than others, but generally you'll understand most, if not all of what you need to know just by playing a stage. I don't buy that idea of "it's a tutorial for upgrades" when the proper way to implement that would be an area in ALL the stages that was unskippable and had the dash boots.
-Those needles are outrageous, though. Have you ever tried to no-damage S. Chameleon WITHOUT THE DASH BOOTS??? It's a tall fucking order.

Shackzam

God damn it I died twice on the
Shagaru Magala
and when I came back the second time I poked him and he fucking died. god fucking damn it.
Also did I just beat the main story of monster hunter 4 ultimate? cause I feel like I did, that felt like the final boss of any other game.

It never ends.

-Except that the entire point of the radial Robot-Master stage selection is that any stage is a fair first and last stage. I understand how some bosses are easier than others, but generally you'll understand most, if not all of what you need to know just by playing a stage. I don't buy that idea of "it's a tutorial for upgrades" when the proper way to implement that would be an area in ALL the stages that was unskippable and had the dash boots.
-Those needles are outrageous, though. Have you ever tried to no-damage S. Chameleon WITHOUT THE DASH BOOTS??? It's a tall fucking order.
-Yeah, no, I agree, it's a poor implementation of the idea. They should have done it in the intro stage or something. The fact it's unskippable convinces me it has to be a tutorial that you can find upgrades though.
-The fuck you doin going to S. Chameleon before getting Dash boots you couldn't even collect all his shit in his stage.
I know it never ends but I feel like there should be some credits right here.
You beat Vanilla MH4's campaign. Get to HR4 and unlock High Rank and the 4U campaign.

360pages

I wanted to get Xenoverse but the camera drives me insane.

It works fine for the most part, just in cramped areas. I think it's zoomed out just enough to give detail but not too much that you can't see anything.

I think people need to treat the game more like a monster hunter game where you can create your own character and battle each other once you reach the max level.

-Yeah, no, I agree, it's a poor implementation of the idea. They should have done it in the intro stage or something. The fact it's unskippable convinces me it has to be a tutorial that you can find upgrades though.
-The fuck you doin going to S. Chameleon before getting Dash boots you couldn't even collect all his shit in his stage.
You beat Vanilla MH4's campaign. Get to HR4 and unlock High Rank and the 4U campaign.

You sure? cause I'm already doing more stuff.

Top Bottom