• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Rean

You're right, and I'm not saying II is bad. I can, however, understand how some people would be taken aback by the character swerve from I to II, and I was trying to ease that pain.
Yeah for sure. I actually liked the character swerve in 2 myself.

More experience you don't need isn't really the equivalent of a pure platinum in my eyes. I just also don't think that stuff looks that cool. The best Arkham COMBO MAD video is still going to look lame compared to low level stuff from any other character action game to me.
I personally think like half of platinums offering looks bad. I'm talking shit like madworld, korra and anarchy reigns.

Ilvocare

-Yeah, no, I agree, it's a poor implementation of the idea. They should have done it in the intro stage or something. The fact it's unskippable convinces me it has to be a tutorial that you can find upgrades though.
-The fuck you doin going to S. Chameleon before getting Dash boots you couldn't even collect all his shit in his stage.

-Even so, the tutorial in your current conceptualization doesn't account for the fact that the other ones are hidden via means that require different weapons/other upgrades, which would be fine in a Metroidvania but ass-backwards in a primarily action-focused and non-linear game. Hell, if Dr. Light didn't explicitly mention other upgrades you wouldn't bother looking for them in the first place.
-That's exactly my point. Someone new to the game who knows nothing about it could stumble into that stage au-naturale and get his shit kicked in. Even with a couple of non-Penguin weapons you could still have a bad time.

Which brings me to another point: what the fuck is going on with MMX's weapon weakness circuit? Like 3 of the bosses are weak to 2 or more unique weapons, and I have no idea what the correct order is even after playing through it all.

Ilvocare

These S.A. Renegade reviews are amazing. I can't stop reading them.

image.php

I've created a monster.

If you think his reviews are good, you haven't seen his guides. He's got shit on Devil Summoner 2, the original Bayo, TC: SO, and TT.

His Trauma Team guide, which I originally found on Gamefaqs, is what convinced me that the site he's on was a keeper.

Also he's not the only fucker on the site. Shepton's the other asshole, but he's not as extreme so he's easy to forget.

It works fine for the most part, just in cramped areas. I think it's zoomed out just enough to give detail but not too much that you can't see anything.

I think people need to treat the game more like a monster hunter game where you can create your own character and battle each other once you reach the max level.

I'm gonna wait for a price drop or sale.
I'm at a point were character creation is necessary for me to get into most games if the new fire emblem doesn't have one I may not even get it .

Which brings me to another point: what the fuck is going on with MMX's weapon weakness circuit? Like 3 of the bosses are weak to 2 or more unique weapons, and I have no idea what the correct order is even after playing through it all.
Chill Penguin is weak to flame
Mandrill is stupidly weak to ice
Armadillo is weak to E.Spark (his armor comes off with just one hit)
Launch Octopus is weak to R.Shield
Kuwanger is weak to homing missles
Chameleon is weak to cutter
Storm Eagle is weak to C.Sting
Flame Mammoth is weak to Storm Tornado (You can cut off his trunk and disable one of his attacks with cutter)

Chill Penguin -> Spark Mandrill -> Armored Armadillo -> Launch Octopus -> Boomer Kuwanger -> Sting Chameleon -> Storm Eagle -> Flame Mammoth

That's the basic order iirc. I do a different order.

Chill Penguin -> Spark Mandrill -> Armored Armadillo -> Launch Octopus -> Boomer Kuwanger -> Sting Chameleon -> Storm Eagle -> Flame Mammoth
/duane

I always go Penguin -> Storm Eagle (his weakness may as well be dash) (Head piece) -> Flame Mammoth (Buster Upgrade) -> Spark Mandrill (for dat moosic) -> then whatever order, but with Chamelon after Octopus for the upgrades.

The fact certain bosses being defeated changes other bosses' stages influences the order in a way other than weapons, is fucking sick.

Ilvocare

Chill Penguin is weak to flame
Mandrill is stupidly weak to ice
Armadillo is weak to E.Spark (his armor comes off with just one hit)
Launch Octopus is weak to R.Shield
Kuwanger is weak to homing missles
Chameleon is weak to cutter
Storm Eagle is weak to C.Sting
Flame Mammoth is weak to Storm Tornado (You can cut off his trunk and disable one of his attacks with cutter)

That's the basic order iirc. I do a different order.

I could have sworn that Mammoth was weak to E. Spark. Since apparently the entire Zero-esque "Ice beats Fire beats Elec/Wind beats Ice" thing was supposed to have started in MMX.

So ive heard several complaints about the FF15 camera. Is it just because the camera doesnt follow the Lock on and the lock on on the enemy stops when its off-screen?

Squishy3

So ive heard several complaints about the FF15 camera. Is it just because the camera doesnt follow the Lock on and the lock on on the enemy stops when its off-screen?
It's relatively fine with a small amount of enemies but I struggled with it in the cave area that has a bunch of goblins in them and it was annoying during the behemoth fight. Which I also have no idea how they want you to kill him normally without it being the most tedious boss fight ever. I felt like I barely did any damage (And I was like level 25 when I actually went and tried to kill him) and just used the summon to kill him.

The lock-on and how Noctis decides what enemies to attack is also super weird, especially since the enemies dart around like nobody's business so you can be holding the attack button down and there isn't a guarantee Noctis will successfully land an attack. It seems like the only way to guarantee Noctis lands attacks and strings on enemies is to warp to them.

Ilvocare

While I agree the gameplay hacks are garbage, I can hear perfectly fine with the speakers and headphones. I don't understand why he hates the combat for this since it actually does have some difficulty due to the loyalty system. Man I dunno...

This guy's greatest strength (and his most egregious flaw) is that any game he touches, he will play on the hardest intial difficulty regardless of how little he knows about it beforehand. Meaning he's comparing Soul Hackers hard to Devil Survivor, P3P's Maniac mode, P4G's Very Hard mode, etc...

So I just played a bit of the Toukiden Kiwami PS4 demo.

From what little I remember from playing the demo for MH3U, this sure does feel A LOT like Monster Hunter. Just the basic way how the stamina and animation priority for attacks work is all super familiar. Of course the big thing I hear about Toukiden is how it doesn't have the long drawn out opening before you get to hunting your first big monster, though I'm curious what all of this first chapter will entail in the demo.

Also I am a sucker for Japanese legends and mythology in any form, so absorbing the soul of Minamoto no Yorimitsu at the end of the first mission had me pretty pumped. If this means Abe no Seimei is in or the Shiteno then I'll be super hyped.

Bloodborne still takes priority once that comes out, but when the semester is over I'll be sure to check out the full game for Toukiden. Seems pretty cool, and since Capcom doesn't want to move Monster Hunter out of the handheld ghetto I'll go with this as an alternative.

I thought you guys said that high rank quests were for HR 4-7 or something I cant remember the specifics but Im still HR 1 and I can do High Rank quests.

p5QuBrc.png

Information

• Publisher: PlayEveryWare Games
  • Developer: Ansimuz Games
  • Platforms: PC, Wii U
  • Genre: Action RPG/Platformer
  • Rating: ESRB E10
  • Release Date:
  • March 19th NA
  • April 16th EU

NA Nintendo ESHOP page

Elliot Quest on Steam

THE STORY

Elliot Quest is an adventure/RPG where players explore the mysterious Urele island in search of an ancient demon. With 5 dungeons to conquer, 16 bosses to defeat, and countless treasures to discover, Elliot Quest is inspired by Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, and many other classy titles.

Elliot can’t die—but he’s still running out of time. In Elliot Quest, the victim of a rare curse must find a cure before he’s transformed into a demon.

After Elliot’s wife disappears, he falls sick and attempts to take his own life--only to discovers that he can’t die. Plagued by nightmares and growing weaker by the day, Elliot seeks out a local Sage, who tells him that he’s the victim of a rare curse. A demon called a Satar is slowly consuming Elliot’s vitality. If Elliot can’t find a cure to the curse before it’s too late, he will become a Satar. His only hope is to ask for the help of one of the island’s Guardians, who have kept the Satar from taking over Urele. Elliot can’t die—but he’s still running out of time.

FEATURES

• An expansive island to explore with over 16 unique bosses

[*]Customize your character with an engaging Level Up System

[*]Chain attacks to make enemies drop more items

[*]Experiment with different magic attacks to defeat Elliot’s enemies

[*]Solve puzzles to find hidden crystals and access secret areas

[*]Hunt powerful monsters to find powerful weapons

[*]3 unique endings based on your decisions

[*]Original Music by Michael Chait

[*]Well-balanced gameplay that’s easy to pick up but difficult to master

SCREENSHOTS

Video

Trailer

18 Minutes of Gameplay

Super Bunnyhop Mini Review

Dont Jinx yourself, now your probably gonna have to go on a bizarre adventure thatll take up your whole summer.
Fuck, that actually happens to me now say that it might happen might make it not happen and acknowledging this will fuck it up in a way where I'm not sure what'll happen
Did you pick up any games from the ATLUS PSN sale?
SMTIV and Code of Princess. Luckily CoP isn't that long apparently
FUCK

I am but I need to finish other shit and time and shit ;-;

Oh shit no, Getting the Raidou games would probably be a good idea but idk if I should spend any more money

The day P5 comes out I'm not gonna be in this thread for days, who knows I might not even eat just so I dont have to stop playing until I beat it.

Top Bottom