• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Happy birthday friender!
You propbalby didn't see my other post cause the page ended.
Happy barsuday!

Nah it's cool, I got ya. Thanks!

Truth be told today has been a bit shit. I normally spend my birthday with my girlfriend but she had deadlines at uni so didn't want to come down. And I don't really hang out with anyone at uni, and the people I do normally hang out with have been feeling distant of late.
Eh. I've done what I've done every day. Read some manga. Watched some anime. Played Monster Hunter. Worry about essays that are due in less than 3 weeks but do nothing about them. It's my day off seminars/lectures today. I wish I wasn't poor. I want to be drunk and depressed on my birthday.

Man I'm really mad that Tadashi Satomi got driven off of writing for video games just because of his weird obsession with Tamaki... Dude wrote for the early Personas and some of DDS. He deserves to be in more video games than Toriyama.

Huh I gotta try the other options other than
Gold
then.
Was that really the entire reason he got kicked out? I know it wasn't received well, but that seems really minor.

Okingjrr

Nah it's cool, I got ya. Thanks!

Truth be told today has been a bit shit. I normally spend my birthday with my girlfriend but she had deadlines at uni so didn't want to come down. And I don't really hang out with anyone at uni, and the people I do normally hang out with have been feeling distant of late.
Eh. I've done what I've done every day. Read some manga. Watched some anime. Played Monster Hunter. Worry about essays that are due in less than 3 weeks but do nothing about them. It's my day off seminars/lectures today. I wish I wasn't poor. I want to be drunk and depressed on my birthday.

Sounds like a rough day. I can't stand being all alone on my birthday.
You still have us!
I don't know if that's good thing or not.

Was that really the entire reason he got kicked out? I know it wasn't received well, but that seems really minor.
It was heavily assumed. It was pretty in your face about it in the SQQ of P1. Its not actually that bad in P2 if you like the US Catwoman homage. Its pretty tame compared to lighting and Toriyama even if he wasn't an insert character.

It was heavily assumed. It was pretty in your face about it in the SQQ of P1. Its not actually that bad in P2 if you don't like the US Catwoman homage. Its pretty tame compared to lighting and Toriyama even if he wasn't an insert character.
I just can't imagine such a minor thing being that important. Unless there was bigger behind the scenes tension over stuff.

semisonic

Banned
So I finally started playing P4 Arena.

I think. Chie, or Elizabeth are my main characters to use. I need to play it more.
Oh, hey, whadday know. Someone's playing best game that's better than ultimax.
Fancy that.

Wait is it on sale right now? Because I am getting in there if so.
Any of you motherfuckers played a Klonoa game before?
I spent like a month tracking down lunatea's veil after I heard the King of Sorrow theme. Still haven't beaten it tho.
Maybe I'll go play it now.

That's the point. Also, we wouldn't be like the Best Friends if we didn't also drive jokes into the ground.
226f7d0dae.png

Revelations 2 just came in the mail.

Fuck, I forgot I almost ordered that, but Abubeats is being a bitch and won't play with me
even though he's gonna play as the legendary Barry Burton's daughter.

I got a C on that paper that I shit out in like 4 hours

198qj0pvzn5wqgif.gif

I once shat out a paper in a few hours and got a 99 or 98 i cant remember.

Also mon hun question, to capture a monster do they have to be limping or does it just have to be when they start limping, like after they start limping any time in between then and their death I can catch them even if they stop limping.

Skrams

I'm sure this will come in handy at some time.

When I get to America
Also mon hun question, to capture a monster do they have to be limping or does it just have to be when they start limping, like after they start limping any time in between then and their death I can catch them even if they stop limping.
If they're limping then they're weak. Weak means you should be able to use a trap to stun them then cap them with tranq balls. Their attacks will still look like attacks, but when they walk places you'll see them limping. Their attacks will usually include them eating shit too to let you know they're weak. A monster can go sleep/eat to heal up, so don't let that happen if you're going for a cap.

I also think there's a period where you can capture them even when they're not limping, but I don't know anyway to judge that besides knowing the monster beforehand and keeping track of your damage on them. Some armor skills let you know too.

Just blow everyone away with a Kamina type speech
Huh, yea whatever. Now dig the wax out of your ears because I've got something to say! He takes the blazing sun in his bare hands and endures the searing heat. A man's man sustained by strength of will. When you hear of the great RecursiveFault they're talking about me! You'd best remember that.

Oberon

Banned
I think it's quite smuggish to say official lore is wrong and that your own explanation is better. I guess I just described the whole souls community.

Ilvocare

Oh, hey, whadday know. Someone's playing best game that's better than ultimax.
Fancy that.

Motherfucker, just because you're salt over the changes to two or three old characters doesn't make Arena better than Ultimax.

This is coming from someone who's been on a Arena + Ultimax tear lately.

It's been happening for what feels like the past month or two so it would be hard to pinpoint the beginning of the dog fucking.

So whenever people joke that Pat is turning into a dog...

...oh my god...

ultimax

Huh, yea whatever. Now dig the wax out of your ears because I've got something to say! He takes the blazing sun in his bare hands and endures the searing heat. A man's man sustained by strength of will. When you hear of the great RecursiveFault they're talking about me! You'd best remember that.
If i was a teacher and a kid did that, that would get an A super hard.

Too bad im not a teacher :v
Its the worst dammit.

I studied super hard.

Also Abu watch this bit of motivation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVfvBG5fM5g

Is that from Rocky? It sounds like Rocky. Nice video though

If they're limping then they're weak. Weak means you should be able to use a trap to stun them then cap them with tranq balls. Their attacks will still look like attacks, but when they walk places you'll see them limping. Their attacks will usually include them eating shit too to let you know they're weak. A monster can go sleep/eat to heal up, so don't let that happen if you're going for a cap.

I also think there's a period where you can capture them even when they're not limping, but I don't know anyway to judge that besides knowing the monster beforehand and keeping track of your damage on them. Some armor skills let you know too.

You wanna do some hunts with me dude? were about the same level right?

semisonic

Banned
Motherfucker, just because you're salt over the changes to two or three old characters doesn't make Arena better than Ultimax.

This is coming from someone who's been on a Arena + Ultimax tear lately.

It's not entirely about the old character changes. It's also about the fundamental shift in focus into a more combo based game, where combos do way the fuck more damage, and it's possible for a character to be killed in a single combo by just about any charater in the game(assuming they don't burst or are a shadow character). Arena was more about footsies and short exchanges for moderate damage and resets, which is in my opinion far more interesting than Mahvelultimax's overly combo heavy philosophy.

Top Bottom