• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Banana, how could you toy with my heart like this~
I CAN'T HELP WHAT I AM!
New copies are $20 on Amazon. So, there you go.

Don't worry about whatever ending you get first and then follow a walkthrough for the others you might want to get. There's no fast forward for dialog in 999, unfortunately, though.
Well, as long as I can turn down the volume, and pump some music into my ears, I won't mind the no fast forward for dialog.

$20 seems fair. That's for Vita too, right? Cause I'm not playing this on my 3ds.

What even is this?

tumblr_nlf6gj2Eyl1qcj9s5o1_500.png

ultimax

Well, that's comforting. I'll see if I can find a copy then. But if this fails me, I will find you, Abu, and I will give you the greatest disappointment glare I can muster.
IM PREPARED TO CARRY THE BURDEN. BELIEVE IT.

Don't worry about whatever ending you get first and then follow a walkthrough for the others you might want to get. There's no fast forward for dialog in 999, unfortunately, though.
wait wut. You can skip dialouge you've already read though.

360pages

Played Xenoverse, grinding for the time Crystals shards is annoying.

Also made a Female Majin and a Frieza clan character. I don't know why I have little to no interest in human or sayian race though.

Well, that's comforting. I'll see if I can find a copy then. But if this fails me, I will find you, Abu, and I will give you the greatest disappointment glare I can muster.
Don't think I've seen anyone be disappointed with 999.

You fast forward the text in areas you already been through on the previous playthrough. I think you hold down right on the D-Pad.

I CAN'T HELP WHAT I AM!

Well, as long as I can turn down the volume, and pump some music into my ears, I won't mind the no fast forward for dialog.

$20 seems fair. That's for Vita too, right? Cause I'm not playing this on my 3ds.

It being on DS is the only thing stopping me from playing it. I would rather get the phone version then play the DS copy that I own

Squishy3

I CAN'T HELP WHAT I AM!

999 is only on DS, Virtue's Last Reward is the one on both. 999 doesn't have any crippling save bugs, AFAIK.

999 is the first game and VLR is a sequel... so

Ants

i cannot bear to think about the possibility of zero escape 3, so instead i watched Monday Night Wars

that's a really fucking good wrestling documentary, i recommend anyone who likes wrestling take a look. it looks at the height of WCW vs. WWE and gets perspectives from Vinny Mac and Eric Bischoff, among many others

i cannot bear to think about the possibility of zero escape 3, so instead i watched Monday Night Wars

that's a really fucking good wrestling documentary, i recommend anyone who likes wrestling take a look. it looks at the height of WCW vs. WWE and gets perspectives from Vinny Mac and Eric Bischoff, among many others

Saw it. If you like that I recommend the ECW documentary: Rise and Fall of ECW.

I love how many voice actors are shared between DBZ and Yu Yu hakusho. Like i really think its funny right now that Raditz, Frieza and Goku are sitting in a town square trying to read the mind of enemy Teen Goten from GT.

ultimax

Last time I bought a game on my phone an update made it unplayable. I think I'll grab the DS copy when I have the funds. Either that or look for a deal at my local video game store.
RIP in peace mobile twewy ;~;

The DS version is better since it keeps in the puzzles, and theres some cool plot stuff along with those puzzles. But if some people really don't want to play on a DS, the mobile version is fine

demidar

Shit. Well, I'll see about the phone version first then.

I should have never sold my DS Lite. 3ds sucks shit for my hands.

DS Lite also sucked shit, but it sucked less shit.

From what I've heard, the phone version is the absolute last resort because it's too watered down.

360pages

Also, the Whis and Beerus boss fight was hard as balls.

Fighting 2 foes, at least 15 levels higher than you with useless ass Trunks gets stomped. Both having super armor, and could easily kill you if they gang up on you is hard...they also have more health than any of the bosses up to that point. With 2 life bars each.

RIP in peace mobile twewy ;~;

The DS version is better since it keeps in the puzzles, and theres some cool plot stuff along with those puzzles. But if some people really don't want to play on a DS, the mobile version is fine

That does sound a lot better. Now I have to decide if I save up for TWEWY or 999.
I feel the need to express that I actually like the DS ergonomics. Vita feels kinda small compared to my XL.

I never found the DS to be uncomfortable. Still, the Vita feels way better in my hands.

The phone version is terrible when compared to the DS version. And since it's a visual novel, you don't have to hold the 3DS in your hands

It being of the DS family is what is wrong with it. I cannot hold any one of them comfortably

iirc, you can play 999 with just the touch screen, just place the DS somewhere and off you go. Or am I the only one who plays handheld like that?

Two more OP-INTENSIFY functions to unlock in AC3, then it's on to fighting Exile in the arena for the last function. Then that should be 100%, assuming there aren't any extra hidden parts I somehow missed. Or the Extra Arena.

94% done.

My hands are just stupid big. Holding it in a way where I can use the shoulder buttons is super awkward. I end up pressing them with like, the back of my index finger.

Well, I have tiny babby hands so maybe that's why I like it better. My only issues with the Vita are the speaker placements and the face buttons feel awful.

Top Bottom