• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

There is a very small percentage of people on this earth who dump a lot of money into card games, much less buying in bulk, most people buy the cards they want individually to make the decks they want, not go buy boxes and boxes at a time

where do you think those individual cards come from? do you really think Konami sells cards in singles? No, some one has to buy those boxes and get multiple copies of that card to sell them.
Dude youre talking to someone who knows multiple people who do this and wishes he had the money to do it himself. fuck I really wanted that Burning Abyss deck but no a single dante is still worth 50 bucks.

Cause it probably makes more money than MGS. Unlike a video game you cant buy one structure deck, you gotta buy shit load of them, you gotta buy so many booster packs and you gotta buy that 100 box and hope you get that fucking Ultra you need, and if you need a set you gotta buy another 100 dollar box, I know people who spend shit loads of money on yugioh alone.
Konami is not Bushiroad. Konami can not have a single card game hold the fort down for a company that releases arcade games, exercise equipment, and large scale, high budget titles.

where do you think those individual cards come from? do you really think Konami sells cards in singles? No, some one has to buy those boxes and get multiple copies of that card to sell them.

I know they don't sell those cards in singles I used to play Magic a shit ton. But they're pieces of cardboard and if six or seven sites pay what idk 20k for a pallet of a new series that isn't going to have konami survive at the size it is today. They're going to be a mobile, pachinko hell hole

I know they don't sell those cards in singles I used to play Magic a shit ton. But they're pieces of cardboard and if six or seven sites pay what idk 20k for a pallet of a new series that isn't going to have konami survive at the size it is today. They're going to be a mobile, pachinko hell hole
They're already mobile:
I helped by not fucking up the mission.

I got a synchronous Ultra Burst with someone too, I think it was Pomp, and that was radical.
Sync'd attacks are fucking awesome. Triple greatswords is my favorite thing

360pages

Honestly, this is an end of an Era for gaming as a whole, for better or worse.

So many people leaving larger third party companies. From Capcom to Konami, I think gaming is really changing now. Even Nintnedo started to take notice.

Honestly, this is an end of an Era for gaming as a whole, for better or worse.

So many people leaving larger third party companies. From Capcom to Konami, I think gaming is really changing now. Even Nintnedo started to take notice.
If anything dies/shrinks it's AAA.

AAA is bloated as fuck.

I don't know, but I want something like that. Koji was tired of making Metal Gear and this is his opportunity to go back to making the games he wanted to, or at least games close to them if he doesn't own the IPs.

FOXDIE Productions.

I would begrudgingly donate to a Kickstarter if Hideo Kojima is tied to it.

AAA is bloated as fuck.

Mhmm. It'll be Kickstarter that saves videogames.

360pages

AAA is bloated as fuck.

I just noticed that larger companies have been folding in on themselves. I fully expect Triple A games just to be the soulless fuel to keep the industry afloat while smaller games will probably continue to harken back and be somewhat creative.

Which is fine honestly, rather that than have games die completely.

Xiraiya

I don't know, but I want something like that. Koji was tired of making Metal Gear and this is his opportunity to go back to making the games he wanted to, or at least games close to them if he doesn't own the IPs.

He was tired of Metal Gear games for awhile but he was truly re-inspired for MGSV, so...

Took a few hours to build, but at least I don't have to worry about going digital for a long time.

IMG_1359.jpg

Also, had to put the two husbandos together for the picture.

The Japanese AAA market is dead. Square Enix is done. Konami has fallen. Nintendo has taken drastic measures to save their company. If Capcom didn't have IPs console makers cared about, they would be dead. Sony had to sell buildings and stop making awesome TVs and Phones to not go bankrupt.

It's dead. And with the rise of indies, kickstarter, and Greenlight, Western publishers might wanna start sweating too.

Top Bottom