• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

semisonic

Banned
Woof.. i forgot about that.. woof.
it surprised me that she was the winner of the bowl.

I'm more surprised he ended up with anyone, tbh. The whole thing of the arc is that she grew as a person, and she presented him with the opportunity to do so as well, but then he was too scared to join her in a happier life, choosing instead to stick with his own twisted pride instead.
She really was the best character of the series, and it was kind of obvious that they had something the others didn't. Still hoped for yui tho because tomboy best trope.
Season 3 was really the first time I was actually way more impacted by the anime than the manga, largely because it was the first season with more going on than just entertaining and self aware harem shenanigans.

Emo Spiderman.

No, I violently disagree.
tumblr_n4wxhbvkxc1s0my1wo1_250.gif

What an amazing hero.

Emo Spiderman.

No, I violently disagree.

The Amazing Spiderman Duology is worse

And I do admit there is a big drop off in the second half of Spiderman 3. However, there are good moments in it. The Sandman birth scene, the Peter MJ having relationship problems. Hell the memory loss with Harry wasn't bad.

The movie bombs when harry gets his memory back. Thats where the plot holes start

Also while Emo Peter is cringeworthy, that is the point. He is a dork who does not know how to be cool.

Zenfalcia

I'm more surprised he ended up with anyone, tbh. The whole thing of the arc is that she grew as a person, and she presented him with the opportunity to do so as well, but then he was too scared to join her in a happier life, choosing instead to stick with his own twisted pride instead.
She really was the best character of the series, and it was kind of obvious that they had something the others didn't. Still hoped for yui tho because tomboy best trope.
Season 3 was really the first time I was actually way more impacted by the anime than the manga, largely because it was the first season with more going on than just entertaining and self aware harem shenanigans.
me too, i thought it would go back to normal. I kinda wish the spirits thing wasn't such a big deal, but i don't hate it. It was the same in the manga tho. It was still harem shenanigans early on.
Thats what makes it worse

15th scene. It's so frustrating that I'm not even finding it fun

I started yelling during scene 15 last night
Shame.

Git gud tho.

There's nothin redeeming about Spidey 3!

Eddie Brock was miscast all to fuck!
Venom only had 5-6 minutes of screen time!
Sandman storyline was crappy.
Green Goblin again was lame as fuck.
Gwen Stacy was horribly forced in.

Fuck that monstrosity of a film!

It makes me angry wanting to talk about that film!

Avi Arad is going to do the same bullshit to the Metal Gear film.

semisonic

Banned
me too, i thought it would go back to normal. I kinda wish the spirits thing wasn't such a big deal, but i don't hate it. It was the same in the manga tho. It was still harem shenanigans early on.

Shame.

Git gud tho.
The persistent memory thing was the only way to avoid a dumb reset that would only set the story back given the amount of character development that happened over each girls second arc. Especially chihiro, ayane, and yui.
He had basically created characters that were too good to throw away.
And I'm glad he did!
It could've easily ended as ambiguously as that shitheap Negima.
I don't even want to talk about that fucking series right now.

Squishy3

I beat Hotline Miami 2. That was a thing, I guess.

Hotline Miami 2 ending spoilers:
So the president gets assassinated and they kill the Russian president at the same time and so Russia nukes the US? That's what I gathered from it, anyway.

Don't give up yet. The later scenes are actually pretty good.

Can't login to steam for some reason

I can't either. I check my profile on the steam website and it says I haven't made on yet. Weird.

Edit: I can log in now.
I'm a huge scrub

I have the die 1000 times achievement

It took me a long ass time to get used to the twins

I might just be crazy, but the more I play the game the more I enjoy it. Maybe it's because I'm starting to learn how to play the game properly.

The Amazing Spiderman Duology is worse

And I do admit there is a big drop off in the second half of Spiderman 3. However, there are good moments in it. The Sandman birth scene, the Peter MJ having relationship problems. Hell the memory loss with Harry wasn't bad.

The movie bombs when harry gets his memory back. Thats where the plot holes start

Also while Emo Peter is cringeworthy, that is the point. He is a dork who does not know how to be cool.

Not by much are the new movies worse.

Emo Peter is just a part of the problems associated with Spidey 3.

It could've been much worse writing wise and I get that it was supposed to be a dork thinking he's cool, but that bar/date scene with Gwen Stacy was rough.

Really? I felt like they did Sandman (as a character) justice.

I didn't like the tie in to Uncle Ben. I felt it was sloppy.

But the origin story to how Sandman came to be was good for a film adaptation.

Zenfalcia

The persistent memory thing was the only way to avoid a dumb reset that would only set the story back given the amount of character development that happened over each girls second arc. Especially chihiro, ayane, and yui.
He had basically created characters that were too good to throw away.
And I'm glad he did!
It could've easily ended as ambiguously as that shitheap Negima.
I don't even want to talk about that fucking series right now.
True. I didn't think of it that way. If that wasn't there it would have been some generic series with nothing to it. It also created some more significance to each character rather than just a throw away. Well.. negima wasn't that bad... >_>

Not by much are the new movies worse.

Emo Peter is just a part of the problems associated with Spidey 3.

It could've been much worse writing wise and I get that it was supposed to be a dork thinking he's cool, but that bar/date scene with Gwen Stacy was rough.

Like I said, movie shits the bed at the second half.

Its very apparent that control of the plot and direction were taken from Sam Raimi's hands.

The studio fucked it up. Raimi did not want Eddie/Venom. Studio forced that plotline into the movie.

Its why Raimi refused to do Spiderman 4

But the origin story to how Sandman came to be was good for a film adaptation.

Stuff about the daughter was good.

semisonic

Banned
True. I didn't think of it that way. If that wasn't there it would have been some generic series with nothing to it. It also created some more significance to each character rather than just a throw away. Well.. negima wasn't that bad... >_>

Fun fact, the author actually ended it that way on purpose because he was mad at his syndicators. He intentionally gave it a shitty ending. Out of spite. Fuck Negima. I read it for dumb harem bullshit and I got NOTHING.
UQ Holder is alright tho

SteveTR

I actually remember arguing with someone over whether or not Venom would be in Spider-Man 3. His argument was that it was too early to have such an important character in the movies.

Then they actually put Venom in the movie. Unfortunately, I wasn't there to see the guy's reaction.

Like I said, movie shits the bed at the second half.

Its very apparent that control of the plot and direction were taken from Sam Raimi's hands.

The studio fucked it up. Raimi did not want Eddie/Venom. Studio forced that plotline into the movie.

Its why Raimi refused to do Spiderman 4

Stuff about the daughter was good.

I respect Raimi for walking away from the train wreck after it being so financially successful.

That film returned 4x it's budget worldwide, if Wikipedia is accurate.

Zenfalcia

Fun fact, the author actually ended it that way on purpose because he was mad at his syndicators. He intentionally gave it a shitty ending. Out of spite. Fuck Negima. I read it for dumb harem bullshit and I got NOTHING.
UQ Holder is alright tho
Really? I know about him being annoyed since he was forced to write another harem story after his success due to the popularity of love hina. He wanted to write an action anime, so... As it was ending it barely felt like a romance anime, soo... Meh? I had other series to fill that harem need.

I didn't say Spiderman 3 is a good movie, far from it.

I just don't think the intense hate isn't directed in the right place, mainly Sony Pictures.

I know who to directly place my animosity towards: Avi Arad.

He's going to destroy Metal Gear Solid if he releases that fucking film adaptation monstrosity.

Venom should have been his own movie not shoved into this one

Don't tell me. I know this!

The fucking Neversoft game does a better job adapting Venom into a new Spiderman story than the film does.

semisonic

Banned
Really? I know about him being annoyed since he was forced to write another harem story after his success due to the popularity of love hina. He wanted to write an action anime, so... As it was ending it barely felt like a romance anime, soo... Meh? I had other series to fill that harem need.
I kind of use harem to fill the void left by a lack of good romance. I've read most of the good stuff already, so it is what it is.

I know who to directly place my animosity towards: Avi Arad.

He's going to destroy Metal Gear Solid if he releases that fucking film adaptation monstrosity.

Don't tell me. I know this!

The fucking Neversoft game does a better job adapting Venom into a new Spiderman story than the film does.

The first Spiderman game on PSX? That game was the best dude.

Sam Raimi's worst film is Oz the Great and Powerful.

Its not really noticeably bad, its just incredibly bland and generic

I personally think thats worse than making a complete and utter failure.

SteveTR

That game was super rad! I occasionally come back to it just to see if it still holds up. It still holds up.

The PC Spider-Man 2 game was pretty good, too. I've never played the PS2 version, which I've heard is better.

It's on my top all time video game list.

I love that game and how it handled comic book story continuity with a new story.

Swinging didn't make sense, but fighting and webbing was tactile and simple to pull off.

When I think of any adaptations, that's the game I look to. Spiderman 2 with the great web swing mechanics from Treyarch is up there as well, but there's too much busy work in that game.

Top Bottom