• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Zenfalcia

Here's some IndonesianBob stuff

BEHOLD: THE WOOLIE MOLE SAGA
Huh... That's a thing.
Well, I almost forgot to mention, I saw my first live school fight. I've always seen the videos afterwards, but never been there in person. Two buddies of mine don't like each other, and this eventually escalated into a fight. There was a huge circle around them, and people were recording it. One of them stared at one of the phones, gave a big grin, and then started wailing on the other guy. Both of these guys are friends of mine, and the guy who was getting wailed on, while not weak, isn't as strong as he thinks he is. He didn't even get a single hit in. Both got suspended for a week. It was an interesting fight, if you could call it that. It was more like a beating. The guy who lost horribly was also the one who challenged the other, and started the beef that led up to this.
Sounds like an amazing fight.
Indobob needs to make childrens books.
Especially NSFW children's books.

Well, I almost forgot to mention, I saw my first live school fight. I've always seen the videos afterwards, but never been there in person. Two buddies of mine don't like each other, and this eventually escalated into a fight. There was a huge circle around them, and people were recording it. One of them stared at one of the phones, gave a big grin, and then started wailing on the other guy. Both of these guys are friends of mine, and the guy who was getting wailed on, while not weak, isn't as strong as he thinks he is. He didn't even get a single hit in. Both got suspended for a week. It was an interesting fight, if you could call it that. It was more like a beating. The guy who lost horribly was also the one who challenged the other, and started the beef that led up to this.
I saw so many fights in high school. Hell, I was in quite a few of em. The ones I saw were dumb as hell cause high schoolers can't fight. Almost all the kids would try to do some stupid not real fighting pose. Shit was so lame.

Zenfalcia

I saw so many fights in high school. Hell, I was in quite a few of em. The ones I saw were dumb as hell cause high schoolers can't fight. Almost all the kids would try to do some stupid not real fighting pose. Shit was so lame.
It's especially lame when they don't even hit each other. I saw one where all they did push each other to the ground.
It was certainly fun to watch. The guy who lost was really embarrassed, because he was the one who challenged the other guy.
i bet it was. It's so much better that he challenged him.
later~

It's the same here, but we do occasionally get a good fight. I appreciate this one because, while it was lopsided, it was simple. No stupid not real fighting pose, just one guy punching another guy in the face repeatedly. You should have seen how far this guy slid on the floor. It was great.

semisonic

Banned

Back when I was a freshman, I saw a fight where one of the guys put his own head through a wall in a missed headbutt. Pulled it out, plaster all in his hair, and then wobbled around until they stopped the fight.
The hole stayed until I was a senior. It was fucking beautiful every time I saw it.

It's especially lame when they don't even hit each other. I saw one where all they did push each other to the ground.
That's what all the popular kids did. Tjat was the dumbest shit. Or what's even worse than that is when they'd just circle around each other just talking shit. Then they get in trouble for causing a scene and nothing else.

Rising still the best metal gear

3013583_o.gif

Xiraiya

Raiden's always been my favorite MGS protagonist. It goes Raiden>Big Boss>Snake. Big Boss is very close to Raiden, though.

Raiden was stupid as shit in MGS2, I enjoyed playing as him and MGS2 in general is great, but Jesus Christ was he stupid.
I'd rather play as Otacon if they're taking Snake away like that.

But Raiden was young, which is why he was pretty annoying.

Raiden was stupid as shit in MGS2, I enjoyed playing as him and MGS2 in general is great, but Jesus Christ was he stupid.

But he was young, which is why he was pretty annoying.
Honestly, Snake never really clicked with me. I don't know why. That's why I didn't really care that he was replaced by Raiden the way he was.

Zenfalcia

That's what all the popular kids did. Tjat was the dumbest shit. Or what's even worse than that is when they'd just circle around each other just talking shit. Then they get in trouble for causing a scene and nothing else.
it's the worst. Oh well, what can you do.
Whoops, that was Euros. For us silly Americans, and even sillier Canadians, it's slightly higher.

Oops.
Boo... Misinformation. Boo...

But Raiden was young, which is why he was pretty annoying.

I thought he was a great avatar for the player, which was his entire deal in MGS2. He was as clueless as the player was, he was as confused as the player was, and all he wanted to be was Snake, like the player did.

Then they fucked his entire purpose by making him a dumb ninja cyborg, and that was the end of that.

Fuck everything about MGS4.

i bet it was. It's so much better that he challenged him.

later~
Oh, it's fucking great. Later on, he posted on twitter that he wanted a rematch, and that he would totally kick the guy's ass next time. It's fucking hilarious. I don't know what he expects to be different next time, he didn't even get a hit in this time.

I thought he was a great avatar for the player, which was his entire deal in MGS2. He was as clueless as the player was, he was as confused as the player was, and all he wanted to be was Snake, like the player did.

Then they fucked his entire purpose by making him a dumb ninja cyborg, and that was the end of that.

Raiden being a dumb ass in 2 was necessary for the story, especially when it's deconstructing Metal Gear by imitating aspects of MGS1.

When you think about it, the plot of those games are contingent on their protagonists being completely stupid and not realizing the bigger picture.

Xiraiya

Honestly, Snake never really clicked with me. I don't know why. That's why I didn't really care that he was replaced by Raiden the way he was.

Raiden came off as such a try-hard though, I couldn't take his angst seriously, in 4 he was a little better, and to an extent having a lot of traumatic things bought back to the surface will do weird things to a person, so that's understandable, but still.
He's way too dramatic.

MGS4: Destroying MGS Canon since 2008.

I admit I still cried like a baby in that hallway scene.

Raiden being a dumb ass in 2 was necessary for the story, especially when it's deconstructing Metal Gear by imitating aspects of MGS1.

When you think about it, the plot of those games are contingent on their protagonists being completely stupid and not realizing the bigger picture.

No! Cyborg Ninjas and Gekko tho

Zenfalcia

Not even that. It's in pounds, not euros.
Even better.
Guess who fucking caved and bought Margaret for Ultimax finally?

(Hey guys.)
Nice.

Hi.
Oh, it's fucking great. Later on, he posted on twitter that he wanted a rematch, and that he would totally kick the guy's ass next time. It's fucking hilarious. I don't know what he expects to be different next time, he didn't even get a hit in this time.
That's hilarious.
B-but money!!! D:

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I've been watching Giant Bomb best ofs nonstop. They are so fucking good, but I can never get enough of Jeff and Ryan. Real shame that Ryan passed, he was fucking hilarious.

Top Bottom