• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

croten

Sam Raimi's worst film is Oz the Great and Powerful.

Its not really noticeably bad, its just incredibly bland and generic

I personally think thats worse than making a complete and utter failure.

I'd rather something bland and generic that I can forget rather something painfully awful that sticks with me forever.
Fuck you Star Wars prequels

If it's the one I'm thinking of, hell yeah it is!

That game was super rad! I occasionally come back to it just to see if it still holds up. It still holds up.

The PC Spider-Man 2 game was pretty good, too. I've never played the PS2 version, which I've heard is better.

It's on my top all time video game list.

I love that game and how it handled comic book story continuity with a new story.

Swinging didn't make sense, but fighting and webbing was tactile and simple to pull off.
Yeah it's the one where Carnage is the final boss?

That game is still fun today.

The charged up version of the web cocoon was amazing.

I'd rather something bland and generic that I can forget rather something painfully awful that sticks with me forever.
Fuck you Star Wars prequels

I find someone who is obviously talented and gifted not giving a shit and phoning it in more offensive than someone who is ineptly trying.

Raimi could have made OZ in his fucking sleep

360pages

Hey you shut your mouth, mario sunshine is a magical game that was merely hindered by uncomfortable standing and shooting controls. The rest of it is more than fine, and charming as fuck.

Most of the game barely has any platforming in it. Hell, most of the game you are doing stupid bullshit that had nothing to do with Platfroming. Remember those hotel levels?

semisonic

Banned
I find someone who is obviously talented and gifted not giving a shit and phoning it in more offensive than someone who is ineptly trying.

Raimi could have made OZ in his fucking sleep

That's the difference between a deadly prey and a She's out of your league.
One is shit and wonderful and also I need to watch it with aaron later, and the other is shit and shit and I don't need to watch it with aaron later.

That reminds me, I do have a favorite romantic comedy!
There's something about mary is great.

semisonic

Banned
Most of the game barely has any platforming in it. Hell, most of the game you are doing stupid bullshit that had nothing to do with Platfroming. Remember those hotel levels?

I actually really liked most of those. I found them a charming, welcome departure from the rest of the series. Almost like a spin off game.
Is Mario Sunshine a great game? Yes!
Is it a real Mario game? Eeeehhhhhh....

Also booting up snake eater now this fucking theme is even better in context my god

SteveTR

I have a confession to make.

There was a time when
I liked Jar Jar Binks and thought he was the best part of Phantom Menace.

You didn't even pet him?

That's quite the confession. How long did this last and how old were you you?

Of course, when I got him his previous owner has gotten ahold of his tail and he spun it off, so he was very cautious around people for awhile. It grew back with some time and he warmed up to me, mostly just lightly scratched his head.
Well, 8 year olds are notoriously lame. Especially when it comes to naming things.
When I was 4 I named the dog my parents got Pikachu.
You could buy the game, rip it, and emulate it on a PS TV or PC.

Also, Jeopardy is about to end with a contestant winning by default because the rest of the contestants couldn't stay out of the red until Final Jeopardy.
I'm not a fan of emulation on this PC anymore..it's really rough on my graphics card.

What an amazing game.

SteveTR

That's quite the confession. How long did this last and how old were you you?

It might have lasted about a year or two. I was about seven or eight.

It's funny. I liked the movie and didn't understand how someone could not like it. When I saw jokes about the movie being bad on the internet, I didn't understand what was funny about them.

Zenfalcia

Of course, when I got him his previous owner has gotten ahold of his tail and he spun it off, so he was very cautious around people for awhile. It grew back with some time and he warmed up to me, mostly just lightly scratched his head.
What a terrible owner. Shame you only scratched his head. There's so much more you could've done. :D

John-Leguizamo.1282670847.jpg

He'll remember this.

Zenfalcia

that's some dedication.
It might have lasted about a year or two. I was about seven or eight.

It's funny. I liked the movie and didn't understand how someone could not like it. When I saw jokes about the movie being bad on the internet, I didn't understand what was funny about them.
understandable, as long as you were young enough to enjoy him without knowing anything better.

SteveTR

understandable, as long as you were young enough to enjoy him without knowing anything better.

When I played the Phantom Menace video game years later, I already found him annoying.

By the way, a lot of people didn't like it, but I found it to be okay. The fact that you could play as so many different characters added to the experience.

I'm not a fan of emulation on this PC anymore..it's really rough on my graphics card.

What an amazing game.
Huh, that's odd. PS1 and PSP emulation generally shouldn't be a problem if you've got a GTX 560 Ti or equivalent and don't crank up the resolution beyond 1080p.

When I played the Phantom Menace video game years later, I already found him annoying.

By the way, a lot of people didn't like it, but I found it to be okay. The fact that you could play as so many different characters added to the experience.
Movie games that allow you to play from multiple characters' POV are usually better than the actual movie. Star Trek: Generations is another game that's like that.

She has good tastes in video games.

that's good. Yeah, that's not really petting.
Yeah..he was a mysterious jogo.
Huh, that's odd. PS1 and PSP emulation generally shouldn't be a problem if you've got a GTX 560 Ti or equivalent and don't crank up the resolution beyond 1080p.

I have an integrated graphics card man, while it's decent I can play most games on medium to high, emulation is rough on a lot of computers.

Zenfalcia

At least you got better tastes.

Xiraiya

Traditionally they use the Processor more than everything else, which is part of why they take so much to run, not enough of the workload being split up like it would be in an optimized scenario.

Well, I almost forgot to mention, I saw my first live school fight. I've always seen the videos afterwards, but never been there in person. Two buddies of mine don't like each other, and this eventually escalated into a fight. There was a huge circle around them, and people were recording it. One of them stared at one of the phones, gave a big grin, and then started wailing on the other guy. Both of these guys are friends of mine, and the guy who was getting wailed on, while not weak, isn't as strong as he thinks he is. He didn't even get a single hit in. Both got suspended for a week. It was an interesting fight, if you could call it that. It was more like a beating. The guy who lost horribly was also the one who challenged the other, and started the beef that led up to this.

Top Bottom