• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Ilvocare

Nice.

Hi.

I'm playing with her in Challenge mode and:
-Five CMs give her Personas absurd utility
-Her sweep covers the whole stage
-Her Mediarahan is mind-boggling and I'm struggling to find a use for it

Truly she is the Ultimate Ultra Suplex Hold.
Because it's her FA...!

After talking about the fight, it reminded me that about a year or two back, our school was in the news. There were a lot of fights around this time, and someone was posting them on facebook or something like that, and titled it school's name fight club. Then the news caught on, and aired a report that my school might have an organized fighting ring. No, you fucking idiots, it's just high schoolers fighting. Then there was the leaked naked pics scandal last year. Some photos were shared in a group chat or something, and ended with basically everyone at the school seeing the pictures. The cops got involved and tried to get everyone involved to delete the pictures. It worked for the most part, but to this day there's still a few stragglers left who have them. I'm pretty sure one of the girls in the pictures moved after it was over because of it.

semisonic

Banned
Not me, Jack.

I chose Codename STEAM over Rodea and Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS over Splatoon.

Those are both respectable choices. Xenoblade especially kicks total fucking ass. Just don't get burned out doing all the sidequests.
Although Splatoon might be a thing, we don't know the pricing on it yet.
I would love to have a bestgaf Splatoon community going. As far as I'm aware, we both have wii u's..

Zenfalcia

After talking about the fight, it reminded me that about a year or two back, our school was in the news. There were a lot of fights around this time, and someone was posting them on facebook or something like that, and titled it school's name fight club. Then the news caught on, and aired a report that my school might have an organized fighting ring. No, you fucking idiots, it's just high schoolers fighting. Then there was the leaked naked pics scandal last year. Some photos were shared in a group chat or something, and ended with basically everyone at the school seeing the pictures. The cops got involved and tried to get everyone involved to delete the pictures. It worked for the most part, but to this day there's still a few stragglers left who have them. I'm pretty sure one of the girls in the pictures moved after it was over because of it.
What an amazing school.
Am I the only one hyped for Bravely Second?
This trailer looks really good, but the only thing that irks me is the music. It's really not as good as Bravely Default, and it uses electric guitars way too much. Real shame.
- Main Theme
- Yuu's theme
- Magnolia's theme
- Edea's theme
- Tiz's theme
what's wrong with electric guitar?

Ants

You are not alone. I'm eagerly awaiting it. As much as I didn't like the second half of BD, the gameplay itself is phenomenal. It's the Final Fantasy I've been starved for. Plus, the main character's class pun is unbearably amazing.
A demon hunter whose class is Ba'al Buster? Holy shit.

What problems do you have with it?
It feels weird that they are pushing friendship of SEES way too hard. While they weren't total enemies, they had more conflict with each than the movie depicts other than Shinji and Ken at that point IIRC. Yukari's beach scene seemed super off. I really didn't like how they changed the dialogue from move on with your life and encouraging stuff about her dad to what about hanging out with SEES. While I do like the characterization of the silent protagonsists in the adaptions, it feels way to unnatural here. Its weird to see Makoto just to stop and say maybe we should let the Dark Hour go on before dealing the final blow.

Maybe its just me tho.

...I still like MGS4's plot for its own dumb shit.

Hell, I just see it as only a part of an overall bigger, more fucking stupidly complex plot about a 50 year long con by the son of the greatest warrior of the 20th century.

And I love every goddamn bit of it.

Emouse

I don't think I'm legitamately excited for any games coming out, I'm anticipating stuff but not shaking in my seat excited, the last time I was like that was for Smash 4 Wii U? idk, nothing hypes me until I play it now

croten

I don't think I'm legitamately excited for any games coming out, I'm anticipating stuff but not shaking in my seat excited, the last time I was like that was for Smash 4 Wii U? idk, nothing hypes me until I play it now

I don't think I've been more excited for a game than I am for MGS5

Ants

It feels weird that they are pushing friendship of SEES way too hard. While they weren't total enemies, they had more conflict with each than the movie depicts other than Shinji and Ken at that point IIRC. Yukari's beach scene seemed super off. I really didn't like how they changed the dialogue from move on with your life stuff to what about hanging out with SEES. While I do like the characterization of the silent protagonsists in the adaptions, it feels way to unnatural here. Its weird to see Makoto just to stop and say maybe we should let the Dark Hour go on before dealing the final blow.

Maybe its just me tho.

I super agree. The cast of P4 you could totally believe would be friends when the murder investigation ends, but SEES? They might tolerate each others' company but I really don't see them going out to the movies or anything like that if it's not related to the incidents.

Zenfalcia

It apparently also produces some of the best test scores in the state, for whatever that's worth. Our old principal and some of the teachers certainly think that it's worth enough to keep reminding us of it constantly.
I guess that's good. Too many things could influence good test scores, but who knows. They must be doing something right...
I just ate taco bell. A siracha quesarito, two nacho cheese locos tacos all with twelve fire sauce packets mixed in for good measure.
Rip in peace your pooper.

Well, it's better than what my school might still be remembered for, even if it was only one or two idiots fucking around.

The irony was that the stuff done to correct the problems just made my class really fucking jaded and do stuff ironically that might've been seen in a bad light outside of the school.

Skrams

Man Bojack Horseman gets so real.

Man, I can't remember if it's episode 11 or 12 or whatever, but fuck, that shit gets fucking real as hell near the ending and it's the best.

I feel like I'm the only person in the thread not excited for Bloodborne.

I guess you just don't like video games.

Everyone's still mad about Bravely Defaults ending requirements, so it's not surprising you feel alone.

It apparently also produces some of the best test scores in the state, for whatever that's worth. Our old principal and some of the teachers certainly think that it's worth enough to keep reminding us of it constantly.
Yes, test scores are what really matter. Not literacy or important life skills like financial competence, but arbitrary test scores that mean basically nothing in the real world.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I don't think I've been more excited for a game than I am for MGS5

*cough*Persona 5*cough*

But I'm actually really excited for the new Zelda. It's like Twilight Princess had sex with Skyward Swords art and item design and gave birth to glorious a glorious Wind Waker style but-without-the-whole-sailing-thing-and-with-a-cool-horse-you-can-jump-off-of-and-shoot-fucking-arrows-in-the-air-mother-fucker open world.

croten

I don't even mind MGS4's poor plot, it's everything else that sucks. The beauties are terrible bosses, Drebin and his stupid monkey suck, the whole romance sub-plot is shit, the cutscene-to-gameplay ratio felt fucked, there were very little worthwile, iconic areas you went to (rather you just kept jumping between positions) and more.

There were some fantastic moments, like the microwave hallway, the final battle and the return to you-know-where, but man was it disappointing overall.

Pretty much my exact opinion on it.
*cough*Persona 5*cough*

But I'm actually really excited for the new Zelda. It's like Twilight Princess had sex with Skyward Swords art and item design and gave birth to glorious a glorious Wind Waker style but-without-the-whole-sailing-thing-and-with-a-cool-horse-you-can-jump-off-of-and-shoot-fucking-arrows-in-the-air-mother-fucker open world.

Persona and Zelda are pretty cool I guess

I'm actaully freaking out about the witcher 3 I'm constantly thinking about that game because I looks really good

and of course p5

Also, I just finished with the first two missions in DmC Definitive Edition. Played it with Turbo and Hardcore mode enabled.

Yeah, that does feel more like actual Devil May Cry. Though my mind has forgotten most of what the moves and shit from the original version was like that I am almost questioning whether they changed a lot of the animations to resemble old Dante's.

Oh well, this has definitely helped sate my appetite for DMC4 Vergil Edition. I'll play through more of it this weekend when I have time.

Ants

nah being half hispanic grants you magical powers of spicy tolerance

It is basically incredible how this works. It doesn't even require any tolerance building, I can just immediately eat the spiciest whatever.

However, I'm pretty sure that comment wasn't about the spiciness as much as the source. . . .

Xiraiya

...I still like MGS4's plot for its own dumb shit.
Hell, I just see it as only a part of an overall bigger, more fucking stupidly complex plot about a 50 year long con by the son of the greatest warrior of the 20th century.
And I love every goddamn bit of it.

I can safely say I enjoyed every minute of MGS4, 3 had a way better story, but 4 was just as entertaining in other ways.

That's gonna come back out super bad.

Nah Ive had worse than that one time I used twenty fire sauce packets

It is basically incredible how this works. It doesn't even require any tolerance building, I can just immediately eat the spiciest whatever.

However, I'm pretty sure that comment wasn't about the spiciness as much as the source. . . .

I think taco bell has only fucked me up once

Top Bottom