• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Yaaaaaaaay!

Spring training baseball is back!

Anyone a part of MLB GAF?
Royals gonna finish the job this year.
PC gaming and I go together as well as Pat and Yukiko locked in a closet for 7 minutes in heaven.

I prefer consoles
Eh, I like having my games runs the way I want them to.
If you can get over drm like Uplay and Origin you can enjoy a wide variety of games...LIKE SIMS 4!
Or, I can buy the game, and get a DRM free rip.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No u

At least your team will be competitive. The Mets are going to be fucking terrible.

No u

You're a Mets fan..?

I'm so sorry..

But seriously fuck them for getting rid of Porcello for more hitting power that they don't need. The motherfuckers resigned the two relieving pitchers that knocked them out of the playoffs last year..what the fuck!

360pages

o u

I've always felt that when they're fighting, time is slowed down so that we, the viewer, can comprehend it. You see in the beginning of the fights with Nappa, Gohan can't even follow the action until he acclimates to the speed. I think that's supposed to be what it would look like to normal humans. It's like how Bruce Lee's punches are played at half the framerate in his movies. Time dilation, yo.

Well it makes the five minute plot point in the Frieza Saga make sense. Though that could have been because Frieza was just estimating.

Ants

Well it makes the five minute plot point in the Frieza Saga make sense. Though that could have been because Frieza was just estimating.

Yeah, that's when I "realized" it was a thing. It's also reasonable to assume it's more intense as power levels increase. Even in Dragonball, when Krillin and "Jackie Chun" fight, there's this extended explanation of what happened in a split-second clash, involving a game of rock paper scissors and a magic loogie, among other things.

semisonic

Banned
Oh man snake eater already kicks so much ass why did I not play it before
Oh right it's cause I thought their sightlines were good
and so I crawled everywhere and put on my camo every 2 seconds
and then quit because it was so fucking slow

I wasn't very good at metal gear you guys

360pages

He must really suck at estimating time then. Didn't that fight go on for like three episodes?

It's long, the Kai version was, the original version was something closer to 5-7. Though Speed was always a weird thing in DBZ, since the characters somehow managed to get faster than the speed of light.

No, thats a hashtag, old man

:p

It's only a hashtag on Twiiter.

Or Facebook.
Or Tubmlr.
Or Instagram...

Ahhhh fuck it.

You're a Mets fan..?

I'm so sorry..

I think I'm supposed to be a Florida Marlins fan, I'm not sure anymore since they started calling themselves the Miami Marlins, which just sounds awkward to me. The team switching to call themselves Miami makes me think they don't care about the other parts of the South Florida Metro Area, or something. It rubs me the wrong way, even though I don't feel that way about the Heat.

Also from what I understand, Loria is an ass. I don't watch all that much baseball, but I know that. Well, it was kind of hard to avoid that because of how much his asshattery stank.

Eh, my true love lies with the Panthers anyway, if only everyone else did, especially since they're the only franchise down here as far as I know that is doing moderately well. Well, the Heat aren't doing terribly since they're in the playoff picture.

semisonic

Banned
Nah, College sports are the only ones worth watching. Especially Football and Basketball. MARCH MADNESS MOFOS!

I fucking hate march madness.
As someone who gives no fucks about sports, having people constantly talk about their brackets drives me nuts when it's the majority of the talk around me.

I gotta go do a thing for 2d animation and asset production now.
I'll be back in like 2 hours.
You wanna try the instasync of Now and Then, Here and There then?
I'm ready to get sadfaced if you are.

It's long, the Kai version was, the original version was something closer to 5-7. Though Speed was always a weird thing in DBZ, since the characters somehow managed to get faster than the speed of light.
Yeah, that's what, close to three hours in the original? And speed wasn't even an issue in the freiza fight. Freiza just fucked up super hard on his timer.

Ants

He must really suck at estimating time then. Didn't that fight go on for like three episodes?

In addition to the time dilation theory, I'm pretty sure at one point, Frieza says something like "This planet's a tough old bird, it's lasted longer than I thought it would."

Eh, my true love lies with the Panthers anyway, if only everyone else did, especially since they're the only franchise down here as far as I know that is doing moderately well. Well, the Heat aren't doing terribly since they're in the playoff picture.

Every team in the East is practically in the Playoff picture.

Except the lolKnicks.

In addition to the time dilation theory, I'm pretty sure at one point, Frieza says something like "This planet's a tough old bird, it's lasted longer than I thought it would."
Really? It's been a looong time since I saw the freiza fight. In the anime at least.
And time dilation theory? Where's that from?

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I fucking hate march madness.
As someone who gives no fucks about sports, having people constantly talk about their brackets drives me nuts when it's the majority of the talk around me.

I gotta go do a thing for 2d animation and asset production now.
I'll be back in like 2 hours.
You wanna try the instasync of Now and Then, Here and There then?
I'm ready to get sadfaced if you are.

I'm ready whenever.

It's only a hashtag on Twiiter.

Or Facebook.
Or Tubmlr.
Or Instagram...

Ahhhh fuck it.

I think I'm supposed to be a Florida Marlins fan, I'm not sure anymore since they started calling themselves the Miami Marlins, which just sounds awkward to me. The team switching to call themselves Miami makes me think they don't care about the other parts of the South Florida Metro Area, or something. It rubs me the wrong way, even though I don't feel that way about the Heat.

Also from what I understand, Loria is an ass. I don't watch all that much baseball, but I know that. Well, it was kind of hard to avoid that because of how much his asshattery stank.

I believe the moved the franchise to Miami because of how poor they were doing in..Tallahassee? I think that's where they were, plus with the massive Cuban population in Miami it was a guarantee that it would sell more tickets.
The Heat are doing fine, they were alright before and after Lebron left, then again it's not hard to get into the Playoffs in the NBA, just right around or barely above 500 and you're in.

I believe the moved the franchise to Miami because of how poor they were doing in..Tallahassee? I think that's where they were, plus with the massive Cuban population in Miami it was a guarantee that it would sell more tickets.
The Heat are doing fine, they were alright before and after Lebron left, then again it's not hard to get into the Playoffs in the NBA, just right around or barely above 500 and you're in.

They were always in Miami, they just moved into Little Havana like 10-15 minutes further south and changed their name. That's probably part of why it felt weird.

EDIT - Oh fuck, DP

A lot of my family are Knicks fans, it makes me laugh.

The whole Atlantic division is just a sad sad deflated basketball.
They were always in Miami, they just moved into Little Havana like 10-15 minutes further south and changed their name. That's probably part of why it felt weird.

EDIT - Oh fuck, DP
They wanted them Cuban sales man.

They'll be decent this year, they probably won't win the East considering how fucking godlike Washingtons pitching rotation is now, but they will defiantly be in for a wild card spot.

360pages

Well, most normal humans usually can't even see he Z-fighters fight. Though it is weird how Powerlevel = Speed, when there should be a limit on how fast someone can get. But I probably shouldn't be brining physics into DBZ.

croten

Well, most normal humans usually can't even see he Z-fighters fight. Though it is weird how Powerlevel = Speed, when there should be a limit on how fast someone can get. But I probably shouldn't be brining physics into DBZ.

When people can fly yeah I think physics should take a backseat

Ants

There must be, but I know there's stuff where, like, I think Krillin doesn't even see Perfect Cell kick his shit in. So clearly there must be some correlation.

Numb

What up nerds
Did that Monster Hunter survey. They better bring it to console
I can feel we are about to watch Face Off soon

Numb

New Madworld baby
itRzfVS2Xqf2w.gif

Skrams

Skrams, I know about Rodea and Splatoon, but I have a game budget I have to adhere to.

Yeah, I just figured most people didn't have their budgets planned out to 6 months in advance for video games. I have a list of games I plan to buy this year, but that shit changes frequently with how many more things are announced or pushed back. Also invest in Best Buy's Gamer's Club Unlocked if you haven't yet. 30 bucks to save 20% on all new purchases so $12 off each 60 dollar thing.

Also yeah, the battle theme for Xenoblade Chronicles X is good, but mostly I like the fact Sawano is using what I think is the same rapper from the Kill La Kill OST. I don't know if I exactly like the other music yet though since I'm slipping into the "this all sounds really samey" category. I'm only really basing that off KLK, Aldnoah Zero, and this though. I also might be a hypocrite since he likes using the same women singer which is where I draw the samey part from while I don't think the rapper from the KLK OST ever actually was heard in the show.

Top Bottom