• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

On the way to the movie theater.

Apparently the guy who DID the Kill La Kill and Gurren osts is doing Xenoblade X

Their better be a "Don't lose your way" hype theme.

Hope the battle theme grows on me

grimmiq

So I've never finished a Legend of Zelda game..I'm apparently at Chapter 10 out of 14 in Wind Waker..when the fuck do I actually meet/hear about Zelda?

So far this game has been the vaguest shit I've ever played..

Bird kidnaps Link's Sister thinking she's the pirate girl.
Link finds out the Bird's been taking blonde girls with pointy ears (Assumed immediately it's looking for Zelda)
Link goes with Pirates to find his sister, Dude (Ganon) tells him to fuck off.
Meets a talking boat that tells me Ganon's a douche and only a Hero can beat him and I need to get Pearls for reasons.
Gather Pearls while Ganon's minions be complete dicks.
Yo, you got the pearls, now find out if you're a hero!
Oh, you're real Hero now!

and that's where I'm up to.

croten

So I've never finished a Legend of Zelda game..I'm apparently at Chapter 10 out of 14 in Wind Waker..when the fuck do I actually meet/hear about Zelda?

Link finds out the Bird's been taking blonde girls with pointy ears (Assumed immediately it's looking for Zelda)
Meets a talking boat that tells me Ganon's a douche and only a Hero can beat him and I need to get Pearls for reasons.

You're like a third of the way through it. I don't know what chapters you're talking about, Zelda isn't split into chapters

http://youtube.com/watch?v=I71QtNujtuc

Skrams

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say the word chapter when talking about a Zelda game. They usually just say they've completed so and so dungeon.

You're not that far in. Keep playing and you'll be answered soonish.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

You are like 2/5 through the game.

Sounds like it's not for you.

You still have a bit more to go, you still haven't gotten the master sword yet.

grimmiq

You are like 2/5 through the game.

Sounds like it's not for you.

I'm enjoying the gameplay and art style, I guess with how I've heard people talk about the story/characters/games I expect more of a storytelling adventure rather "You completed the dungeon, go here for the next one".

Fought the boss in the Tower of the Gods for over an hour before realizing I don't need to manually aim the bow..

Rizzi

Eyy, RE4 HD complete.
Oh look, a real mercenaries mode that doesn't control like shit. This game is way better than RE6.

Squishy3

I'm enjoying the gameplay and art style, I guess with how I've heard people talk about the story/characters/games I expect more of a storytelling adventure rather "You completed the dungeon, go here for the next one".
Windwaker is the game lightest on content, go play OOT/MM/Link's Awakening for characters. I'd say Link to the Past but that doesn't really have a character focus like the other games either.

croten

Well it's got a good story and characters compared to Zelda games

Skrams

Fuck monster hunter.

Wasted a half hour, all the healing items I had.

I must be playing it wrong.
You haven't even fought Tetsucabra yet. I don't even know how you'd be approaching the situation for that kind of stuff to happen. Pop into the steam chat so I can yell at you more easily.

Sawano didn't do the Gurren OST, only the KLK OST. The guy who did the Gurren OST did Jojo's Part 2 OST.

COMIN' THRU COMIN' THRU COMIN' THRU NOW

I completely forgot he did the JoJo Part 2 OST. I also don't remember a lot of the Part 2 OST since I'm a bad person probably. I remember the obvious stuff, but not this track. This is the kind of stuff I can get behind.

Yeah, I just figured most people didn't have their budgets planned out to 6 months in advance for video games. I have a list of games I plan to buy this year, but that shit changes frequently with how many more things are announced or pushed back. Also invest in Best Buy's Gamer's Club Unlocked if you haven't yet. 30 bucks to save 20% on all new purchases so $12 off each 60 dollar thing.

Also yeah, the battle theme for Xenoblade Chronicles X is good, but mostly I like the fact Sawano is using what I think is the same rapper from the Kill La Kill OST. I don't know if I exactly like the other music yet though since I'm slipping into the "this all sounds really samey" category. I'm only really basing that off KLK, Aldnoah Zero, and this though. I also might be a hypocrite since he likes using the same women singer which is where I draw the samey part from while I don't think the rapper from the KLK OST ever actually was heard in the show.

GCU is 100 dollars breh. Where is it 30? I wouldn't have renewed with GameStop if it was 30.

Where do pearls sit? Where do you think they should rest?

Fought the boss in the Tower of the Gods for over an hour before realizing I don't need to manually aim the bow..

WW isn't the best Zelda if you want world building.

You should give Links awakening or Majoras Mask a shot.

grimmiq

Windwaker is the game lightest on content, go play OOT/MM/Link's Awakening for characters. I'd say Link to the Past but that doesn't really have a character focus like the other games either.

Don't have a 3DS at the moment but the plan was to play Wind Waker > Twilight Princess > Skyward Sword, then picking up a 3DS if I enjoyed them.

Duh, what idiot doesn't make use of a dodge roll.

But if I was doing it right then I wouldn't be taking so much damage. So I'm just an idiot anyway.

Babby's first monster hunter. I'm fighting some fire bird thing on the expedition.
That's probably a kut ku. Learn it's tells for when it attacks. And stay the hell away when he runs.

But if I was doing it right then I wouldn't be taking so much damage. So I'm just an idiot anyway.

Babby's first monster hunter. I'm fighting some fire bird thing on the expedition.

You're still farther than me, I'm still farming the great Jaggi for armour. I probably should play that since the Panthers game just ended... but I really think I'm gonna play some DotA now. Why is it that I buy all these games then just play F2P shit? I have a problem.

Bruh.

Also yeah, the expedition will kick your ass a lil bit. Kut Ku is a definite jump in difficulty, but not too bad.

Damn, if I played console games other than 3DS I'd so jump on that. Maybe after I build a computer since I plan to save up for a Liam or a WiiU.

EDIT - DP again. Holy shit I'm off my game tonight.

Is the armor you're wearing not fire resistant? That could be a reason you're taking so much damage

Glitches, are you knocking your hunts down and mounting them?

Have you bought fire resistant armor?

Have you tried using a different weapon?

Glitches, are you knocking your hunts down and mounting them?

Have you bought fire resistant armor?

Have you tried using a different weapon?

I haven't been able to knock one down except once with the Jaggi. I can't do it in the expedition because it's a flat plain.

No, I'm using the standard intro armor upgraded once because of the gimmie for that.

I went from the glaive to dual blades to charge blade.

I haven't been able to knock one down except once with the Jaggi. I can't do it in the expedition because it's a flat plain.
No, I'm using the standard intro armor upgraded once because of the gimmie for that.

Glaives are good single player weapons for the catapult move and the ability to buff yourself

I'd say hit him a few times then back off to see what he does and get away quick if he goes after you. And I wouldn't try to go for big hits unless you knock him over.

Also, I'd switch the derring armor for some chainmail. It'll give you a bit more protection.

You might just want to avoid expeditions until you get some better equipment or maybe go gather materials to make mega potions to ease the damage you're taking

This is good advice. I try to stay away from the expeditions because of how aggravating being attacked by 2 hunts is.

I was playing MH4U in bed, getting ready to go to sleep. But then suddenly I hear Matt Mercer and a bunch of voice actors are doing D&D on Twitch. WELL FUCK HOW WILL I SLEEP NOW?! I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE RIGHT NOW. I love like... all of these VAs too...

You might just want to avoid expeditions until you get some better equipment or maybe go gather materials to make mega potions to ease the damage you're taking

But I've done every quest that I have available to me now, and everything else is baseline... I can't even get the materials I need to do weapon upgrades. Is there something I'm missing here?

Top Bottom