• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

croten

But I've done every quest that I have available to me now, and everything else is baseline... I can't even get the materials I need to do weapon upgrades. Is there something I'm missing here?

Yeah, you have to repeat quests a lot in this game. Also the Kinsect Glaive is very annoying to upgrade.

But I've done every quest that I have available to me now, and everything else is baseline... I can't even get the materials I need to do weapon upgrades. Is there something I'm missing here?

If you're doing that first required expedition you don't actually have to kill the monster you can just run through the areas till you get to the exit. If that's not the case just talk to all the people that are marked by yellow word bubbles on your map

Squishy3

At a point weapon upgrades will be walled off by material requirements that only drop from higher level versions of monsters, but you should be able to do one or two upgrades at the point you're at. The big thing is learning monster tells. Make sure you get the starter pack and all the DLC currently available from the cat attendant in your home as well. (The one on the right, not your palico) Starter pack gives a bunch of helpful utility items.

Kiranico is an essential resource as well for actually finding stuff: http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u

What quest level are you up to? Have you done any MP hunts?

2. No, because everyone's off doing G rank quests to keep up with Pat, and I really don't want to be carried in a mission because I don't want to be a useless scrub.

If you're doing that first required expedition you don't actually have to kill the monster you can just run through the areas till you get to the exit. If that's not the case just talk to all the people that are marked by yellow word bubbles on your map

That first one I got fine because the Veloci-whatever was very similar to the Jaggi, a lot of the same tells. I picked up the thing that dropped and ended up killing it anyway. This bird didn't drop anything while I was fighting it, otherwise I would have quit.

joe2187

Banned
Yo I wanna share play some shit on PS4.

anyone want to experience it with Rev2 with me? apparently share play can act as local co-op.

2. No, because everyone's off doing G rank quests to keep up with Pat, and I really don't want to be carried in a mission because I don't want to be a useless scrub.

That first one I got fine because the Veloci-whatever was very similar to the Jaggi, a lot of the same tells. I picked up the thing that dropped and ended up killing it anyway. This bird didn't drop anything while I was fighting it, otherwise I would have quit.

Hey I'm still HR2 because I've been busy with school and shit I'd be willing to help out in the coming days since spring break is coming up.

croten

You should either buy the chainmail set for the extra defense or farm Great Jaggi's to get the Jaggi set.

You should either buy the chainmail set for the extra defense or farm Great Jaggi's to get the Jaggi set.

But the Jaggi set is -fire resist is the problem, I guess? I've been using most pieces of the Jaggi set except for the Faulds because I can't seem to get his head to break.

Squishy3

Yeah you said in steam chat you didn't want jaggi because it had negative fire res but enemies do so little damage at low rank resistances don't matter all that much.

Every piece of armor is going to have some elemental weakness, it's just how the game is. This is alleviated by food boosting resistances if you choose that combination of food, or not getting hit.

But the Jaggi set is -fire resist is the problem, I guess? I've been using most pieces of the Jaggi set except for the Faulds because I can't seem to get his head to break.

If you're using the glaive it's going to be a lot harder to break things on him just keep landing a bunch of heavy attacks on his head especially when he's knocked over.

Ilvocare

Its to recover from mind charge which reduces HP to awakening.

Figure I should reconfirm this after dicking about in challenge mode: Margie has no Mind Charge. I feel like it would be useful as a round reset of sorts. Of course, there's no way it'll heal to full on both parties...

Fair enough, I picked up Skyward Sword when it released but gave up somewhere around the place with all the mine carts.

I'd like to pipe in: I do not like SS, but the desert and mine cart area legit felt like the best zone. The volcano was fucking awful, though.
And the fucking moment I realized I'd have to go back I dropped the game. Hard.

This was after the best boss fight in the game, too.
Shilling more PWG. Write up from Dave Meltzer who is a prominent writer in wrestling/MMA

I feel like just linking the article you pulled that all from would've been way easier.

grimmiq

I'd like to pipe in: I do not like SS, but the desert and mine cart area legit felt like the best zone. The volcano was fucking awful, though.
And the fucking moment I realized I'd have to go back I dropped the game. Hard.

This was after the best boss fight in the game, too.

The mine cart area is just the last bit I remember, whether I thought it was good or bad I have no recollection.

Just got the Master Sword and heading back to the Prison Island.

so after feeling a little disappointed in Xenoblade's combat, I went out to find a copy of Star Ocean 4 for the PS3. All the big name stores did not have a copy of it but I was able to find it in a Gamestop. No, not the Gamestop, A Gamestop. I grabbed their business card because I found it hilarious, check out this shameless shit.
bRyIDTi.jpg

sjay1994

so after feeling a little disappointed in Xenoblade's combat, I went out to find a copy of Star Ocean 4 for the PS3. All the big name stores did not have a copy of it but I was able to find it in a Gamestop. No, not the Gamestop, A Gamestop. I grabbed their business card because I found it hilarious, check out this shameless shit.

Thats pretty great

They can't possibly have worse trade in deals right? Damn that's shameless tho.

How are they still in business? I'd figure the gamestop woulda shut them down. Maybe they can't be bothered. That's probly it.

I've been reading up on the story and characters in HM2 and it's really interesting.

I just beat the tanker, I am on the 12th scene now, but I am probably done for the day.

That tanker left a bad taste in my mouth

Buckle up. The next couple of missions are probably the worst ones in the game. They get good again once you get to Act

Sorry that Xenoblade is letting you down.

Doesn't really inspire any hope in me for the 3DS game.

The "fun" in Xenoblade's combat is similar to FFXII's in that it's about setting up combos and techniques through skill link

Ilvocare

Watching the Parasite Eve playthrough. Oh man, I finally found something sciency in the game that the game assumes is true that I know it isn't. Like before it had sorta-true states leading to dumb conclusions but I found a dumb state.

When Maeda talks about Klamp "excluding the mitochondria from the sperm" I just remembered that that wouldn't fucking matter because when sperm fertilizes an egg, everything outside of the jettisoned genetic material stays outside of the egg. All mitochondria is maternally inherited by default already. Klamp confirmed to have been doing nothing and accomplishing even less.

Watching the Parasite Eve playthrough. Oh man, I finally found something sciency in the game that the game assumes is true that I know it isn't. Like before it had sorta-true states leading to dumb conclusions but I found a dumb state.

When Maeda talks about Klamp "excluding the mitochondria from the sperm" I just remembered that that wouldn't fucking matter because when sperm fertilizes an egg, everything outside of the jettisoned genetic material stays outside of the egg. All mitochondria is maternally inherited by default already. Klamp confirmed to have been doing nothing and accomplishing even less.

Reporting those hard facts
tumblr_mw9jpeLqps1snn0hpo1_400.gif

I doubt anyone writing Parasite Eve thought to fact check the script. Stupid bullshit science is easier for the audience anyway.

God damn, Parasite Eve sounds super stupid. At least it's not Third Birthday level stupid.
Come on man, I trusted you.

Xiraiya

OH WHAT

KLAMP'S TAKING ME ON A WILD RIDE

"The mitochondria is passed on from the mother, but you see..."
"traces from the father can also be found in minute quantities..."

THEY KNEW

THEY KNEW AND FLIP-TURNED ME UPSIDE-DOWN

I WAS RUSED
You flew too close to the sun and you got burned in your hubris.

Top Bottom