• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

OH WHAT

KLAMP'S TAKING ME ON A WILD RIDE

"The mitochondria is passed on from the mother, but you see..."
"traces from the father can also be found in minute quantities..."

THEY KNEW

THEY KNEW AND FLIP-TURNED ME UPSIDE-DOWN

I WAS RUSED
tumblr_mw9l0bLhXY1snn0hpo1_400.gif

sjay1994

HM probably has the most frustrating lock on I have ever seen.

Lets lock on to the guy in the other room, rather than the guy behind the glass.

Most of my deaths have been me getting shot from out of view, or trades, and I don't have good accuracy because of thumb sticks.

Not to mention the look around is so god damn finicky.

I also am not a fan of the mutliple characters, cuz it prevents you from playing the way you want to like in the first game, and instead forces you to use characters whose abilities are never explained.

Man this game is frustrating.... but the soundtrack is amazing.

Xiraiya

DBZ dub is amazing, even Kai's with its strange choices still kept most of the amazing Voice cast.

Xenoverse hasn't been too bad, I feel like the DBZ dub has definitely deteriorated over time, only Goku is still as good as ever.
Trunk's "HEY!" when you interact with him is hilarious, it's so loud and gruff and abrupt.

Frieza sounds more like his japanese counter part, which is weird but it works well.

Vegeta sounds not nearly as good as he use to, I don't really know why but goddamn Raditz sounds much more like Vegeta than Vegeta does.

Lets lock on to the guy in the other room, rather than the guy behind the glass.

Most of my deaths have been me getting shot from out of view, or trades, and I don't have good accuracy because of thumb sticks.

I also am not a fan of the mutliple characters, cuz it prevents you from playing the way you want to like in the first game, and instead forces you to use characters whose abilities are never explained.

that's the general consensus. Still happy I got the collectors edition

Xenoverse hasn't been too bad, I feel like the DBZ dub has definitely deteriorated over time, only Goku is still as good as ever.
Trunk's "HEY!" when you interact with him is hilarious, it's so loud and gruff and abrupt.

Frieza sounds more like his japanese counter part, which is weird but it works well.

Vegeta sounds not nearly as good as he use to, I don't really know why but goddamn Raditz sounds much more like Vegeta than Vegeta does.

Ive always liked Sabat more as Kuwabara and Cook more as Yusuke.

Ilvocare

I'm almost certain all this spontaneous dub love in the thread has given Aaron an aneurysm monstar in his throat, wherever he currently is.

I agree with most of this, but I don't understand how the characters abilities are not explained.

360pages

I think Vegeta they wanted to remove some of the gruff from it. So he talks smother now. Trunks sounds really gruff in Kai. I'm happy they got Jeice back for Xenoverse though, his replacement in Kai...wasn't very fun.

convo

Teamfourstar are really going after that DarkSidePhil-money in those Xenoverse videos, i guess that is as good a place they can manage i guess. How can they even pretend to have a chance in this battle?

360pages

They were actually doing pretty good until the whole Ginyu part...which I admit is kind of bullshit if you aren't a little over leveled.

sjay1994

HM2 probably has like top 3 favorite video game soundtracks. If it wasn't for the soundtrack I would be way harsher on this game

Was pretty happy I A+'d the level with Sexualizer.

But playing the game just grinds my gears. They made the levels way to big, and filled them with enemies.

That tanker really was fucking bullshit.

Was pretty happy I A+'d the level with Sexualizer.

But playing the game just grinds my gears. They made the levels way to big, and filled them with enemies.

That tanker really was fucking bullshit.

Hotline Miami 2: wrong level design

Defintely the most disappointing game of the year

If they zoom out the camera, reduce the sight of enemies, fix some of the AI bugs, and give you more ammo in the
war missions
the game would be so much better.

Hotline Miami 2: wrong level design

Defintely the most disappointing game of the year

I don't know why they tried to change so much. I understand not wanting to do the same game, and that's fine. Good to avoid stagnation. But some of these changes are just changes for the sake of change, and that's not good.

Still a good game, but not as good as it could have been.

I don't know why they tried to change so much. I understand not wanting to do the same game, and that's fine. Good to avoid stagnation. But some of these changes are just changes for the sake of change, and that's not good.

They basically attempted to fix what wasn't broken and made it way worse.

360pages

I think keeping things simple while improving the core is important to sequels. Despite the Pokémon games being somewhat stagnant. (OR and aS are the first ones I skipped in awhile) I do think they know that keeping the core unchanged and adding here or there is the best bet.

Well I'm just garbage at this game then.
Practice is actually a huge huge part of MonHun. Like I tried out gun lance today and got FUCKED since I've never even touched it before. This is after 200 hours between 3U and 4U.
I don't know why they tried to change so much. I understand not wanting to do the same game,and that's fine. Good to avoid stagnation. But some of these changes are just changes for the sake of change, and that's not good.

It feels like to really different game actually. It's more about specific combat scenarios with clear progression that you're intended to use. There's none of the freedom and hectic-ness from the first game, with some characters especially.

The 4
animal mask
guys were the closest it came to old Hotline in terms of mechanics.

It feels like to really different game actually. It's more about specific combat scenarios with clear progression that you're intended to use. There's none of the freedom and hectic-ness from the first game, with some characters especially.

The 4
animal mask
guys were the closest it came to old Hotline in terms of mechanics.

The game might not have the same level of freedom that HM1 has, but it definitely has the same level of hecticness.

sjay1994

If they zoom out the camera, reduce the sight of enemies, fix some of the AI bugs, and give you more ammo in the
war missions
the game would be so much better.

I've only done one war mission, but I don't mind the lack of ammo. I mostly just used the bullets to lure enemies towards me, then switch to the knife and got high combos.

What I hate are all the fans except Tony and the detective.

Squishy3

That last level in HLM2 is some cool fucking bullshit though.

Also that level as the Detective where you go to Ash's sister's house and you can walk to the back of his car and it opens the trunk to show he has someone in there.

Top Bottom