• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

That is a decent narrative reason, I really don't see the reason for it though. Since I don't think it makes the game stronger, and in fact that it ha more to lose than gain with the change.

While I understand what they are trying to go for, AI is almost always shitty and can't respond to as many different situations as a person can.

Trust AI lawl.
Game being balanced around just you makes it fine IMO. Stuff like homunculuses helps reduce "Mc ded game over lol" syndrome to be rare enough that it's fine.

Your party is a bonus.

Squishy3

That makes no sense. What happened to all this lore about the gerudos and being raised to be thieves and pirates?
It has nothing to do with that.

Demise just has someone with his will born every generation, just like Link and Zelda keep getting reincarnated, even to people who have nothing to do with their lineage. (See: Wind Waker Link)

Think of it like destiny always makes them come together.

A good analogy would be Stand users in Jojo's, even if part 3 doesn't address it. (This is a part 4 thing) Stand users are attracted to one another, and Link, Zelda, and Ganon will always come together at some point in their lives, much like Stand users.

10/10

Best girl

what_to_wear_today____by_oh8-d80mo4e.jpg

It has nothing to do with that.

Demise just has someone with his will born every generation, just like Link and Zelda keep getting reincarnated, even to people who have nothing to do with their lineage. (See: Wind Waker Link)

Think of it like destiny always makes them come together.

A good analogy would be Stand users in Jojo's, even if part 3 doesn't address it. (This is a part 4 thing) Stand users are attracted to one another, and Link, Zelda, and Ganon will always come together at some point in their lives, much like Stand users.

So SS is a fucking cop out to basically say : hey this series will NEVER end!

So SS is a fucking cop out to basically say : hey this series will NEVER end!

Ding ding ding!

What's even worse is that Skyward Sword has pratically guaranteed that Nintendo will never try to develop a story in the Zelda universe again, because they got that lore MacGuffin they installed in SS.

Ding ding ding!

What's even worse is that Skyward Sword has pratically guaranteed that Nintendo will never try to develop a story in the Zelda universe again, because they got that lore MacGuffin they installed in SS.

While it is stupid and lazy, I don't play Zelda for narrative.

The gameplay, dungeons, soundtrack, and goofy side characters are what I care about.

All this did was give ammo to people who say Zelda is the same game over and over again.

All this did was give ammo to people who say Zelda is the same game over and over again.

But they did it, Aonuma and Miyamoto did it to themselves.

They wanted a shitty excuse to write the same story over and over again, they now have plot armor to use Zelda as a money printer.

That's not right. I want a resolution to the hero of time! Enough of Ganon!

They wanted a shitty excuse to write the same story over and over again, they now have plot armor to use Zelda as a money printer.

Perhaps Vaati can be the villain again...

I like Vaati...

The gameplay, dungeons, soundtrack, and goofy side characters are what I care about.

There are really interesting things to do in the Zelda universe, but I don't know what I expected with Aonuma and Miyamoto in charge.

Since I only played Zelda for the world itself, now I can leave this franchise for good, and go back to only caring about a Metroid game that will never come out, because Japan doesn't like it.

Individual Zelda games can be great on their own, who gives a fuck about the overarching narrative. Nobody needed justification for every game reusing the same elements.

It has great boss fights and dungeons, but it's terrible otherwise.

Basically infinite meter, the ability to full heal and several instakills.
Boss mode could have been a fun diversion in Ultimax if not for her.
I spent like...4 hours trying to get through bullshit Labrys with her 10000 damage 5 hit combos and sho with his bullshit triple status effects just to get to elizabeth and after like 30 or 50 tries I just fucked off.

semisonic

Banned

Oh fuck off.
It doesn't even matter what the canon is for zelda.
Their quality for the playstyle is something unmatched, and this money printer idea is made assuming each of the games isn't GOTY quality in terms of design and sheer polish. We've had, what, one bad one so far?
And it played pretty damn good once you got past the tutorial. Ancient cistern was easily the best water temple the series has had(in 3d at least), and a bunch of the others weren't too shabby either. It was the free roaming through an empty world that sucked ass(which, admittedly, was incredibly disappointing.) But I felt that even with that, the quality of the new combat systems and the level design for the dungeons and boss design for the bosses that weren't the sealed or whatever it was was pretty goddamn top notch. It was a bad zelda game, but it was a good game overall.

No one plays zelda for the story, because story is not what zelda is good at.
Zelda is good at being zelda, with gameplay and charm.
What good would a technical plot resolution do us? Ganondorf is a rad villain, and I really don't mind him being made the honorary villain forever. They're still free to mess around with their Vaatis and their Ghirahims, and they are also free to have him be different people with different motivations every time. What he is does not always because of the will of demise. Sometimes it can just be because of the incarnation's own personal motivations. It just means that not everything is a continuation of the struggle. Maybe some stories happen between resurrections, like skull kid. Skull kid happened immediately after the defeat of events of OOT, and was not the reincarnation of Ganon. That's still a thing that can happen.
And speaking of ganondof, he still has the potential to be cool as fuck like in OOT, where he was Ganondorf Dragmire, the greedy ass Desert King. That wasn't just a representation of Demise's lingering hatred, it was still a dude who became the king of evil. Maybe his Ganon form was that, but the question is what does that actually change?
Most of the Zelda games's reasons for fighting him is because he's evil and you're the destined hero chosen by the gods anyways. Hell, OOT just tells you that right off the bat.
So in conclusion, I'm going to get and play Zelda 2015. I am probably going to love it, because it looks hype as fuck. Because I like Zelda games for reasons other than their sub-par levels of lore. You are free not to like them, and not to play them.
Goddamn I'm not sure if I'm so salty because I'm tired, or if being this salty is making me tired. I apologize for the contents of this post, but jeez there needed to be a proper rebuttal to this group shitting that was occuring before my eyes, including lore things that are just wrong. And since none came, we have to make do with this. I will welcome my title of zelda apologist with open arms.

Top Bottom